Callum Lang - signed for Portsmouth

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nelson and Wilson decent, jury still out on Ward….

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Ward was a risky one to add to the post, I like him, been unlucky with injuries, can whip a nice ball in so for what Warne wants, at this level, I personally think he’s quality and just hasn’t had the time to really show it. 

Can’t believe I forget Nyambe though. Oops.

2 hours ago, David said:

Couple of things here, last season was our first in League 1, not only would incoming players be sold the bounce straight back up dream, Rooney was still around whilst deals were being lined up.

18 months later, are we to believe Warne hasn’t signed any quality players, players which have us 2 points off the automatics? Nelson, Wilson, Ward, are they crap?

To top it off and suggest Warne isn’t respected at this level, come on, his CV will earn him respect, let’s not needlessly slander the guy because we’re not signing players that we want and he may have no interest in.

Not convinced on that one.  He fecked off on day 1 of the new ownership when he realised he wouldn't get his pudgy mitts on a percentage. Before that, we couldn't have lined up a bloke to paint the stands never mind any players.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not convinced on that one.  He fecked off on day 1 of the new ownership when he realised he wouldn't get his pudgy mitts on a percentage. Before that, we couldn't have lined up a bloke to paint the stands never mind any players.

Bit harsh 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

It think it was you in the summer who kept repeating that players were turning us down because of Warne. I challenged you on it a few times until you eventually admitted it was just your own specualtion and nothing more.

Apologies if it wasn't you, but it is the sort of stuff I'd expect you to post.

50 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There was a story where Rosenior was out, spotted Hourihane, sold him the dream.

Rooney was still present at that time.

You have to remember, deals are done over a period of time, will be months of flirting and proposing before anything gets signed.

1 hour ago, David said:

Ward was a risky one to add to the post, I like him, been unlucky with injuries, can whip a nice ball in so for what Warne wants, at this level, I personally think he’s quality and just hasn’t had the time to really show it. 

Can’t believe I forget Nyambe though. Oops.

Ward looked great when he started and he has just come back from injury, hopefully just the jitters. But last night he looked way off it. 

Nyambe is a class signing.

36 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It think it was you in the summer who kept repeating that players were turning us down because of Warne. I challenged you on it a few times until you eventually admitted it was just your own specualtion and nothing more.

Apologies if it wasn't you, but it is the sort of stuff I'd expect you to post.

Yes it was me and I stand by that. It would be interesting to know why Jordan Rhodes, after promising he would be signing for us, decided to just not turn up on the morning he was expected in.

There is a news article out there, an interview with a player who once played for Warne, he said he had the opportunity to play under him again and turned it down as he works his players too hard. I imagine others wouldn't appreciate his full on approach outside of work either.

Others would love him of course.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

See Liam has attracted Cavalho on loan from Liverpool…doing a fine job young Liam 😊

Helps when you have millions on millions backing you, I doubt carvalho rang Liverpool saying please recall me from the Bundesliga so I can go play for Rosenior at Hull. It’s because Hull offered the best money. Sadly we have next to no money to spend. 

8 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Helps when you have millions on millions backing you, I doubt carvalho rang Liverpool saying please recall me from the Bundesliga so I can go play for Rosenior at Hull. It’s because Hull offered the best money. Sadly we have next to no money to spend. 

I don't know how we're coping in this league against the mega millions Cheltenham have.

On Hull, they still only the 9th highest transfer expenditure this season and I'm willing to bet there are just as many teams who are spending more on wages. I know we've been out of the Championship for 2 seasons, but surely you couldn't have forgotten how much clubs spend on wages in that league? £40m is top 6, £30m is top half. Hull had a wage bill of just £12.7m 2 seasons ago. The way you talk about Hull's finances suggests you thing they've quadrupled their wage bill in just 2 years?

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes it was me and I stand by that. It would be interesting to know why Jordan Rhodes, after promising he would be signing for us, decided to just not turn up on the morning he was expected in.

It was reported at the time the deal was agreed and all but signed, and they turned round at the eleventh hour and asked for more money. Cue Warne talking about ''liars in his next press conference.

There was a lot of talk around this at the time, not sure how you missed it? Also weakens your own argument about Warne having an adverse effect on potential signings if you're not aware of the context... 

• 3 weeks later...