New investment

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

This Rams Daily podcast was really interesting, especially the 2nd half in which they discussed finances;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hv0gmg

To summarise this season Derby had a wage bill of around £17m.  The Championship average wage will is around £30m - so £13m more than we're currently paying.  Next season our income will increase by approx £7-8m compared to what we have been getting in Lg1.  So already thats a shortfall of £5m not including include any transfer fees etc.

Given that a wage budget is typically a good indicator of league position and Derby under DC will be run sustainably, any outside investment is going to be crucial if we hope to cement our position in the Championship nevermind push on towards the play-off positions.

We've got a lot of work to do this summer, with little room for error.

You can see how heavily that average is distorted by the three down from the Prem unsurprisingly. Might not be a surprise to some, but it was to me, is how high our current wage structure would rank in the championship this season 

Screenshot_20240501_064410_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheepinthedales said:

You can see how heavily that average is distorted by the three down from the Prem unsurprisingly. Might not be a surprise to some, but it was to me, is how high our current wage structure would rank in the championship this season 

Yes, there's absolutely no reason why we should be spending more than the top level of non-parachute clubs.

58 minutes ago, Sheepinthedales said:

A think a few things to think about here. 

1. I’d take those estimates there with a pinch of salt. That estimate puts Blackburn players on less than £6k a week on average. (25 players) Not having it. 

2. Our wage bill has been widely reported but that figure, someone correct me if I’m wrong, is the entire clubs wage bill. Not just playing staff. There is no way our average players wage is £13.5k a week. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

1. I’d take those estimates there with a pinch of salt. That estimate puts Blackburn players on less than £6k a week on average. (25 players) Not having it. 

2. Our wage bill has been widely reported but that figure, someone correct me if I’m wrong, is the entire clubs wage bill. Not just playing staff. There is no way our average players wage is £13.5k a week. 

It can't be can it if the reports that the efl put a 12k a week limit on us were correct.   If I remember correctly last season Hourihane was reportedly on that as top earner. 

Edited by trappatoni

That 13m will cover everyone at the club from the first team down to the laundry ladies at moor farm and the army of match day hospitality staff. 
i think it’s safe to say our expenditure on non playing and coaching staff will be considerably more than most in the EFL. 

12 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I suspect buying or investors will see how we fair in the championship after going up first. Gut feeling clowes will see a season out in the championship and if we survive then people will start to look at Derby as an investment/buying opportunity 

still think Mike Ashley will end up buying Derby at some point. Could have easily brought other clubs and with his business being close maybe makes sense as to why he wants Derby and a chance to keep his Newcastle scarves to save his money 

I've long thought Mike Ashley would buy us eventually, but I just can't see David Clowes selling to him.

I feel like our next move financially will be a carefully thought out one. He is a real fan of the club, not a chancer looking to a make a quick buck.

Clowes won't want the stadium being renamed to Sports Direct arena I can't imagine.

12 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I suspect buying or investors will see how we fair in the championship after going up first. Gut feeling clowes will see a season out in the championship and if we survive then people will start to look at Derby as an investment/buying opportunity 

still think Mike Ashley will end up buying Derby at some point. Could have easily brought other clubs and with his business being close maybe makes sense as to why he wants Derby and a chance to keep his Newcastle scarves to save his money 

Hope you are joking.

2 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

1. Blackburns owner is putting next to no money into the club and they’ve a lot of young players and loans so I’d imagine that figure isn’t far off.

2. The figure that went round is indeed every staff member at the club. 

3 hours ago, Guest said:

A lot of us fans are assuming mid- table budget = mid- table finish . Birmingham are proving that to be pie in the sky . The 3 parachute teams got £55 mill each for their first season after relegation . The £65 mill LCFC don’t now require is divided up between the other grasping Prem teams . What a joke ! 

11 hours ago, tinman said:

That 13m will cover everyone at the club from the first team down to the laundry ladies at moor farm and the army of match day hospitality staff. 
i think it’s safe to say our expenditure on non playing and coaching staff will be considerably more than most in the EFL. 

That's why Rotherham are bottom.

Their match day staff is Madge from Pies....

21 hours ago, maxjam said:

Next season our income will increase by approx £7-8m compared to what we have been getting in Lg1.  So already thats a shortfall of £5m not including include any transfer fees etc.

That's not quite what was said. He said income will increase by AT LEAST 7 to 8 million because of the new TV deal alone.

Then you need to add on other increase income such as though an improved shirt sponsorship deal, other commercial deals, more away fans coming to games and so on. He didn't give an estimate for how much extra revenue that would generate.

On 29/04/2024 at 22:09, Abu Derby said:

The caravan king perhaps?

He lost all respect from me when it was reported that he was to save the narrow gauge railway at Markeaton Park from being torn up.

Now it’s spread around the country from Scarborough to Cornwall! 

Get out.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He lost all respect from me when it was reported that he was to save the narrow gauge railway at Markeaton Park from being torn up.

Now it’s spread around the country from Scarborough to Cornwall! 

Get out.

Can see why you arnt chuffed 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Can see why you arnt chuffed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Puns aside, I was steaming when I found out the news it was all BS.

On 01/05/2024 at 07:51, Sidd10 said:

Didn't Stephen Pearce say the playing sides wage bill is around £7.5 million in his radio derby interview a couple of months ago.