Shamima Begum loses appeal against removal of British citizenship

Ram-Alf

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Not sure from the above how you consider David icke a far right speaker / supporter who it makes sense to ban from being allowed to speak in public on another thread in here , your view is your view but 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is one of those areas where we do agree, @Archied. I hate the idea of people being gagged as much as I hate the idea of book-burning , people being chastised/persecuted/shot for their beliefs, people's beliefs being thrust upon others etc.

It's difficult knowing where to draw the line on what constitutes 'hate-speech' and at what point it becomes incitement.

Saying that, I think that David Icke is, by and large, a harmless crackpot.

26 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Every other country are bringing their citizens back and put them on trial. Why should it be different for the UK? That's one thing, the other one she was 15. That does not make it right or an excuse but it has to be taken into consideration too.

I believe some 400 have come back more most likely but not yet known to the authority's, I'm off the fence now, Bring her back and try her in our Courts, She's very high profile and being used as a Political pawn...imo

Begum is not the only one to lose her citizenship 

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2023/01/22/british-born-isis-terrorist-jihadi-jack-to-be-repatriated-to-canada/

Not sure from the above how you consider David icke a far right speaker / supporter who it makes sense to ban from being allowed to speak in public on another thread in here , your view is your view but 🤷🏻‍♂️

'"...I contain multitudes."

I wouldn't ban David Icke, his views are so mad that they defeat themselves in all but the most mad company.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

This is one of those areas where we do agree, @Archied. I hate the idea of people being gagged as much as I hate the idea of book-burning , people being chastised/persecuted/shot for their beliefs, people's beliefs being thrust upon others etc.

It's difficult knowing where to draw the line on what constitutes 'hate-speech' and at what point it becomes incitement.

The line should be drawn just before Liz Truss steps up to a microphone?

(Joking btw, let it all be heard)

Edited by Alph

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

👍, never found anyone that I totally agreed everything they said and I reckon it would worry me if I did 😂,

I kind of like people who are off the beaten track and challenge the norm even if I may come to they view they are talking balls on a subject, they tend to catch my eye if they are treated a certain way by the establishment 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Banned from Netherlands for saying Jewish groups were behind Covid conspiracies. 

Can you show me where he has said this ( not where someone says he has ) , I would be extremely surprised because I’ve never seen that from him,

as I say he has always come from a more left wing principle in everything I’ve seen of him ,so far right tag really surprises me from people who from they’re posts are very much in line with his ethos on have and have nots , poverty , people conscripted to wars to fight and die for the few ect ect ect,

sure he goes perhaps a bit far for some peoples taste but the bloke is vey much decent at heart, never ever heard anything from him that hates on anyone🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Also meant to say , I get the harmless crackpot bit👍

Can you show me where he has said this ( not where someone says he has ) , I would be extremely surprised because I’ve never seen that from him,

It was in a Youtube interview that was subsequently deleted (for legal reasons I guess)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52198946

I don't think he's right-wing either. He is plenty of unpleasant things, but I wouldn't call him right-wing

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

It was in a Youtube interview that was subsequently deleted (for legal reasons I guess)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52198946

I don't think he's right-wing either. He is plenty of unpleasant things, but I wouldn't call him right-wing

I will be 100% that it was not directed at anything anti Jewish perhaps something that somebody called anti Jewish which perhaps he has also aimed at plenty who are not Jewish , the one thing I can tell you is , I may be a lot of things but the one thing I can tell you is I despise bigotry in anyone and would never defend anyone who traded on it ,

there’s lots people can say regards icke and thinking he is nothing more than a loon is a choice and I get that but as I say the barbs aimed and blindly parroted by some are just disgusting , happens to lots of people and this point was really started regards nevalny who I will research a bit now on the strength of stuff said and I think a question you posed👍

21 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

She's British and should be tried in the UK and sentenced in accordance with her age at the time of the offence. Of course, that's a Pandora's box in itself for too may reasons to attempt listing them all here. Frankly, I'm surprised the government has not simply sent her to Rwanda. Isn't that our chosen destination for 'unwelcome problems'? 

Far too pleasant for her there...

And she's not British anymore,she's stateless.

By her own hand.

Good riddance.

On 23/02/2024 at 12:29, alexxxxx said:

I think it's dangerous that you can have your citizenship given by birth taken away on the basis that you're eligible/hold other citizenship.

There are some countries where if you gain citizenship in another country, you automatically lose your original citizenship (but you can apply to regain it afterwards)

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There are some countries where if you gain citizenship in another country, you automatically lose your original citizenship (but you can apply to regain it afterwards)

Yeah that's true however in this case she was born as a UK Citizen.

It essentially leads to a different class of citizenship if it can be revoked if you've got another citizenship.

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Barking mad. 

I saw her whole CPAC speech. You have to admit she has a point

The Radical Islamist Party is proving hugely popular with the Trans activists. It's quite frightening. You look at these Pro Hamas marches now and you've got all the Pride flags everywhere. Really grinds my gears. Left wing extremism has gone too far. The banks are in on it. The EU are pushing it. 

I always said it. Liz Truss was the right woman at the wrong time. When she comes again it will be when we need her. With Farage by her side. Assuming he doesn't become too left wing for her before then. 

3 hours ago, Alph said:

I saw her whole CPAC speech. You have to admit she has a point

The Radical Islamist Party is proving hugely popular with the Trans activists. It's quite frightening. You look at these Pro Hamas marches now and you've got all the Pride flags everywhere. Really grinds my gears. Left wing extremism has gone too far. The banks are in on it. The EU are pushing it. 

I always said it. Liz Truss was the right woman at the wrong time. When she comes again it will be when we need her. With Farage by her side. Assuming he doesn't become too left wing for her before then. 

The key is extremist/ radical, the word in front matters not whether it be trans , Muslim ,left wing, right wing or whatever , we have nothing to fear from trans people or Muslims ect , it’s extremists and the totaly selfish that are causing all these problems and division , it must be a bloody scary time for the majority of trans people who as far as I can see are being pushed out into the firing line when in most cases all they want to do and have often done for many years is quietly go about they’re lives , be as happy as they can and not harm any bugger else, im just starting a book by a trans woman that I’ve seen being interviewed a few times ( holiday reading perhaps not for everyone) and am trying to get a better understanding of an issue that has for some reason become a massive divide ( divide and rule ?) in our society today , problem is not too many take or have the time / inclination to seek out info and views to get a balance but rather get buffeted by headlines and snippets that are often misleading or total lies🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied