Derby County V Stevenage Bor.: Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith

35Nelson

5Bradley

6Cashin

24Nyambe

11Smith

8Bird

32Adams

20Elder

2Wilson

11Méndez-Laing

7Barkhuizen

17Sibley

1Wildsmith   6

35Nelson     7

5Bradley      8

6Cashin       7

24Nyambe  6

11Smith       6

8Bird           6

32Adams    8

20Elder       6

2Wilson      6

11Méndez-Laing  6

7Barkhuizen         5

17Sibley.               7

Warne  8  called the team, formation, substitutions very we today against a very competent, strong, physical and well organised opposition with the players available 👏🏻👏🏻🤗🐏

Edited by Keepyuppy

1Wildsmith   7

35Nelson     7

5Bradley      7.5

6Cashin       7

24Nyambe  6.5

11Smith       6.5

8Bird           6.5

32Adams    8

20Elder       6.5

2Wilson      6.5

11Méndez-Laing  6.5

7Barkhuizen         6

17Sibley.               7

48 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith 6

35Nelson 7

5Bradley 7

6Cashin 7

24Nyambe 6.5

11Smith 7

8Bird 7

32Adams 6

20Elder 6

2Wilson 5.5 

11Méndez-Laing 6.5

7Barkhuizen 6

17Sibley

1Wildsmith  7.  Flapped at one cross, but made key reflex save that kept it at 0-0

35Nelson.  7.5.  Solid, as ever.

5Bradley.  8. Best game for Derby.

6Cashin. 8. Warrior against a filthy opponent.

24Nyambe.  7. RWB didn't suit him, but defensively sound as per.

11Smith.  7.  Helped set up goal, got us on the front foot. Who wanted him gone in January?

8Bird.  7.  Struggled for space until Smith arrived, then toughness and class showed.

32Adams. 7.5 Another strong performance.

20Elder.  6.5 defensively sound and always tried to get forward even if end product patchy.

2Wilson.  7.5.  RWB suited him and ran hard at tiring defenders.

11Méndez-Laing. 6.5 Not at his best, but another great assist.

7Barkhuizen. 6.5. Never flinched in a less favoured role.

17Sibley. 7.  Well taken goal and put himself about.

1Wildsmith   6 owes bradley a beer for that clearance

35Nelson     7

5Bradley      8 

6Cashin       7

24Nyambe  6

11Smith       6.5

8Bird           6.5

32Adams    7

20Elder       6

2Wilson      6.5

11Méndez-Laing  7

7Barkhuizen         6

17Sibley.              8.5 very important goal

ATG

Wildsmith.....Flapped at a corner but got away with it. Two decent stops after that..... 6.5

Nelson.....Solid as always..... 7

Bradley.....Headers, goalline clearance, key block. Excellent and MOTM..... 8

Cashin.....Dependable as usual..... 7

Nyambe.....Better as a traditional RB but decent again..... 6.5

Smith.....Superb ball in build up to.goal..... 7

Bird.....Continued his good form with another decent effort..... 6.5

Adams.....Sign him on..... 7.5

Elder.....Reasonable..... 6

Wilson.....Never stopped trying..... 6.5

Méndez-Laing.....Another assist..... 6.5

Barkhuizen.....Big ask playing up top..... 6.5

Sibley.....Excellent instinctive goal..... 7

1Wildsmith                        6.5    One flap one great save otherwise not a lot to do

35Nelson                           7.5    A typical Nelson performance. They shall not pass!!

5Bradley                            8.     Won everything in the air. Best Derby game.

6Cashin                             7.5    Likewise a typical Cashin performance. 

24Nyambe                        6.5    Solid defender but not really a wing back

11Smith                              7       Superb 60 yard pass to NML in build up to the goal

8Bird                                  7       Bought out superb save from their goalkeeper

32Adams                           7       Type of player we have needed in midfield

20Elder                              6       Steady

2Wilson                              7       Came alive down the wing when Smith came on. 

11Méndez-Laing               6.5     Good assist but not on his 'A' game for me today

7Barkhuizen                      6.5     Put in a good shift without creating too much

17Sibley                             7        Great goal. Instinctive reaction from a natural goal scorer. Need to see more from him.

ATG.

Well I for one enjoyed the game and obviously the result. Thought we were lively and energetic throughout but without creating very much and could not really see a goal coming. Without a CF then I guess that's how it is going to be. Well done to the South Stand. Thought you were loud all game and it was great when North and East joined in in those final minutes. Best atmosphere at PP this season by far.

