Paul Warne

Day

7 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Still waiting for all those positives - that aren't about us being 2nd just because we happen to have played more games than others.

You forget to switch accounts, youth?

Slept on it and still can’t get over how poor we were last night! Absolutely toothless going forward and it’s got to be the worst football I’ve ever seen following Derby! We seem to make every game a scrap and I see no pattern of play evolving over the 1 1/2 years Warnes been in charge. 

There have been numerous times this season where we’ve literally had under 5 shots in target and managed to pull a win out of nowhere. It now seems like the luck has ran out, and Warne is showing his true managerial capabilities. 

I’m a massive fan of David Clowes’s. But the ideology of employing people who align with the principles of his real estate business in the football world worries me, and makes me think that Paul Warne is here for the duration of his contract. 

45 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

The strange thing is... I've not got much of an issue with his recruitment! I used to do a bit of scouting and Wilson, Nelson, Bradley, Elder, Fornah, Nyambe... these are all players that would have been on my list for L1 (okay... less said about the forward signings, the better!). It's just the way Warne sets us up that annoys me... we're second in the league, but we should be playing a lot, lot better. When was the last time we actually dominated a team and why aren't we doing it more often?

I never did any scouting, the cubs put me off with the bob a job (exploitation)

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Slept on it and still can’t get over how poor we were last night! Absolutely toothless going forward and it’s got to be the worst football I’ve ever seen following Derby! We seem to make every game a scrap and I see no pattern of play evolving over the 1 1/2 years Warnes been in charge. 

There have been numerous times this season where we’ve literally had under 5 shots in target and managed to pull a win out of nowhere. It now seems like the luck has ran out, and Warne is showing his true managerial capabilities. 

I’m a massive fan of David Clowes’s. But the ideology of employing people who align with the principles of his real estate business in the football world worries me, and makes me think that Paul Warne is here for the duration of his contract. 

Clowes is also a fan and won’t be enjoying what he is seeing…

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Clowes is also a fan and won’t be enjoying what he is seeing…

He seems to admire the do a job type managers over flair, maybe he thinks keeping it basic is a better strategy for success. He was probably one of the fans that thought we should have gone for Big Sam or Warnock a few years ago.

Edit: Take a look at Ipswich, young manager playing good football, played their way out of L1. We had a young up and coming coach playing decent footy, let him go for this style. What does that tell you.

Edited by tomsdubs

12 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

What exactly are the "principles of his real estate business"?

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

He seems to admire the do a job type managers over flair, maybe he thinks keeping it basic is a better strategy for success. He was probably one of the fans that thought we should have gone for Big Sam or Warnock a few years ago.

Edit: Take a look at Ipswich, young manager playing good football, played their way out of L1. We had a young up and coming coach playing decent footy, let him go for this style. What does that tell you.

I don’t need telling 😉

44 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Nice try fella, Derby fan that goes to Belper, It's a better day out, But you keep cheerleading if it makes you feel better 🙄

And you post untrue statistics about attendances while not actually attending if it makes you feel better.😉

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

🤣 have you seen the injury list this season?

I refer again to a Rotherham fan who came on this forum asking how things were, and if we were experiencing lots of injuries, especially during training. How did he know? As you say, if our fitness has improved, we shouldn't be getting loads and loads of injuries, but there seem more now than there were last season. I know it doesn't help when you actually recruit injured players, but surely there is something wrong with what the coaching staff are actually doing with the players.

45 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Based on recent performances it's clear that we are letting a promotion opportunity slip through our fingers. Not being negative, just realistic and I hope I'm wrong, but our record in the play offs is not good at all.

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Based on recent performances it's clear that we are letting a promotion opportunity slip through our fingers. Not being negative, just realistic and I hope I'm wrong, but our record in the play offs is not good at all.

What's worse, our fingers are wide apart, making no attempt at stopping the opportunity from disappearing. The only reason for renewing my season ticket is that if we do get promoted the ticket will be at a remarkably good price for championship football. We would see some from whichever team was thrashing us at the time!

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

No, I think it’s important to be realistic with where we are, what restrictions we have been under, how long down the line into the rebuild we are, and what we can realistically deliver with this squad week in, week out.

We’re in a position where trade offs are always likely. The irony is if we played entertaining football and were integrating the youngsters but were 10th, in its own way it would be derided. Warne and Clowes can’t really win.

I think it’s a case of recency bias that you want to suggest this brand of football is worse than what came before. It really isn’t. The fact you want to call Rooney’s football ‘compelling’ tells me that you are very entrenched here.

you keep saying about the restrictions affecting us but the fact is, we have the strongest squad and the highest wage bill in the league. Whether we're in a rebuild or not doesn't matter, we have the players needed right now.

why do you seem convinced that entertaining football and a high league position can't go together. why do you always see it as a trade off?

Is it not a case of recency bias that you see this football not being worse? Rooney's first 6 months were bad, but the season after that was actually pretty decent. I saw Rooney address this in a recent interveiw he did, saying that his first six months at derby were all about adapting to the opposition just to survive that season. Then the next season he worked on an identity and a way of playing because in his words 'adapting to the opposition every week is just not sustainable'. This is exactly what warne is doing right now by changing formation every game and never trying to control match's.

18 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I refer again to a Rotherham fan who came on this forum asking how things were, and if we were experiencing lots of injuries, especially during training. How did he know? As you say, if our fitness has improved, we shouldn't be getting loads and loads of injuries, but there seem more now than there were last season. I know it doesn't help when you actually recruit injured players, but surely there is something wrong with what the coaching staff are actually doing with the players.

the way of playing doesn't help either, lots of sprinting, chasing the ball, lack of control and therefore hard to conserve energy