Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For the Danish league I looked at teams who win the ball high up and are slightly more direct to think of who Warne could be going to watch. Hvidovre and Viborg rank 4th and 5th in that metric and played eachother yesterday. I wonder if Warne and his staff were there to watch. 

A stand out player for me after looking at the squads is Anosike Ementa. He has 10 goals and 4 assists in 31 games this season. Hes 22 years old and stands at 6 foot 6. He has 2 years left on his contract but I don’t think would cost crazy money. 

He works very hard and to show that he beats Collins for both possession won in the final 3rd per 90 and interceptions per 90. 

He also has only missed 5 big chances all season which would tell me he’s decent at finishing aswell. His chance creation is also high for a striker. Cant see why Warne wouldn’t love him.

I know every player looks good on highlights but this video shows what he’s about and that he’s not just a big lad he seems good with the ball at feet and quite the athlete.

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Anyone think ebiowei could be worth a loan? Not seemed to go too well since leaving us, had tons of talent though. Love to see him again personally.

No. He jumped ship after being a nomad for a couple of years and getting a chance to play regularly.  Plus Palace haven't even paid for him yet after 2 years.  What the hell is all that about.

16 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For the Danish league I looked at teams who win the ball high up and are slightly more direct to think of who Warne could be going to watch. Hvidovre and Viborg rank 4th and 5th in that metric and played eachother yesterday. I wonder if Warne and his staff were there to watch. 

A stand out player for me after looking at the squads is Anosike Ementa. He has 10 goals and 4 assists in 31 games this season. Hes 22 years old and stands at 6 foot 6. He has 2 years left on his contract but I don’t think would cost crazy money. 

He works very hard and to show that he beats Collins for both possession won in the final 3rd per 90 and interceptions per 90. 

He also has only missed 5 big chances all season which would tell me he’s decent at finishing aswell. His chance creation is also high for a striker. Cant see why Warne wouldn’t love him.

Good shout but what makes you think he wouldn't cost much? The last striker they sold was Grot, who had had a great season when sold but overall their stats are roughly similar in goal in every three games. They got almost two million selling Rot and I can't see them asking much less for Ementa, therefore I'd think he is out of our price range.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it. Whoever we are after, I fully expect him to be a free transfer. The Danish market isn't cheap.

13 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Good shout but what makes you think he wouldn't cost much? The last striker they sold was Grot, who had had a great season when sold but overall their stats are roughly similar in goal in every three games. They got almost two million selling Rot and I can't see them asking much less for Ementa, therefore I'd think he is out of our price range.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it. Whoever we are after, I fully expect him to be a free transfer. The Danish market isn't cheap.

Lots of reports saying he’s allowed leave for around 1 million, I think we might spend around 2-3 million on a couple core players then the rest frees and loans. 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Not being negative, but my advice would be not to put too many eggs in the free agency basket.

It really surprises me that more footballers aren’t more dedicated to seeing their contracts out and going on frees. Bird would’ve have a better choice than Bristol City had he just seen it out, for sure, probably earning a lot more than he’s signed up for too.  

It’s risk v reward isn’t it? 
Do you sign this improved and guaranteed contract which will limit your possible destinations when you move or do you see your contract out hoping to get a better deal at a bigger club? The risk being that one instance of your studs sticking in the grass when you twist and your ligaments are knackered and you’re out for 8-10 months. 

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bizarre comment. Clearly the teams he's with think he can't play that level anymore and has only been used sparingly by Anderlecht this season. There is much more money to be had in the English leagues than across the continent. Get rewarded well, play in front of full houses and far more people than at Anderlecht every week. With the chance to build a reputation in England, the home of football, and the gateway to the Premier League. And reputedly a man of great character - just the sort of leader we should be looking for at the next level.

Supposedly, he's on just over £60,000 a week at the moment. I can't see him taking a huge pay cut to join us. With the way modern football's going I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a lower level Premier League team like Leicester, Crystal Palace or Everton.

I think these could be worth signing either perm or loan:

Marcus Harness (Ipswich Town), Kaide Gordon (Liverpool), Danny Armstrong (Kilmarnock), Michael Craig (Reading), Gabriel Misehouy (Ajax), Milan Smit (SC Cambuur), Josh Flint (FC Volendam)

I suggested him January and since then he’s gotten even better I feel, but a loan of potential permanent for Mika Biereth.

He will be turning 22 next season and likely will never play for Arsenal. For the first half of the season he was as a 10 or second striker at Motherwell scoring 6 and assisting 5 in 14 games before spending the second half of the season on loan at Sturm Graz where he’s played on the wing or up front in a two. 

For Sturm Graz he’s got 5 goals and 1 assist in 13 games in the league while also getting 3 goals in 4 in the conference league knockouts. Also has 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 cup games.  

He’s a very good young attacking player aswell as being versatile, would be a great signing his contract is up in 2025 so a slim chance of a permanent of a similar deal to TJJ this season. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I think these could be worth signing either perm or loan:

Marcus Harness (Ipswich Town), Kaide Gordon (Liverpool), Danny Armstrong (Kilmarnock), Michael Craig (Reading), Gabriel Misehouy (Ajax), Milan Smit (SC Cambuur), Josh Flint (FC Volendam)

Ah yeah, how much you seen of Milan Smit? Are you smitten?

22 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thomas Delaney (Danish international midfielder) only has a year on his Sevilla contract left and they don't want him. He spent last season on loan at Anderlecht, with an option to buy for 3 million Euros, but reportedly the Spaniards are now ready to take 1.5 million: https://www.anderlecht-online.be/en/article/232104

He's 32 years old but could be the central midfield leader we need to make a difference. He's got American citizenship through his dad so I imagine would be comfortable in an English-speaking environment. 

It's laughable that Cardiff want half a million pounds for Ebou, but for just over twice as much we could maybe buy someone like this.

Ludicrous suggestion. 32 and heavy fee with wages. And to draw comparison with Rotherham young keeper is just as daft. 

I think we can all agree that although some older heads are necessary - ultimately where we are paying for players we need to ensure they’re of an age whereby they’re a prospective investment. The problem under Mel was that we would sign 27-28 year olds on long-term deals and by the time they were coming to an end of said deals they barely had any resale - mostly because they were s****, but we really didn’t give ourselves a chance as we signed the wrong demographic (usually). 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I’ve heard it could well be 5 or 6 weeks before things start moving on transfers 😊

Was it from Warne? He basically said as much in his interview. 

20 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I know every player looks good on highlights but this video shows what he’s about and that he’s not just a big lad he seems good with the ball at feet and quite the athlete.

Not good enough on this evidence looks slow and cumbersome.