Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd have Maghoma on loan. Been poor today but has stood out across the whole season.

Yep he’s good, got a knock in minute 1 here today and now being taken off cause of that same injury so was obviously playing through pain. Brentford would definitely let him go especially after giving Josh Dasilva a new contract.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yep he’s good, got a knock in minute 1 here today and now being taken off cause of that same injury so was obviously playing through pain. Brentford would definitely let him go especially after giving Josh Dasilva a new contract.

Sheehan hasn’t impressed, neither has Ogbeta. Oxford’s midfield has been dominant.

Bolton have been desperately poor. Don’t know why they insist on playing it out from the back when none of the defence are capable and the midfield isn’t looking for the ball. Santos hasn’t made a forward pass. Not clear how they finished third based on this, no quality on show today. This will be the end of Evatt.

Not one Bolton player I’d want. Brannigan and the centre half look decent, and I like a forward like Murphy with pace and movement.

1 minute ago, Matchday Fred said:

Bolton have been desperately poor. Don’t know why they insist on playing it out from the back when none of the defence are capable and the midfield isn’t looking for the ball. Santos hasn’t made a forward pass. Not clear how they finished third based on this, no quality on show today. This will be the end of Evatt.

Not one Bolton player I’d want. Brannigan and the centre half look decent, and I like a forward like Murphy with pace and movement.

Bolton have been decent all season….one bad game doesn’t change that.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bolton have been decent all season….one bad game doesn’t change that.

Indeed, they finished third in the table and played some good football along the way, it was no fluke. 
Maybe the occasion has got to them today, one game too far type thing, as well as credit to Oxford for their performance and game management. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Indeed, they finished third in the table and played some good football along the way, it was no fluke. 
Maybe the occasion has got to them today, one game too far type thing, as well as credit to Oxford for their performance and game management. 

They have been on a downward trend the last 5 weeks or so tbh, thats why we finished 5 points ahead and didnt have to pip them by GD or a point or 2 at one point we would have needed more like 94 points for 2nd.

After realising that Tyrese Campbell is the son of Kevin Campbell, and with us being linked to Devante Cole, Josh Windass, and Charlie Savage, it occurred to me that our new transfer policy is obvious: the children of 90's and 2000's UK footballers who Paul Warne & Richie Barker remember. So here's a list of suggestions.

GK - True Grant - Man City, 18, son of Lee Grant. Derby County link there already - terrible name, but we'll sign him when Man City get relegated to the National League North.

RB/CB - Finn Delap - Burton, 18, son of Rory. Sign Finn up first and Liam will follow.

CB - Charlie Cresswell - Leeds, 21, son of mediocre journeyman striker, Richard Cresswell. Was on loan at Millwall last season and they rated him. Recently crashed his car into police car outside Elland Road, so possibly a b*llend.

CB - Caleb Taylor - WBA, 21, son of Martin Taylor (not that one, the brute from Birmingham). Did well on loan at Cheltenham last season, played nearly 50 games. Loaned to Bolton this Feb but barely played. Contract expires next summer.

DM/CM - Jensen Weir - Brighton, 22, son of David Weir. Rated when on loan at Blackpool but game time was limited so cut it short. Played a lot on loan at Port Vale, who were bloody awful. He is soon-to-be free though.

CM - Charlie Savage - Reading, 20, son of Robbie Savage. More technical than his Dad, plus he doesn't have that stupid bloody hair. Reading have no money, so a god shout.

CM - Bobby Clark - 20, Liverpool, son of Lee Clark. We're also being linked to him! He'd be a great loan by all accounts.

CM - Donovan Lescott - 20, just released by Blackpool, son of Joleon. Probably rubbish.

CM - Jack & Tyler Fletcher - Man Utd, 17, twin sons of Darren Fletcher. Both handy centre mids, possibly we'd get a 2-4-1 deal on a loan.

AM/RW - Stan Mills - Everton, 20, son of Danny Mills. Did well on loan at Oxford than knacked his knee. Could be a good loan when he's fit. Probably hears lots of great stories from when his Dad played 2 games for Derby.

AM - Elliot Lee - Wrexham, 29, son of Rob Lee. Another Derby link, smashed it in L2 with 16 goals from midfield. We probably can't afford him though, and he's nearly 30.

AM - Josh Windass - Sheff Weds, 30, son of Bradford and Hull legend, Dean Windass. Scored 6 in the Championship for a crap Wednesday side. A bit old but possibly available on a free, let's see.

RW - D'Margio Wright-Phillips - Stoke, 20, son of Shaun. Soon to be a free agent, but did well on loan in Belgium at Beerschot, a name which makes me thirsty.