ATG not watched the highlights

1Wildsmith. 6.5 Did fine just didn't have a lot to do

35Nelson 7

5Bradley 7 

6Cashin 7 thought back 3 looked pretty solid so 7 each 

24Nyambe 6 not really a wing back

11Smith 6

8Bird 6

32Adams 7

20Elder 6

2Wilson 6 anonymous for first hour, good for 30 minutes.  I rate him highly but we need to ay to his strengths

11Méndez-Laing 6.5.  Didn't set up to his strengths but came up with the moment of magic again. 

7Barkhuizen 6. 

17Sibley 7 Did ok, worked hard  and scored 

1Wildsmith  7.5 Not faultless, but made a critical save at a critical time. Is it true that he's refused a new contract? Shame if so. I think most fans love him, so that'd disappoint me if I'm honest.

35Nelson.  7.5 This lad's some player. Folk knock our recent recruitment but adding Ryan, Curtis and Sonny to the squad makes us a very hard team to beat, even when the lads up top are not 100% on it. Either him or Ryan got clattered earlydoors. 

5Bradley.  8.0 Warne's patience is now being rewarded. He's backed up a first strong performance, with two even better ones and he was colossal today. Seemed to win most of everything in the air.

6Cashin. 8.0 Love Cash to bits and he would have been comfortably MOTM were it not for Ebou's performance. £10 mill player if we get promoted, which of course, we will.

24Nyambe.  7.0 A slight dip in admittedly high standards, but I think Ryan excels in a back 4 and when we set up that way, he'd start every game for me. Man's an absolute monster in defence, but is not a natural at RWB the way he is at RB.

11Smith.  7.0 Haven't really known what to make of Korey, but I thought he and Sibs provided much of the impetus for the late pressure that brought the goal. Surely a worthwhile squad player at very least, especially with Max leaving.

8Bird.  7.0 Set a stiff task earlydoors with Ebou in a chaotic midfield, his influence increased markedly with more bodies deployed and I'm already pining a bit over his decision to leave, not that I begrudge him one iota.

32Adams. 8.5 Sorry I suggested you'd get booked. I was only joking. Have another MOTM award from me pal, but just for the record, I did lose £20 quid on you today!I'm backing you score next week to recoup those monies, so don't let me down please! 😋

20Elder.  7.0 Solid enough I thought though I'm not convinced he's 100% healthy right now. With so many out though I guess it's all hands to the pump and he was very secure in his work without looking threatening at the other end.

2Wilson.  7.5.  Back in his more natural environment and once the Stevenage orks started to slow, he started to give them serious headaches. Love this lad, he was an excellent signing and he's a player you really don't mind paying to watch.

11Méndez-Laing. 6.5 Looked a tad leggy to me today, but in his defence, he was getting plenty of 'attention'. Still produced a sweetly timed assist for the winning goal then. Other players may be more consistent, but I think this lad's the likely season's MVP. He's been absolutely critical to our success to date.

7Barkhuizen. 6.5 Tough brief today, but gave of his best. He seems a little happier now and that's a good thing as I'd thought he might be wanting away at one point.

17Sibley. 7.5 Nice cameo from Sibbo today and a sweetly taken goal to boot. Has to string some performances together though he does at least still seem up for that fight despite a stop / start season. You certainly can't fault his attitude and I'll not give up on him just yet.

WarneWatch - well you could argue that he took 60 minutes to change things up, or just as easily that this was a smart gameplan well, executed and timed to perfection. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me today and I'm impressed that he's managed to get us winning games like this where for years now, we've just been bullied by the likes of these. Despite my bluster, this was a game I was pretty concerned about, soi I'm delighted to see 3 more points secured. Cheers lads!

1Wildsmith - 7.5 solid and steady except for the mistake that Sonny cleared

35Nelson - 8 solid as always, what a signing he’s been 

5Bradley - 8 looks great whenever he plays yesterday, showed his class on a couple of occasions yesterday. Wins every header. 

6Cashin - 8 Back to his best last few games after a bad spell. 

24Nyambe - 7.5 solid but thought he couldn’t drove with the ball more 

12Smith - 7.5 steady and worked well when he came on. Also a great pass for NML for the goal.

