Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If Charlton get it together up the top they'll cause a few teams around us some problems in the run in. Defensively we looked solid, wasn't too worried when the pressure was on. On to the next one 🐏

Got to hope they take points off Portsmouth and Bolton before we play them again at the end of the month

Just now, eddielewis said:

Got to hope they take points off Portsmouth and Bolton before we play them again at the end of the month

Reminded me of us a little when we couldn't get it working up top, defense to final third they looked good then rushed the final ball, if the new faces start clicking then hopefully like you say Pompey and Bolton won't have it easy against them.

Well Charlton got their pound of flesh, but We got the points! COME ON YOU RAMS!Β 

it took us a while to get into the match, and we weren't at our best anyway, but were well worth the win. Virtually all thatΒ 
Charlton managed were half-chances all match, with great defensive work and loads of blocks. And we were pretty solid mot of the way through. It was really hard work, and there were some good performances from players we had come to expect to let us down - Sonny Bradley in particular. And we won on yellow cards. Come on FA - get your act together. You can't let this level of officiating carry on. It is embarrassing. I'll say no more on that or I'll be starting a new thread just on todays referee!

So we've made good ground on most of those around us, and re sitting pretty well! What puzzles me is that Charlton gave us a good run around, especially in the second half and can actually play a bit. So why on earth do they compromise their performances by concentrating on the nasty side of football. There was a whole stack of cynical challenges and really dirty fouls, plus an assortment of dives in all areas of the pitch. What if they focussed on football? Just what could they achieve? But it meant despite pressing us well at times, they didn't really threaten our goal, so thanks for that!

So a week's rest, then Shrewsbury at ours. Can't wait! What a turnaround!

Β 

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Well Charlton got their pound of flesh, but We got the points! COME ON YOU RAMS!Β 

it took us a while to get into the match, and we weren't at our best anyway, but were well worth the win. Virtually all thatΒ 
Charlton managed were half-chances all match, with great defensive work and loads of blocks. And we were pretty solid mot of the way through. It was really hard work, and there were some good performances from players we had come to expect to let us down - Sonny Bradley in particular. And we won on yellow cards. Come on FA - get your act together. You can't let this level of officiating carry on. It is embarrassing. I'll say no more on that or I'll be starting a new thread just on todays referee!

So we've made good ground on most of those around us, and re sitting pretty well! What puzzles me is that Charlton gave us a good run around, especially in the second half and can actually play a bit. So why on earth do they compromise their performances by concentrating on the nasty side of football. There was a whole stack of cynical challenges and really dirty fouls, plus an assortment of dives in all areas of the pitch. What if they focussed on football? Just what could they achieve? But it meant despite pressing us well at times, they didn't really threaten our goal, so thanks for that!

So a week's rest, then Shrewsbury at ours. Can't wait! What a turnaround!

Β 

They're just lemon because we didn't even need CBT to beat themΒ πŸ˜‚