CF - George Hirst - Ipswich, 25, son of David Hirst. Did well in the Championship this season but could easily get replaced, let's see. Seem to remember he was a big-time prat when leaving Sheff Weds.

CF - Tyrese Campbell - free, 23, son of Kevin Campbell. Didn't really score for Stoke, but they are an awful, cursed club and couldn't get a tune out of Dwight Gayle either.

CF - Devante Cole - free, 29, son of Andy Cole. Two good seasons at Barnsley so worth a punt on a free.

1 hour ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

After realising that Tyrese Campbell is the son of Kevin Campbell, and with us being linked to Devante Cole, Josh Windass, and Charlie Savage, it occurred to me that our new transfer policy is obvious: the children of 90's and 2000's UK footballers who Paul Warne & Richie Barker remember. So here's a list of suggestions.

GK - True Grant - Man City, 18, son of Lee Grant. Derby County link there already - terrible name, but we'll sign him when Man City get relegated to the National League North.

RB/CB - Finn Delap - Burton, 18, son of Rory. Sign Finn up first and Liam will follow.

CB - Charlie Cresswell - Leeds, 21, son of mediocre journeyman striker, Richard Cresswell. Was on loan at Millwall last season and they rated him. Recently crashed his car into police car outside Elland Road, so possibly a b*llend.

CB - Caleb Taylor - WBA, 21, son of Martin Taylor (not that one, the brute from Birmingham). Did well on loan at Cheltenham last season, played nearly 50 games. Loaned to Bolton this Feb but barely played. Contract expires next summer.

DM/CM - Jensen Weir - Brighton, 22, son of David Weir. Rated when on loan at Blackpool but game time was limited so cut it short. Played a lot on loan at Port Vale, who were bloody awful. He is soon-to-be free though.

CM - Charlie Savage - Reading, 20, son of Robbie Savage. More technical than his Dad, plus he doesn't have that stupid bloody hair. Reading have no money, so a god shout.

CM - Bobby Clark - 20, Liverpool, son of Lee Clark. We're also being linked to him! He'd be a great loan by all accounts.

CM - Donovan Lescott - 20, just released by Blackpool, son of Joleon. Probably rubbish.

CM - Jack & Tyler Fletcher - Man Utd, 17, twin sons of Darren Fletcher. Both handy centre mids, possibly we'd get a 2-4-1 deal on a loan.

AM/RW - Stan Mills - Everton, 20, son of Danny Mills. Did well on loan at Oxford than knacked his knee. Could be a good loan when he's fit. Probably hears lots of great stories from when his Dad played 2 games for Derby.

AM - Elliot Lee - Wrexham, 29, son of Rob Lee. Another Derby link, smashed it in L2 with 16 goals from midfield. We probably can't afford him though, and he's nearly 30.

AM - Josh Windass - Sheff Weds, 30, son of Bradford and Hull legend, Dean Windass. Scored 6 in the Championship for a crap Wednesday side. A bit old but possibly available on a free, let's see.

RW - D'Margio Wright-Phillips - Stoke, 20, son of Shaun. Soon to be a free agent, but did well on loan in Belgium at Beerschot, a name which makes me thirsty.

CF - George Hirst - Ipswich, 25, son of David Hirst. Did well in the Championship this season but could easily get replaced, let's see. Seem to remember he was a big-time prat when leaving Sheff Weds.

CF - Tyrese Campbell - free, 23, son of Kevin Campbell. Didn't really score for Stoke, but they are an awful, cursed club and couldn't get a tune out of Dwight Gayle either.

CF - Devante Cole - free, 29, son of Andy Cole. Two good seasons at Barnsley so worth a punt on a free.

I'll add a bit of international flavour to that post:

CM - Markus Poom - 25 yo son of the great Mart Poom, Estonian international currently on loan at Shamrock Rovers. Born in Derby no less 

AM - Onni Valakari - 24 yo son of Simon Valakari, highly rated Finnish international plays for FC Pafos in Cyprus. 

CM - Emil Bohinen - 25 yo son of Lars Bohinen, currently on loan at Genoa from Salernitana and another Derby born lad.

Must be some more I've missed?

1 hour ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

I'll add a bit of international flavour to that post:

CM - Markus Poom - 25 yo son of the great Mart Poom, Estonian international currently on loan at Shamrock Rovers. Born in Derby no less 

AM - Onni Valakari - 24 yo son of Simon Valakari, highly rated Finnish international plays for FC Pafos in Cyprus. 

CM - Emil Bohinen - 25 yo son of Lars Bohinen, currently on loan at Genoa from Salernitana and another Derby born lad.

Must be some more I've missed?

Preston brought on two brothers with the surname Mawene in the last game of the season. I am presuming but some of Youl?