8Bird - 7 was quiet yesterday but was tidy 

32Adams - 8 I love this man 

20Elder - 7.5 has been faultless in these past 2 games 

2Wilson - 7 positive as always 

11Méndez-Laing 7.5 had a poor game, would of gave him 6.5 if it wasn’t for the game changing moment at the end 

7Barkhuizen - 6.5 didn’t do too much 

17Sibley - 8 purely for the goal

20 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith 6 good save 2nd half

35Nelson 7.5 excellent again

5Bradley 8 quite rightly mom

6Cashin 7.5 see Nels

24Nyambe 6.5 defensively sound

11Smith 6.5 made some good tackles, couple of lovely passes

8Bird 7 drove us forward 2nd half

32Adams 7.5 was everywhere 

20Elder 6.5 stuck to his task

2Wilson 7 good attacking threat

11Méndez-Laing 7.5 always a threat

7Barkhuizen 6.5 worked hard

17Sibley 6.5 good finish

atg

ATG

1Wildsmith 6.5……one flap, one wonder save, otherwise not very busy

35Nelson 7.5……..solid…..again

5Bradley 7.5…..another good game….he’s a good player…goal line clearance and great block in 2nd half 

6Cashin 7…..solid…..again

24Nyambe 6…..not a wing back but can see why he was picked……defensively solid but doesn’t bring much going forward 

11Smith 7….really good performance. Changed the game but more to do with PW going for 3 in midfield

8Bird 6….quiet in a 2, better in a 3

32Adams 6…..didn’t think he was great in a 2….looked great in a 3. Infectious interview….top lad

20Elder 6…..ok….didn’t offer much at all going forward but steady enough 

2Wilson 7.5….my MOTM by a whisker. Work rate was phenomenal and was a proper threat when put to wing back

11Méndez-Laing 6.5…..said at half time that I’d rather have NML on the wing putting crosses into a makeshift striker than nobody putting balls in to NML acting as makeshift striker. I’m not claiming to be Nostradamus but his one moment of brilliance on the wing bagged the points

7Barkhuizen 6.5 …did OK. Team player who always gives forward drive.

17Sibley….7……should possibly be our makeshift striker if Gayle signing is vetoed

Tough watch with great outcome. Good job by Warne in the circumstances. Waited until Stevenage’s first 11 of identikit players (all same size, build, physicality) were tired before switching to more attacking formation.

First half was a masterclass in showing the Collins haters what he has brought to the team this season.

1Wildsmith 7.0 I  just feel safer with Wildsmith in the nets. Even when he makes the odd mistake.

35Nelson 7.5

5Bradley 7.5

6Cashin 7.5 

What a solid defensive lineup we have. Enjoy our defending, we're going to see a lot of it in the next few games! 

24Nyambe 7.0 Solid, but not a natural wingback. Helped build the platform for us to go on and take the win.

11Smith 7.5 Not his biggest fan usually, but he looked up for it and out-did Cashin with that raking forward pass.

8Bird 7.0 Needed to play further forward, which we eventually twigged! 

32Adams 8.0 He will be the difference for the rest of the season. Strong, determined and looking to improve

20Elder 6.5 A little off the pace at times, building fitness still but growing in confidence.

2Wilson 7.0 Looked like a fish out of water until he changed position,  then impressed again.

11Méndez-Laing 7.5 not his best game, but likewise changed it up once he was out wide and another assist. 

7Barkhuizen 6.5 Probably the least physically strong of our team, but worked hard.

17Sibley 7.0 Didn't have long to impress, but did so with a well taken winner.

ATG

1Wildsmith 7 - not called into action that much but two bits stand out - a good near post save and a missed punch which rebounded off Nelson's arm and forced Bradley to clear off the line 

35Nelson 7 Just goes about his business with the minimum of fuss

5Bradley 8.5 Excellent performance - that's the player we'd hoped we'd signed. Won headers, clearance off the line, good blocks, more mobile, looked more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

6Cashin 7 just went about his job well 

24Nyambe 6 Great defensively, most certainly not a wing back

11Smith 7 came on and made a real difference, good to have him back

8Bird 6.5 Quiet first half, came to life after Smith came on and was pushed forward

32Adams 7 Quickly becoming a vital part of the team with his energy and willingness to get stuck in

20Elder 6 Again, good defensively but doesn't have a natural attacking instinct so not a wing back

2Wilson 6 Not sure of his role first half, looked better second when switched to RWB

11Méndez-Laing 6.5 Not a game to remember but set up the winner

7Barkhuizen 6 Not a lot came off for him but can't fault his effort

17Sibley 7 A good game for him to come into, great movement and finish to win the game