Worst Refereeing decision for and against Derby.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

One of the worst, Steve Bull diving for a pen for Wolves away game just before Christmas in the early 90s. 5 minutes from time and put them 2-1 up. Our defender, name escapes me, was sent off too. We then went up the other end and scored 2, the winner deep in to injury time, to win 3-2 so all worked out in the end.

Simon Coleman ? David Ellerey was the ref and the headline in the Sunday paper was Bloody Ellerey 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

Kewell for Leeds, Rush in the 7-1 to make it 1-1, Savages dive for Leicester, Gary never been booked for Spurs was terrible, especially as our chairman who wouldn't give us a bean signed him for Spurs as a favour.  The one Martin never got at Burnley with a red - cost us automatic.

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Jack Taylor 1976 FA Cup Semi final v Manure when Dave Nish chipped the ball over the defence and ran on to score when the game was 1-0 but disallowed for a mystery player who was supposedly interfering with play. 
Roger Milford in the play off final v Fester not giving a blatant foul on Martin Taylor for their equaliser and letting Steve Walsh and co kick our players all over the park . 

Leicester had a fullback called Coatsworth, who was the worst excuse for a player at that level I've seen.  Should have had 2 yellows and 2 straight reds in the first half trying to keep up with Johnson. 

39 minutes ago, Hustler said:

I can remember a match around 1984 when John Robertson played for us. He blatantly dived in the box, the ref awarded us a penalty and he blew a kiss to the crowd. I have just spent the last hour trying to think who it was against?

That was Norwich in the cup if I remember correctly. 

I would go for the Chris Martin sending iff against Burnley which cost us automatic promotion, and effectively triggered our demise.

But running it a very, very close second was Middlesbrough away in the relegation season during the war with the efl.

Crook elbowed Beilik in the face which didn’t even warrant a free kick when it should have been a red card, as was his scything down Max Bird. He got away with 2 yellow card offences as well, so was still on the pitch in time added on at the end of the first half to score from an offside position.

In terms of justice it tops the lot by miles, but the Burnley injustice cost us more.

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Even worse than keoghs?

Technically Williams' was a more glaring error in my opinion.  We've all seen mistakes like Keogh's in football matches (not forgetting Forsyth and Buxton for allowing the cross in the first place). It was nothing that unusual really.  But to this day I've never anyone fresh air a header like Williams did in that game, I just don't know how he managed it.  The counter argument is that the timing of Keogh's mistake was more cruel, giving us no hope of a comeback.    

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

One of the worst, Steve Bull diving for a pen for Wolves away game just before Christmas in the early 90s. 5 minutes from time and put them 2-1 up. Our defender, name escapes me, was sent off too. We then went up the other end and scored 2, the winner deep in to injury time, to win 3-2 so all worked out in the end.

I think it was Simon Coleman. Bobby D got one of ours

The iconic ones stand out; atwell and Chris Martin, though Worrell pretty much grabbing the ball on the floor in the box in our relegation season v forest was pretty galling.

In our favour, maybe cos it’s fresh in the memory but reading at home this season had some very soft decisions that we rarely seem to get.

I remember being rather incensed by Wanchope’s sending off against Middlesbrough. I still recall the atmosphere that day, as the ten men went on to beat them, as being amongst the best. Derby fans are always at their best when faced with a bit of injustice, I have always thought. 

Harry Kewell’s dive was a disgrace. Cheating is part of that club’s DNA. 

I am also still irrationally annoyed by Bobby Davison getting a yellow card after colliding with Martin Hodge on a frozen BBG pitch in an FA cup tie. I think I should let that one go really! 

14 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I remember being rather incensed by Wanchope’s sending off against Middlesbrough. I still recall the atmosphere that day, as the ten men went on to beat them, as being amongst the best. Derby fans are always at their best when faced with a bit of injustice, I have always thought. 

Harry Kewell’s dive was a disgrace. Cheating is part of that club’s DNA. 

I am also still irrationally annoyed by Bobby Davison getting a yellow card after colliding with Martin Hodge on a frozen BBG pitch in an FA cup tie. I think I should let that one go really! 

Urghhh Andy Townsend being a cheating so n so. Never liked the bloke. Crap pundit too. Johnathon Hunt 87 minute winner if my brain remembers correctly. Felt joyous. And about the only thing hunt ever did.

9 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

That was Norwich in the cup if I remember correctly. 

Yes it was. Thanks for that - was driving me crazy trying to remember!

Posted (edited)

The penalty away at Plymouth last season was a shocker. Took the wind out of the sails of our season I felt.

Two that I thought at the time the ref got wrong were the tackles Mears made on Koumas in the WBA play off final. Watching live I was convinced we'd got away with them but looking back they are both perfectly timed tackles.

Both the penalties against Real Madrid were soft and the second Pirri goal was so not offside. Should have gone to Madrid 2-2 and less set up for the heartache that followed.

Franny Lee did dive against Leeds, sorry but!

Edited by BaaLocks

14 hours ago, Highgate said:

Best dodgy decision in our favour the penalty against Rotherham in 1986, the most crucial anyway.  

Worst decision, not to give a foul when Roberts elbowed Taylor in the face in 1994...or course that injustice was compounded by Paul Williams' worst attempted clearance in Derby history one second later. Still hurts.

100% agree.

Roger Milford. Last game of his career.

Nailed on first place......all other dodgy decisions are playing for the runner up spot.

Still irks 30 years on. Probably the worst day of my life from a footballing perspective.

1 minute ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Dwight Yorke not getting red for the Dean Yates assault, compounded by the fact that he should also have had a second yellow later in the game for playing in long after the whistle had gone.

Then slapping Collymores hand after.  Remember Yorke getting sent off for United and Ferguson saying he wasn't that kind of player. McClaren behind never said a word, he knew better.  I encountered Yorke in Berlins about 30 years ago.  As big a ballbag as he was that day. 

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

100% agree.

Roger Milford. Last game of his career.

Nailed on first place......all other dodgy decisions are playing for the runner up spot.

Still irks 30 years on. Probably the worst day of my life from a footballing perspective.

Remember after Zamora my dad saying “still not as bad as Leicester” and I still can’t fathom how that’s possible 😂