Birmingham relegated.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,3581135,page=1

loathed nationwide as the shitstain they are it seems.  😂

Love how they keep referring to w**k irrelevant clubs....like fella, you've literally never won anything of any real value. A couple of Ronald McDonald Cups and the Birmingham Senior Cup? Lol, have a f***ing word with yourselves, haven't you already been humiliated enough without doing it to yourselves? 😄

This one's priceless:

"I work in Bristol, if l can call it that , the only club that has not skinted itself over the yrs to get to the promised land .
Small time owners with deluded supporters."

First off, Bristol, who the f*** wouldn't rather live in Bristol than Birmingham? Second, not driving themselves into bankruptcy is a bad thing?! F***ing literally 😄

Edited by StaffsRam

40 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

First off, Bristol, who the f*** wouldn't rather live in Bristol than Birmingham?

Would depend very much on which bit of Birmingham vs which bit of Bristol....if we're talking "where footballers live" probably Bristol.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would depend very much on which bit of Birmingham vs which bit of Bristol....if we're talking "where footballers live" probably Bristol.

I mean, it's all relative, obviously, but good chunks of Birmingham could easily be twinned with 1945 downtown Hiroshima.

Reading that Birmingham thread is gold. Falling all over themselves for an ownership that has got them relegated, have deluded plans for a stadium expansion which they can't possibly fill and who have added little quality to a squad that struggled. It's quite odd to be honest, if it was me I'd be questioning their management and their extravagant plans. Watching them struggle on Saturday against a Norwich team in first gear who had basically 0 to play for should have made them a little humble but apparently not... 

They're also seemingly convinced they'll take over grounds across the country and roll over everyone in sight... Personally I don't see them getting out of there in a single season. If Sunderland, Ipswich, us, Sheffield United, Notts Forest, Sheffield Wednesday couldn't do it then I don't see why they will. Plus you've got Wrexham and Stockport both coming up who look like they have the potential to be useful at this level. Charlton had a mare of a season but you've got to fancy them for a fight back and one of Peterborough or Bolton will be staying down causing additional problems. Plus you've got Rotherham who always find a way to bounce back somehow to add to the competition.

I fancy them to do an us in the first season and either steal a place in the playoffs but not go up automatically or just miss out. As soon as they don't hit the ground running and rolling over teams their fan base will turn on the owners, manager and players causing a crisis-type atmosphere. Being a bigger club (I'd put Birmingham as slightly smaller than the clubs above) is such a double-edged sword. Everyone raises their games, brings a bigger following than usual and at home they can really even up the odds with dodgy pitches, incompetent refs and dark arts tactics. You have to be absolutely ruthless to get out of it which I don't think they've cottoned on to yet.

Whichever one of Bolton or Peterborough don't go up (or possibly both), they'll be there or thereabouts next season. If Lincoln and Oxford (if they're still there) can retain most of the squads then they'll have decent shouts as well. Charlton, with a full summer transfer window and pre-season under Nathan Jones could do well. Wigan and Reading on level playing fields. Wildcard Wrexham. All of those could easily give Birmingham problems. If they're anything like every other team of a moderate size that's gone down then the first year will be a huge culture shock. You can almost always write that off. They SHOULD acclimatize for the second year and realistically that's when you'd expect to see them mounting more of a challenge. 

Personally, I hope their management team, whoever it is by then, are equally as deluded as their fans when they're heading into the season proper. There's definitely more comedy gold potential there with that mindset. 

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

I actually like Birmingham the place, it's just those particular bluenose supporters that disgrace it.

The city centre is nice but I use to work not far from their ground and that area of the city is rough 

10 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

First off, Bristol, who the f*** wouldn't rather live in Bristol than Birmingham? Second, not driving themselves into bankruptcy is a bad thing?! F***ing literally 😄

Birmingham. Have you never been to Edgbaston, Digbeth, Sutton Coldfield? I lived for several years in Erdington, Five Ways and Four Oaks. Lovely but pricey

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

The city centre is nice but I use to work not far from their ground and that area of the city is rough 

Oh aye, as is (or at least, was when I lived in Birmingham for a time) Balsall Heath and Bordesley Green, which is the other side of St Andrews. I lived in Moseley for a time, which was run-down but not bad, and then Gravelly Hill which was OK as long as you didn't use the pubs round there where collections for "Irish Orphans" were nightly events. A night at the Armada pub was something you recommended to people you didn't like. Had some great times in the City Centre bars, Hagley Road and Five Ways areas though.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I doubt very much many footballers live in what could reasonably described as "Birmingham". There are areas (Little Aston and parts of Four Oaks, Solihull and Sutton Coldfield for example) not too far from the city that have properties I suspect not many of us on this forum can even dream of being able to afford.

One thing I'm fairly confident of though, I suspect none live in Tamworth. 😃

Edited by Tamworthram

Posted (edited)

Hull popped straight back up a few years ago, seeing as Brum “only just” got relegated with reasonable points tally, I think they will be up there next season.

It won’t be a walk in the park though for any team.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

2 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I called in at a Tesco Express on the way to their ground a few years ago to get a couple of beers. There was someone at the self checkout with the biggest pile of shopping and his card wouldn’t work. Somehow he thought they should let him take his shopping home and he’d come back and settle up later. When they wouldn’t let him do it he proper kicked off at the store assistants. The security had to remove him. I just thought lovely place around here.

44 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt very much many footballers live in what could reasonably described as "Birmingham". There are areas (Little Aston and parts of Four Oaks, Solihull and Sutton Coldfield for example) not too far from the city that have properties I suspect not many of us on this forum can even dream of being able to afford.

One thing I'm fairly confident of though, I suspect none live in Tamworth. 😃

Perhaps Lichfield though.  I lived for a time in Edgbaston. Couldn’t afford to now even though I now live in leafy, quite well to do Woodford Green in North East London with Ronnie O’Sullivan a half mile away in one direction and Meera Syall and Sanjeev Bhaskar t’other way. I’ve seen Tony Robinson of Baldrick fame around as well. I think he’s a patron of the RSPCA Abbey street rehoming centre in Derby.  No one else famous though if you discount, as I do, all the Only Way is Essex prats.

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Birmingham. Have you never been to Edgbaston, Digbeth, Sutton Coldfield? I lived for several years in Erdington, Five Ways and Four Oaks. Lovely but pricey

Sutton Coldfield is not Birmingham

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Sutton Coldfield is not Birmingham

You were saying? 
“Sutton Coldfield and its surrounding suburbs are governed under Birmingham City Council for local government purposes but the town has its own town council which governs the town and its surrounding areas by running local services and electing a mayor to the council. It became part of Birmingham and the West Midlands metropolitan county under the Local Government Act 1972.