Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 06/06/2024 at 10:48, Reggie Greenwood said:
On 04/05/2024 at 11:17, jimtastic56 said:

Could have got Ollie Watkins from Exeter for £3.5 mill in the same window , but Mel said it was a rip-off. Beilik will be on nearly the £35 k a week we were giving him as he was a transfer market FREEBIE .

The Ollie Watkins truth from the Beeb website today. 

His form led to interest from Brentford - with Smith having moved to the Bees - and Derby.

"We were offered a lot of money by Derby in January (2017)," said Tisdale. "The Derby model was the opposite of what Ollie needed, a lot of process, passing and possession. I could have seen Ollie grinding to a halt. 

"They didn't undervalue him, it was the kind of money we'd have accepted, but we turned it down

Watkins went to Brentford for £1.8m in July, it was Steve Mac that wanted Ollie but he got the sack in March. Replaced by Gary Rowett, the deal was still on the cards but Rowett thought the price was too much. The approach by McClaren was made in the January, I had a workmate who's step-son was with Exeter City at the time and was big buddies with Ollie. The phone call to Ollie happened in the step-son's car when Ollie was sat in the back getting a lift back to Newton Abbot where he lived after playing for Exeter on that Saturday.

Back in 2017 I told of this incident on here and quite a few other members poo pooed it at the time. The step-son was 2nd choice left back with Exeter at the time and never made it with the club and now plays non league football.

13 minutes ago, LucaHames said:

Anyone heard anything on baptiste ? Was at Oxford few years ago and available on a free. Think he’d be class next to Ebou 

Welcome to the forum, Luca.

This is a good shout and our own Mark Thomas brought the lad to Oxford, prior to him joining Brentford. 

15 minutes ago, inter politics said:

So who are we getting so far?! Keeper (Rodak/Iversen), Osborne, Ebou, Sheehan, Clark, Teitur, Murphy, Mubamba?

And who, from that list, is getting the goals we need?

42 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

And who, from that list, is getting the goals we need?

If we was to sign Mubamba surley we must hope he would play a role in getting a few goals?

I’d be tempted to see if we could get Brandon Aguilera on a permanent deal from Forest. He strikes me as a player with a very high ceiling and the sheer amount of bodies at Forest means he’ll struggle to get a proper look-in. 

Probably more of a developmental player, but he does look like he could eventually make something of himself. 

On 09/06/2024 at 22:39, Ambitious said:

I’d be tempted to see if we could get Brandon Aguilera on a permanent deal from Forest. He strikes me as a player with a very high ceiling and the sheer amount of bodies at Forest means he’ll struggle to get a proper look-in. 

Probably more of a developmental player, but he does look like he could eventually make something of himself. 

and help them out of their PSR black hole? no thanks! *

*tongue firmly in cheek

We know Warne went to Denmark to watch a player and I wouldn't bet against them having a British connection (place of birth, citizenship). The only players I found are:
Nathan Trott (GK)
Bailey Peacock-Farell (GK)
Scott McKenna (CB)
Tyrese Francois (CM)

Trott is linked with a £1m move and Peacock-Farell is awful. McKenna (Forest) and Francois (Fulham) are both available on frees. Out of these, my money would be on McKenna. The convience of not having to move home would be a factor. He'd be an upgrade on Bradey in the middle of our defence.

Others to have played in Britain and available on frees are:
Filip Helander (CB) - Rangers 2019-2023
Raul Albentosa (CB) - Derby 2015-2016
Tom Trybull (CM) - Norwich 2017-2021, Blackburn 2020-2021, Blackpool 2023

I can't see it being any of these, as they're all past their best and have a record of injuries

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Been told that keeper is signed as is a midfielder. As others have suggested waiting for kit announcement, no firm date on that. Interviews have been done. Will be interesting listening to them if there’s any clue when they were done. As always time will tell. 

One camp says the the keeper is Rodak, the other camp says the keeper is Iversen, thankfully Mick Camp says it aint Lee 😆

Midfielder most likely Ebou. 

Someone else just told me that Osborne is likely to sign...I will believe that when I see it.

Josh Murphy would be a good signing and the more I look into Scott McKenna, i think he could be a great signing.  Great age, solid defender.  Him alongside Curtis Nelson and potentially Cashin...not too shabby.

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Been told that keeper is signed as is a midfielder. As others have suggested waiting for kit announcement, no firm date on that. Interviews have been done. Will be interesting listening to them if there’s any clue when they were done. As always time will tell. 

I wonder who that might be?

A lot of noise going around at the moment that it's Rodak and Murphy.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

One camp says the the keeper is Rodak, the other camp says the keeper is Iversen, thankfully Mick Camp says it aint Lee 😆

Midfielder most likely Ebou. 

Someone else just told me that Osborne is likely to sign...I will believe that when I see it.

Josh Murphy would be a good signing and the more I look into Scott McKenna, i think he could be a great signing.  Great age, solid defender.  Him alongside Curtis Nelson and potentially Cashin...not too shabby.

Told contracts are 2 and 3 year. Not sure which way round or what you can read into it other than possibly age.