Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Stats can say many things - but they mislead in this case- it was painful for much of the game and it certainly looked at one point that we might/could/would lose.

We all see games differently but all want the same thing. 

Yeah, I heard radio derby being very positive of burton on the way home. Personally thought we were just sloppy but they did punish us well. Don’t think burton offered much at all.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We didn’t dominate the end of the game. Going in to injury time they looked the more likely and I would have taken a point. Funny how fans see the game differently.

Really, there was about 5 mins before we scored where they were camped in their box and we were surrounded them with the ball, sticking in crosses and trying to get the winner.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You didn't, but you 'just hopped in' to have a little dig at what you perceived to be excessive negativity, at least that's what I took from your post.

I think you knew what you were doing, which was sniping at other members for what you perceived to be an overly negative outlook.

I don't believe your post added any more value than some of the more 'extreme' criticisms posted in this thread.  

The reality of the situation was I had to skim read back 2 pages to find anything remotely positive about the result tonight.

Am sure Warne is well aware of our deficiencies and this isn't recent news for him, that's for the training ground or transfer market.

Why not just enjoy the result and the fact that we're effectively joint second tonight.

Each to their own I guess 

We really lack control in games, even the ones we play well in. We are susceptible to being punched in the mouth, so to speak. Burton did exactly that despite a fairly relentless and dominating performance up to that point. 

It would be nice to see us slow the game down at times, recycle possession and make the other team chase shadows. We have more than enough quality in the team to make that happen, but it’s just not in our make-up under Warne and it will be our undoing at times - like Peterborough. Still, another win, so 10 in our last 12 in the league? Not all have been hugely convincing but I guess you have to credit Warne for that production - a more cautious approach probably leads to some of those being draws, etc. 

20 games to go, we need to keep this form going as long as possible. A few extra bodies would help! 

12 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Warne on the radio. Good for 50 mins. Had a wobble.

2nd goal is unforgivable.

Disappointed with losing control and our character

Credit to Burton. Tried to force things and found them hard to break down

Needed more patience

Doesn't know if we deserved a win

Says we got away with it

No need for strong words. Says the team could see the issues. Need to be confident under pressure

Being mid table is easy. Going up is harder

If you make mistakes you will get punished

Win will feel better tomorrow

Easier to critique a win than a loss

Not over the moon,should be better should have control. Concern over 90 mins

Need to strengthen frontline, asking a lot of players. 1 or 2 short

Game management needs working on. Keeping the ball etc, over confident? Let ourselves down in a few moments but they are human beings people make mistakes and will learn

Gotta keep sticking to what coaches tell them. Collectively they are stronger than individuals

Well.... credit for that. Exactly how I saw it too.

Someone help me out here

every game 

we play ok and some not bad stuff for first half 

normally scare the bejeezus out of the opposition full backs with pace and power

pepper them with endless crosses roughly 30% of which amount to something 

then we switch off between minutes 55 and 75

then pepper them some more 

most of the time it comes off

sometimes it doesn’t 

is that pretty much ‘warne ball’? Every game the same pattern of play?

rinse wash repeat 

is that the game plan? 

I think the whole street heard my yell when the third goal went in....

Good first half, crap most of the second. When Burton equalised, I thought it was all over, didn't see a comeback.  

Cracking header from Collo, cool finish from Hourihane, and Barks had one of his good games.

That Hugill boy has an oddly long neck, like a giraffe.

Earlier subs would have been nice, Thompson's energy helped but why wait until 80+ minutes? - I can't have been the only one shouting at the telly for a change off the bench. 

They have to make heavy weather of it but a win's a win!