Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We are still capable of automatic promotion because the opposition are so poor and not because of our outstanding football 

the league is crap and it's an especially crap division this year compared to previous years

you are completely correct we can be rubbish and still go up, it will be a huge disapointment if we arent in the championship next year

the teams that came down have been terrible but will sort themselves out by next year, the teams coming down this year will be much better & more worryingly the teams coming up from league two will likely be at the top end of the division so whatever we achieve this season next year is going to be much harder

Edited by alram

14 minutes ago, alram said:

bradley is a really dislikable footballer, reminds me of t. lawrence just seems to have about 3 brain cells and that's being kind

3 more then wilson then 

12 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

So it wasn't a foul just before they scored? I must have been watching a different game. My apologies 

So a decision didn't go our way, is that why we failed to defend the cross or mark the goalscorer properly? Or the reason we fluffed a few clear cut chances? Or the reason we generally just bimbled about like it was a pre-season friendly? Yeah, I must have been watching a different game.

8 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Very very frustrating loss.

I can't really think of anyone who made a good name for themselves today.

All over the place tactically and was very reminiscent of the first part of the season. Everyone seemed panicky and was too much looking at each other rather than taking the initiative themselves. Credit to Northampton they sussed our standard build up game plan of getting it out to the Wing Backs as they had 3 men immediately surrounding when Sibley/Wilson received the ball. 

Their low block was making our back 3 have tunnel vision when we were trying to play it forward at time it felt ages before we would play the ball forward and by the time it would be played forward Northampton's defence would have found their shape again. Today showed the holes in Warnes system which is if you are wasteful or slow when the wings have committed it can spell danger as their goal was prime example.

Excellent post. Some of the ludicrous over-reacters posting rubbish should read that.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hard to know whether you can afford him as  a passenger - you don’t know whether he will waive his magic wand. But I think Warne underestimates the energy-sucking impact on the rest of the team,  of having a player dawdling around.  Especially if it’s the captain. 
And so long as Ward’s on the pitch, Hourihane’s talent as a dead ball striker is neither here nor there 

No saying you can’t bring him on in the last 10 minutes but he should not be starting the midfield gets over run in the midfield. 

15 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

So it wasn't a foul just before they scored? I must have been watching a different game. My apologies 

He did let a hand ball go, if given he was off and a penalty given

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I would have put Washington on to play up top with Waggy but to be honest Roy Waggy looks rusty and no doubt Wash is too ….but Waggy should’ve scored as should Adams but I’d never take Adams off as he’s a proper grafter …Wilson did ok but I still think he’s an impact sub much the same as Ward one gets 60 one gets 30 imo but not on together that I agree with 

I don't understand why he didn't throw one of the centre-backs up front. But there's lots about Warne's football that seems inexplicable. The only good to come out of today is Bradley getting sent off.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Excellent post. Some of the ludicrous over-reacters posting rubbish should read that.

Well maybe the reaction wouldn't be so severe if we had a manager capable of adapting to the issues presented to him. He got it badly wrong today, and not for the first time this season. Once or twice can be written off as a bad day, but this happens far too often with Warne.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's all hindsight though, isn't it. Without injuries, we'd have enough in my opinion. We have Collins, Gayle, TJJ, Washington and Waghorn. It's just typical that we haven't had more than 2 fit at once nearly all season.

Is that typical though? Except TJJ they are all old men, bound to get injuries, naive to think otherwise. This isn't hindsight, you sign these sorts of players in league 1 its because they have no better options and they are broken and risky to sign. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't understand why he didn't throw one of the centre-backs up front. But there's lots about Warne's football that seems inexplicable. The only good to come out of today is Bradley getting sent off.

Nearly agreed with you there, Bradley getting sent off is not helpful because we might have a situation where we need a centre half no matter how we judge him - I really hope Forsyth can be fit