Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

15 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

Ben Osborn has said he's not a derby fan any more and even made his dad who was a diehard ram turn into a neutral during his time with forest. No thanks.

"The majority of my mates are Derby fans. I came through the ranks at Forest and grew to dislike them a little but it's a strange one.

"It doesn't mean as much as it once did but I've always enjoyed playing there. I know where my mates sit in the ground.

"My dad was a diehard Derby fan his whole life and ended up watching me for Forest, so his love for Derby went away a little to the point now he has no affiliation for them and just follows me. I've sort of ruined it for the whole family really. They don't know who to support now!"

To Spondon, everyone!

crowd riot GIF

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Joe White at Newcastle would fit the bill as a talented youngster who needs game time.

21yo attacking midfielder with a great pass on him.

nb I missed the p off pass first time round and am really glad I didn’t press send 😊

He went to Exeter and was crap, couldn't get in the squad and that's when they had Jevani Brown sat out the team who they built the squad around. Probably not a great signing

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Anthony Evans on a free from Bristol Rovers. Think he’s the sort of energetic central midfielder we could do with. Free, too. 

Be great to get him on a free except he’s still under contract at Bristol Rovers

21 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Really?!

Vickers 28. Nelson 31. Bradley 32

Ward 28 Elder 29 Forsyth 35

Barhuizen 30 NML 32. Washington 32

Out of that list the only "leaders" are Nelson and Bradley, imo we need one in CM.

56 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

His Dad Alan was on our books but never played for the first team before he had a very decent career with the Crazy Gang at Wimbledon FC

Alan went to Shelton Lock school. We had both him and Mickey Quinn on our books at the same time (briefly) when we were starting to struggle in the old Division 1, 1978. By the time we were in the relegation zone in 1979, they'd both been released under Tommy Docherty.

17 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The versatility is huge benefit - an upgrade on Korey Smith in a similar type of role. I think he's a player who Warne would like to work with as well, so it potentially could happen. 

He has been playing LB/LWB more recently too which is obviously a benefit for us - especially if Sibs leaves for pastures new. 

I agree. He for me would be a upgrade on Korey Smith and has only this season played Premiership football. His connection to the city will help us attract him to the club which we may otherwise not be able to do.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Rather have the winger from Oxford…

Not sure why. Or if the two signings are even related.

Couple players released from Luton I’d take.
Fred Onyedinma (27) championship standard and plays left or right wing or wing back aswell as central midfield. Prime age and for all you haters he’s also played for Rotherham, but not when Warne was there. Played 8 prem games this season but was only there for a few months after his loan. 

Luke Berry (31) some experience in midfield then. He’s creative and can grab a goal. Been at Luton since 2017 and has played from league 2 to prem. This season he played 17 prem games getting 2 goals and an assist.

1 hour ago, cool_as_custard said:

His Dad Alan was on our books but never played for the first team before he had a very decent career with the Crazy Gang at Wimbledon FC

... and his Uncle, Dominic, played cricket for Derbyshire.

Maybe...

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Ivan Sunjic has been released by Birmingham. Position of need and I've always considered him a Championship-quality player.

I think he’d do well in a Warne team, but think we’d probably go younger and cheaper. 

17 hours ago, bimmerman said:

He went to Exeter and was crap, couldn't get in the squad and that's when they had Jevani Brown sat out the team who they built the squad around. Probably not a great signing

He ran rings around our midfield when Crewe knocked us out the cup… he looked brilliant on that game. An incredibly small sample but he looked better than anything we had in the middle that game. 

Wonder why it didn’t work out at Exeter