Paul Warne

Day

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Wow. That’s a massive bombshell you’ve just dropped on the forum.

I’d even suggest it’s a tad destabilising for such a revelation to be leaked via such a public forum as this and either your contact shouldn’t have told you or should have sworn you to secrecy. 

Or it's just completely made up.  

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

If you’re in the South stand they should be brand new.

Sorry, off topic, but just to reply to this, looking at the  Bristol Rovers forum, it sounds like the facilities in the new stand are no better than when they had the tent! Because they can't actually fit any facilities under the stand! We shall see.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

From what I’m told, Clowes absolutely loves Warne and wouldn’t sack him within the term of his contract, no matter what happens. HOWEVER… he’s about the only one at the club who feels that way. Many other senior figures lost faith in him long ago. In fact, I was told the other day that Warne is likely to resign at the end of this season irrespective of promotion, such is the strain of those other relationships.

We don’t have any other senior figures do we? 😂

35 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

We don’t have any other senior figures do we? 😂

Maybe those other mad rumours about mel are true,,, he would have got away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky kids 🐶

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I mean I’m a random guy on a football forum, I doubt anyone will believe me, and nor should they probably. Just adding to the conversation around whether Warne will stay or go.

It’s not like he’s told anyone he’s definitely leaving btw, just the impression someone I know has links within the club has about his future. Nobody knows what will happen at the end of the season yet, so to be honest It’s probably not even worth discussing at this point in time. 

Well you’ve toned that down significantly from your first post. Sounds more like idle tittle tattle that I’ll file under “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I believe so yes, not name dropped but there’s certainly indications that the signings of Washington and Bradley in particularly were essentially “forced” through by Warne, even though others had their reservations. Think the way those signings have turned out won’t have done Warne any favours in the regard. 

In my opinion - Bradley is starting to find some decent form after a sloppy start. Washington was definitely finding form and if I remember got injured playing for his country. So I doubt they would be an issue. 

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Not sure - apart from before home games when he seems to really like Steve Bloomer's Watching - he doesnt seem overly enamoured with us/the club but he perhaps hides it well 

I don’t know if you’re being serious or not. If you are then taking into account what seems to be his mantra “there are more important things in life than football” and “not getting too excited if his team wins (until they’ve actually won something) or too down if they lose”, I can’t say that I’ve noticed anything that would lead you to that conclusion.

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Have our expectations as a club been eroded so significantly that we should now consider playing at the top end of League One as acceptable?

Not for me, not a chance. Aim high.

I was asking the question. For those of us attending the games, home and away, I would rather see us being competitive than getting tanked every week. 

If it takes us a season or two more so we can build a team to go up like Ipswich with a fighting chance, then so be it.

Look at Plymouth and how they are now struggling after their bright start.

The pundits' take on here is that Warne can't manage in the Championship. Plus we've half our players out of contract again.

There isn't a magic money tree that will fix all that.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well you’ve toned that down significantly from your first post. Sounds more like idle tittle tattle that I’ll file under “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

I had a dream last night , Paul warne was standing in a bathroom with a towel at the ready as Bobby Ewing stepped from the shower , make of it what you will 🤷🏻‍♂️

Warne will sign a two year extension in the summer if we get promoted.

He doesn’t like the fans, but he loves having picnics at Elvaston Castle and a curry on London Road.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

From what I’m told, Clowes absolutely loves Warne and wouldn’t sack him within the term of his contract, no matter what happens. HOWEVER… he’s about the only one at the club who feels that way. Many other senior figures lost faith in him long ago. In fact, I was told the other day that Warne is likely to resign at the end of this season irrespective of promotion, such is the strain of those other relationships.

I believe so yes, not name dropped but there’s certainly indications that the signings of Washington and Bradley in particularly were essentially “forced” through by Warne, even though others had their reservations. Think the way those signings have turned out won’t have done Warne any favours in the regard. 

I mean I’m a random guy on a football forum, I doubt anyone will believe me, and nor should they probably. Just adding to the conversation around whether Warne will stay or go.

It’s not like he’s told anyone he’s definitely leaving btw, just the impression someone I know has links within the club has about his future. Nobody knows what will happen at the end of the season yet, so to be honest It’s probably not even worth discussing at this point in time. 

d38b2c41946904b2da2eb669a558a93c.gif

51 minutes ago, Archied said:

I had a dream last night , Paul warne was standing in a bathroom with a towel at the ready as Bobby Ewing stepped from the shower , make of it what you will 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would you like to talk?????

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Your mum has quite the imagination, doesn't she?

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

giphy.gif