Ebou Adams.

Rev

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

As I understand it, xGOT is the chance of a shot that is On Target resulting in a goal.  xG measures the quality of the chance before a shot is taken.

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5vN7WktX02/?igsh=dnZndG5vcjRuOTFm

You can tell he loves it here, smiling at the 'sign him up' chants.

Player power is absolutely huge these days - let him kick up a fuss at Cardiff, put some decent money on the table, and I'm sure we'll get it done. It's either that or he leaves them for free at the end of next season.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Good defensive midfielder but I question his technical ability at Champ level, won't be playing against free transfer from lower league midfield setups there.

Don't necessarily need it in the right balance of a midfield. Currently, he would be the only one I'd consider playing and every one else would be new. Need a player who can cover ground and be as aggressive as he is whether it's him or not. Win it, cover spaces, give it simple.

Warne ain't as daft as he sounds though, if we can't keep Adams, he will have ideas of alternatives. and you can guarantee they would be a similar athlete.

Edited by Srg

10 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Good defensive midfielder but I question his technical ability at Champ level, won't be playing against free transfer from lower league midfield setups there.

This was basically my opinion.  He'd be useful if he had more technical and forward playing options around him at the next level that he could give the ball on to.

20 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Adams, Gambian international. He's not an idiakez on the ball, far from it. However, he wins more ball back than Idi did. The lad's a ball winner and he then gives it to a ball player. On top of that, he's not exactly useless as his recent goal showed that he has good ball control.

Absolutely no one was thinking Idiakez was a defensive mid.

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Absolutely no one was thinking Idiakez was a defensive mid.

Including me. Nowhere did I post that the two played the same role. Technically, he's not in Idi's League. Physically, the reverse is true.

It's only occasionally you'll get a DM who is also technically gifted. GT was one.

55 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Or we don't sign him and find a better player? I want to go up an compete, we've got the resources.

How much are you willing to pay for someone better?

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Don't necessarily need it in the right balance of a midfield. Currently, he would be the only one I'd consider playing and every one else would be new. Need a player who can cover ground and be as aggressive as he is whether it's him or not. Win it, cover spaces, give it simple.

Warne ain't as daft as he sounds though, if we can't keep Adams, he will have ideas of alternatives. and you can guarantee they would be a similar athlete.

Let's cast our minds back to when everyone thought John Eustace was crap and didn't offer anything to the side.  Then Mac 1 comes in and he's the most important cog in the machine.  Nobody is asking Ebou to be Zidane, but for what he's being asked do he's very good at.  Ever since Warne came in we've struggled in midfield to pick up scrappy 2nd balls and break up the opposition's play, he's tried Bird, Hourihane, Thompson, Fornah & Smith, and none of them have done it anywhere near as good as Adams.  It's also very hard to coach into a player.

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

How much are you willing to pay for someone better?

More appropriately:

How much is he willing for David Clowes to pay for someone better?