Callum Lang - signed for Portsmouth

Heisenberg

Definitely leaving Wigan by the looks of it, was quite emotional after the game last night and went around applauding the fans as if he was leaving. 

Portsmouth have been linked for months and we've only just been linked. Not sure if we're being used for clicks or if we're actually interested. 

Have been impressed when I've watched him before. 

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Really?

This Derby linked with stuff is getting tiresome.

Nothing against you Heisenberg - you’re just the messenger but I guess it’s difficult to distinguish who might be interested from who’s actually made an enquiry.

I’d rather have the Irish guy 😊

8 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Definitely leaving Wigan by the looks of it, was quite emotional after the game last night and went around applauding the fans as if he was leaving. 

Portsmouth have been linked for months and we've only just been linked. Not sure if we're being used for clicks or if we're actually interested. 

Have been impressed when I've watched him before. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm pretty sure before we played Wigan at home at the start of the season, Warne singled him out as a threat and a player he likes?

Could be nothing, could be a serious interest. But he's a good age and if he's leaving Wigan I would expect us and want us to be all over this.

Aye, he's clearly a fan as he stated before our game at the start of the season that Wigan (probably) have the best front 4 in the division. Not sure if he singled him out though.

Then again, that would also mean he's a fan of Callum McManaman, which is hardly a promising sign! Nor is the paltry 2 goals and 2 assists he's managed in the league so far this season - although he was much, much more productive in the 2021/22 season (15 goals, 10 assists) so clearly has a lot ot offer at this level. I'm not sure why his numbers are so low this season?

Edited by May Contain Nuts

As the previous two posters have alluded to, Warne was very complimentary of Wigan's attackers before the season starter. 

Not sure why his numbers are so down this season but i'd be happy with this signing for sure. 

Also a little revenge if we do get him on cheap for how they stole Shinnie in our time of need.

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

As the previous two posters have alluded to, Warne was very complimentary of Wigan's attackers before the season starter. 

Not sure why his numbers are so down this season but i'd be happy with this signing for sure. 

Also a little revenge if we do get him on cheap for how they stole Shinnie in our time of need.

Wasn't Shinnie their revenge for us doing the same to them with Nathan Byrne? They do however still owe us big time for selling us Connor Sammon. Robbing barstewards. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wasn't Shinnie their revenge for us doing the same to them with Nathan Byrne? They do however still owe us big time for selling us Connor Sammon. Robbing barstewards. 

We got David Marshall off them as well so point taken.

Anyhow Sammon was pony so fair game. 

Get him signed and then we can have a La(i)ng on both flanks 

Rated him for a couple of seasons now but not done as much this season as I thought he would have done. For the right price, definitely the sort of player that may be able to give us a push in the second half of the season ie. Broadhead at Ipswich last year.

Seen a lot Wigan fans saying they reckon he’ll be gone before their game v Northampton on the 13th. Also seen a few of them saying he’s best as a right winger and because he hasn’t played there all season he’s been worse than previous years. Could be a good signing for a low fee.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seen a lot Wigan fans saying they reckon he’ll be gone before their game v Northampton on the 13th. Also seen a few of them saying he’s best as a right winger and because he hasn’t played there all season he’s been worse than previous years. Could be a good signing for a low fee.

For reference, in Wigan's promotion season, he played half his games on the right (7 goals and 7 assists) and the other half down the middle (8 goals and 3 assists)