Ebou Adams.

Rev

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Don't necessarily need it in the right balance of a midfield. Currently, he would be the only one I'd consider playing and every one else would be new. Need a player who can cover ground and be as aggressive as he is whether it's him or not. Win it, cover spaces, give it simple.

Warne ain't as daft as he sounds though, if we can't keep Adams, he will have ideas of alternatives. and you can guarantee they would be a similar athlete.

I agree. Its all about blend. People used to say Darryl Powell wasn't 'technically good enough' but he was a massive player for us. He was very similar to Ebou and did a great job alongside more technically gifted players such as Asanovic for example. Aljosa was just about as technically gifted as its possible to get but needed a player like Powell in there  

Edited by Gerry Daly

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

How much is Adams going to cost us? No one knows.

Well, with 1 year left on his contract and most Cardiff fans having the same view of him as you do (despite him playing fewer games for them than he has for us) we shouldn't really be paying more for him than we did for CBT. They want a clear out of "deadwood" so lets' hope CCFC management feel the same.

17 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I think Ebou could be our modern day Darryl Powell. He played more than 200 games for the club, many in the Premier League and in a World Cup finals yet had no more technical ability than Adams possesses.

Darryl bless him.  I still remember him marking Ortega in the World Cup. A thing of beauty and horrific in equal measure. Full on engine but exactly what I mean about needing technical players around him to make his skillset useful at a higher level.  

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Darryl bless him.  I still remember him marking Ortega in the World Cup. A thing of beauty and horrific in equal measure. Full on engine but exactly what I mean about needing technical players around him to make his skillset useful at a higher level.  

If Adams could do as good a job for us as DP did in the second tier promotion season, I think we'd all be happy.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I still remember him catching the ball in the middle

of the pitch 😂

Classic George Thorne scenario in that we all want the Club to buy Adams. However, whilst many existing players will leave end of season (some who are on big money wages) it’s still likely that the actual transfer fee pot will be relatively small. 
Cardiff will have been monitoring Adams’ performance this season and even if they are prepared to entertain a sale I can see them holding out for a decent fee- certainly more than we paid for CBT (maybe they will take an exchange!!?👍).

Anyway, if that sale went through it will take a large chunk of that transfer pot. Guess what I am saying is that we almost buy Ebou just to stand still. Surely any money left will have to go on a class striker. Gonna be tough unless we get some decent ‘investment’ from somewhere..

I hate us being poor’ 😟

5 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Or we don't sign him and find a better player? I want to go up an compete, we've got the resources.

I'd keep him although obviously that would depend on just how much Cardiff wanted. If it was a sensible ask (based on the fact that they seemed happy to send him out on loan) I would start him as the ball-winner and use whatever resources are available and target the areas we need to strengthen the most - a couple of more technically-gifted midfielders and a pacey central striker, bearing in mind Brown could also feature next season as another supporting striker. 

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

I agree. Its all about blend. People used to say Darryl Powell wasn't 'technically good enough' but he was a massive player for us. He was very similar to Ebou and did a great job alongside more technically gifted players such as Asanovic for example. Aljosa was just about as technically gifted as its possible to get but needed a player like Powell in there  

DPFG ! He was a major cog in the wheel 👍

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I think Ebou could be our modern day Darryl Powell. He played more than 200 games for the club, many in the Premier League and in a World Cup finals yet had no more technical ability than Adams possesses.

I’d say he had less.  Ebou is good on the ball and can play an accurate pass more than 15 yards.  Darryl was never one for spraying balls about

52 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Classic George Thorne scenario in that we all want the Club to buy Adams. However, whilst many existing players will leave end of season (some who are on big money wages) it’s still likely that the actual transfer fee pot will be relatively small. 
Cardiff will have been monitoring Adams’ performance this season and even if they are prepared to entertain a sale I can see them holding out for a decent fee- certainly more than we paid for CBT (maybe they will take an exchange!!?👍).

Anyway, if that sale went through it will take a large chunk of that transfer pot. Guess what I am saying is that we almost buy Ebou just to stand still. Surely any money left will have to go on a class striker. Gonna be tough unless we get some decent ‘investment’ from somewhere..

I hate us being poor’ 😟

When you farm out a 28 year old on loan, it's a signal that you don't rate him (as indeed most Cardiff fans don't seem to). If Cardiff put too high a fee on him, they'll get nothing, because most, Championship teams won't have much money to spend either and those with money will be looking higher I think.

If we go up and PW wants to play 2 in midfield then trying to sign him is a no brainer. 
imo he’s as good around the pitch as Shinniesta and better in the air.

If he’s going to play a 3 and, heaven forbid, try to control games more or play through midfield then it’s less clear cut……but that’s not going to happen.

if we go up I’d like an Ebou flying salute T-shirt…..for me that’s the image of the season so far.

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

When you farm out a 28 year old on loan, it's a signal that you don't rate him (as indeed most Cardiff fans don't seem to). If Cardiff put too high a fee on him, they'll get nothing, because most, Championship teams won't have much money to spend either and those with money will be looking higher I think.

The main reason they loaned him out was because he’d had these big injuries and they not only wanted to get him match fit but also to see how he played. Both of those boxes have been ticked. I think most of us believe he can do it in the Championship- why would Cardiff now think differently? They obviously thought so when they bought him. 

But at the end of the day it will come down to how much we want to pay for him. Thorne helped us by agitating for a move, but I don’t see Ebou doing that…

2 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

The main reason they loaned him out was because he’d had these big injuries and they not only wanted to get him match fit but also to see how he played. Both of those boxes have been ticked. I think most of us believe he can do it in the Championship- why would Cardiff now think differently? They obviously thought so when they bought him. 

But at the end of the day it will come down to how much we want to pay for him. Thorne helped us by agitating for a move, but I don’t see Ebou doing that…

A different manager signed him for Cardiff than the one they currently have.

He joined us on Jan 31st. His last game for them was Jan 1st. He hasn't been injured this season, his 2nd at Cardiff. That Jan 1st game was Cardiff's 29th of the season in all competitions. Ebou was in the matchday squad for their season's opener at L**ds. In those 29 games he had 5 starts, was subbed off on 3 of those occasions. He was subbed on 8 times. 

I disagree with @Srg. Ebou was fit enough from the start of the season. Why else would he have been in the squad?

Season 1 at Cardiff ended in pre season when he suffered a clean tear of his pectoral muscle tendon, 10 minutes into his first pre season game for them. He was due for a return six months later but then picked up a knee injury which ruled him out for the rest of the season without making a senior first team appearance.