Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

34 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Could it be that most of the strikers in Denmark will be b******* .  I've seen a lot of shots on target and a lot aren't very good.  I'd imagine the average striker in Denmarks top division is about League 1 standard. 

It’s relative, obviously, so better strikers tend to put their chances away. No doubt. You can directly compare him to a well-known goalkeeper who has played most of his career at Championship level in Bailey Peacock-Farrell who is also out there on loan from Burnley who has a goal prevention of -1.3. The median for the goalkeepers within the same league is 3, which is high probably due to the poor quality of striker, but is still nowhere near comparable with the 16.2 Trott posted last season. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Alan Browne (29) CM likely to be available on a free from PNE. Would be another solid champ signing

Not sure what the contract looks like, but he’s been offered the biggest deal ever in Preston’s history - larger than what both Sheff Utd and Coventry have offered. 

I’ve got to guess it’s going to be in excess of £35-40k a week. All the will in the world, well beyond what we’re going to be offering. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Not sure what the contract looks like, but he’s been offered the biggest deal ever in Preston’s history - larger than what both Sheff Utd and Coventry have offered. 

I’ve got to guess it’s going to be in excess of £35-40k a week. All the will in the world, well beyond what we’re going to be offering. 

fair enough. I saw he's likely to turn his PNE offer down and leave on a free. Had no clue what he was on

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

fair enough. I saw he's likely to turn his PNE offer down and leave on a free. Had no clue what he was on

Yeah, they’ve thrown money at him in the hope he would stay. The family that own Preston have thrown money at the club recently, relatively large wages to what they have been ordinarily paying, but there is huge tensions within the club. A quick look at their forum paints a picture of manic depressives who live to s*** on the club they support. I’ve not really seen anything like it, honestly. I can see why Browne wants out that environment even if the money is good, but it’s partly been thrown at him to avoid even larger tensions, hence why I think they’ve made it public about being the biggest contract offered in the club’s history. 

44 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Alan Browne (29) CM likely to be available on a free from PNE. Would be another solid champ signing

I'd heard he may be Boro or Coventry bound.  I seem to recall he was more of a physical player than fleet of foot and creator or scorer of goals.  An option over Adams if Cardiff won't budge or someone else pays what they want.  Wages would be considerable I'd think if were up against a couple of clubs with a better chance of promotion. So Adams overall may be cheaper with a fee over 3 years.  We are in a league now where free agents will want very good wages if there good enough to still play at this level to a standard of midtable or above.  We need some though to help the rest. 

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sheff Utd were that desperate for cash last championship campaign they refused to thaw out the training pitch leading to a nasty injury to one of their better players.  Think they had a pointless embargo for unpaid transfers fess as well.  Even on promotion they flogged their two best players.  I can't really see tham paying that.  Coventry were flush last season after a large cash in on a player but are they still in that wage market this time around .?  Don't know.  Thats a big old wage. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It’s relative, obviously, so better strikers tend to put their chances away. No doubt. You can directly compare him to a well-known goalkeeper who has played most of his career at Championship level in Bailey Peacock-Farrell who is also out there on loan from Burnley who has a goal prevention of -1.3. The median for the goalkeepers within the same league is 3, which is high probably due to the poor quality of striker, but is still nowhere near comparable with the 16.2 Trott posted last season. 

Some interesting comments here

https://mobile.westhamonline.co.uk/forum_flat.php?10176026|a0_a0_a0

He just looks like one of those keepers you hate to face

Edited by Ghost of Clough

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

There is not a cat in hells chance that Preston will be paying £35k to £40k a week.

PNEs total wage bill is £20m with 115 members of staff.

Just a glance through Google and the range of his suggested wages are in the range of £10k to £19k per week.