Paul Warne

Day

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Enjoy the ride. 🖤 🤍 🐏

D.C.F.C. Life, Love & Unity.

Clever stuff from warne Anything can happen in div 1 and our wonderful fans should just have fun, enjoy the ride etc …

No, No, no

it’s too far a cry from what he said beginning of the season: failure to achieve promotion in this div this season with this squad is … failure. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Clever stuff from warne Anything can happen in div 1 and our wonderful fans should just have fun, enjoy the ride etc …

No, No, no

it’s too far a cry from what he said beginning of the season: failure to achieve promotion in this div this season with this squad is … failure. 

What would you suggest we do instead?

For me, Warne is absolutely right in his messaging.

We are in a good position but nothing is won and so much can change in 1-2 games, never mind 9.

He would be foolish to over-promise at this point. It’s a tight, topsy turvy race with five teams battling for two places. We’re not 10 points clear, after all.

I think Warne is right to encourage the fans to unite behind the team, fill the ground, and enjoy the ride rather than brace ourselves for potential failure and consume ourselves with the hang ups surrounding the manager.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If we win the next 7 matches and then we only have Cambridge and Carlisle to play, then I would hope Warne would brag we are going up.

I would hope he wouldn’t unless it’s mathematically guaranteed. Even then, I would hope he’d have a bit more class and talk about celebrating at our final home game rather than “brag”.

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:
34 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If we win the next 7 matches and then we only have Cambridge and Carlisle to play, then I would hope Warne would brag we are going up.

I would hope he wouldn’t unless it’s mathematically guaranteed. Even then, I would hope he’d have a bit more class and talk about celebrating at our final home game rather than “brag”.

I am sure if we win the next 7 matches we would be clear of 3rd place team that we could'nt get caught on points. Even if a team in 3rd spot could match our points total, having won 7 on the bounce our goal difference would be out of their range.

The PP fans have tried to make the difference at every match, but mostly because of the tactics the difference didn’t happen, and at times the sound from the fans said that we had given up the will to live.

Regardless, all we can do tomorrow night is turn up and launch another wall of sound while the players so their bit to keep it going right to the end.

Play like we did on Saturday and Reading will walk off the pitch needing hearing aids!

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I am sure if we win the next 7 matches we would be clear of 3rd place team that we could'nt get caught on points. Even if a team in 3rd spot could match our points total, having won 7 on the bounce our goal difference would be out of their range.

I am confident (but not sure. How can you possibly be sure?) hence why I said “unless it’s mathematically certain” but, there are various scenarios whereby we could be going into the last two games with it all still to play for even if we won our next seven. Imagine if Barnsley and Peterborough both won all of their games prior to the last two. They’d only be 2 and 1 points behind. They may be unlikely scenarios but are they any less likely than Derby winning every game? Even if Portsmouth lost against us, Peterborough and Barnsley but won all their others they’d only be 3 points behind. 

Essentially, don’t celebrate too soon. 

10 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Don't put the blame on the fans and look at your crap tactics you clown.

I love this comment for so many reasons. Not least because Warne isn't blaming anyone, he's just encouraging fans saying we can make a difference when the team's struggling on the pitch. It's amazing you've taken a positive message and managed to perform the necessary mental gymnastics to see it as a negative... AND THEN gone scorched earth and gone hell for leather with the insults. Brilliant! 😂

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I love this comment for so many reasons. Not least because Warne isn't blaming anyone, he's just encouraging fans saying we can make a difference when the team's struggling on the pitch. It's amazing you've taken a positive message and managed to perform the necessary mental gymnastics to see it as a negative... AND THEN gone scorched earth and gone hell for leather with the insults. Brilliant! 😂

Your analysis has fallen at the first hurdle. For the mental gymnastics to occur, he would have had to have actually listened to what he said... which he clearly hasn't.

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Be as miserable as Kevin and take no joy from life.

See my response to Crewton. I love to see him get the best out of the squad - as he did against Bristol - and I love to see our better footballers excel. (For some reason he regularly decides not to play them.)  But our form has been erratic most of the season, even during the winning streak. If he doesn’t find consistency in the run in, then we’re in the play offs and he’ll find himself up against sharper tacticians. 

I liked Warne’s plea for support when things are not going well and the team certainly has mine. What I don’t like is him preparing the ground for disappointment and implying it would not be failure