Paul Warne

Day

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was always puzzled by just how little Anya did for us, fairly nippy versatile wide man who could cover both flanks. Never did anything much then just gave up and collected his wages.......I have a vague memory of someone apparently who knew him saying something on twitter amounting to "you guys have ruined a good player, he doesn't even want to play football anymore"

Didn’t we get the usual “No Brainer “ B.S from Anya . Also he was so not bothered about money that he didn’t even have an Agent . 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Didn’t we get the usual “No Brainer “ B.S from Anya . Also he was so not bothered about money that he didn’t even have an Agent . 

I seem to remember him negotiating his own contract. Obviously, did very well in getting many pounds out of Mr Morris.

I seem to remember him negotiating his own contract. Obviously, did very well in getting many pounds out of Mr Morris.

He seemed pretty committed when I saw him playing for the U23s, but that was before he completely disappeared from sight.

Just now, vonwright said:

My main memory of Aina is being really disappointing with just how average he was. Thought he'd be a lot better, particularly going forward. 

I remember him looking like the only player that knew what he was supposed to be doing against Bristol City away (in which he scored). Then just totally bombed out. Shame really as the Anya that played for Watford was fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I remember him looking like the only player that knew what he was supposed to be doing against Bristol City away (in which he scored). Then just totally bombed out. Shame really as the Anya that played for Watford was fantastic. 

Pretty handy for Scotland as well.

1 hour ago, DB83 said:

Bring back Rosenior!!

Liam Rosenior sacked by Hull for missing out on the play-offs .It is abundantly clear that almost every club in the Championship think that They deserve to be in the Prem. Luton have made it look like you can do it on a shoestring budget. But the majority of teams that make it , have blown between £50 m- £100million .

Paul Warne would've sorted Keogh out/been a puppet of Keogh* and Paul Warne would've got more juice out of Anya/got Anya to take a loan elsewhere/had Anya training with the u23s*

*Delete as appropriate.

PW would have taken one look at Keogh and sussed him as a terrible human and that would have been the end of that methinks.

Anya, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he part of the "Let's pay silly money to sign everyone who Sam Rush's agency represents" strategy?

6 hours ago, nottingram said:

Not his fault we gave him a fat contract then didn’t want to use him 

Could’ve gone out on loan and saved us some wages and yanno actually played football…his job.

Have no time for the parasite.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I didn't think he looked that bad whenever he played. He was really lively in a midweek home game too (maybe Ipswich?).

The most bizarre thing is how he came back into the first-team picture just as we entered Play Off season!

Just now, nottingram said:

Derby gave him an X year contract on £Xk per week. That they chose not to pick him to play football in that time is up to them

But the fact he had no interest in playing football once he got the golden ticket is poor in my opinion. Complete poohouse.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I didn't think he looked that bad whenever he played. He was really lively in a midweek home game too (maybe Ipswich?).

The most bizarre thing is how he came back into the first-team picture just as we entered Play Off season!

I don’t know the ins and outs of it but you’d have to guess that it was something contractual as opposed to him being a bad egg. Maybe if he made a certain amount of appearances we’d have to pay X more money for him or something. A shame either way.