Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Just seen there equaliser back by god that is awful. Collins gets done so easy and just turns to give up. Someone in the box falls over not so sure who. Deflection for the goal. Wilson struggling to get back

Awful awful defending 

Thompson fell, if he didn’t he’s probably exactly where that pass got played through. Poor moment from everyone. 

We are never convincing just really hope Warne does what he was brought here to do and get us out of this s*** league 

I for one won’t be doing all of the miles I do week in week out if we are in L1 next season with Warne …tough game away to Exeter next 

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Please god can we rest Hourihane on Tuesday, he loses so much 50/50s and barring set pieces offers next to nothing. Would also start CBT because barkhuizen is a good player but his finishing is absolutely awful. 

Are we playing Thompson who lost his footing for their goal and ran around for 10 minutes doing sweet FA instead.

All these late late goals conceded at PP could kill our promotion challenge.Pompey, Wycombe,Posh and now Shrewsbloodybury. I make that 7 big points chucked away becourse of terrible game management. Meanwhile Barnsley scored two late goals to win their game despite being down to 10 men.

Edited by Patrick Rams

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not it wasn't . It was awful defending against a bang average side that could have seriously damaged a chance to get out this league.  Why in gods name did he unsettle that defence with 5 minutes to go and bring on a wide player at full back.  Perhaps he didn't want an awkward after match aperitif with his mate Hursty.  Absolute b******* substitution.  

Easy with hindsight but I have to agree- defence was looking okay - why disrupt it like that !!?

ok- Adams had to go off- so put Thommo on to run around and harrass for the last few mins. But why oh why take Nyambe off !!? Smacks of changes for changes sake to me..

2 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

All these late late goals conceded at PP could kill our promotion challenge.Pompey, Wycombe,Posh and now Shrewsbloodybury. I make that 7 big points chucked away becourse of terrible game management. Meanwhile Barnsley scored two late goals to win their game despite being down to 20 men.

But Shrewsbury are so prolific away from home !!!

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Barnsley away's going to be a bit tasty, and that's just me fighting with the SYP!

To be fair they have done amazingly well this season and are on something of a roll…. One side I really would like to avoid playing to be honest…

Bolton also showed their mettle today… to come back and get a point away from home when down to 10 men…

These late goals are really hurting us …. 

3 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

To be fair they have done amazingly well this season and are on something of a roll…. One side I really would like to avoid playing to be honest…

Bolton also showed their mettle today… to come back and get a point away from home when down to 10 men…

Not the Port Vale one 😉

Can anyone tell me when our last good performance at home was? We’ve got a team with quality in abundance (for this level) and their instructions are get it out wide and cross. When that doesn’t work we’ve got nothing, even against a side like Shrewsbury who were quite clearly devoid of any quality whatsoever. Painful.

2 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Be nice if we had a different striker option off of the bench to play with or replace Collins …..

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Just seen there equaliser back by god that is awful. Collins gets done so easy and just turns to give up. Someone in the box falls over not so sure who. Deflection for the goal. Wilson struggling to get back

Awful awful defending 

Yep Wilson getting a lot of deserved blame but Collins was poor in that move as well.