Callum Lang - signed for Portsmouth

Heisenberg

20 minutes ago, caymanram said:

‘No interest….AT THIS POINT’……….suggests a possible interest to me….

Suggests covering of one’s arse to me. 

6 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

We got David Marshall off them as well so point taken.

Anyhow Sammon was pony so fair game. 

Good under McClaren in 2014.  Barker loved him for the muscle. He really helped Martin against the bruisers in the last third of games. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not believed to be going to another League One club due to sums involved according to Leigh Curtis

Struggling to see how Wigan are getting sums too big for League 1 for a record of his. Fair play to Wigan though

I'll be astounded if we bring in a proven player like Lang or CBT this window. 

If the last two windows have taught us anything its that we don't have the funds to cherry pick who we sign and when it comes to forward players for some mysterious reason they seem to get close to signing only to disappear in to the night.

Best we can hope for is someone like TJJ (young, maybe injury prone) on deadline day I reckon.

28 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I'll be astounded if we bring in a proven player like Lang or CBT this window. 

If the last two windows have taught us anything its that we don't have the funds to cherry pick who we sign and when it comes to forward players for some mysterious reason they seem to get close to signing only to disappear in to the night.

Best we can hope for is someone like TJJ (young, maybe injury prone) on deadline day I reckon.

Players have got to want to come here because we can only afford what we can afford to pay them, Waghorn being a great example of someone who wanted to play for Derby County - shame he is being injured so much 

2 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Why could Rosenoir bring in quality players and not Warne, I assume they were both working to a similar budget?

Maybe there is a pre conceived idea of what Warne’s football is and would be like - we all had a view !

Couple of things here, last season was our first in League 1, not only would incoming players be sold the bounce straight back up dream, Rooney was still around whilst deals were being lined up.

18 months later, are we to believe Warne hasn’t signed any quality players, players which have us 2 points off the automatics? Nelson, Wilson, Ward, are they crap?

To top it off and suggest Warne isn’t respected at this level, come on, his CV will earn him respect, let’s not needlessly slander the guy because we’re not signing players that we want and he may have no interest in.

19 minutes ago, David said:

To top it off and suggest Warne isn’t respected at this level, come on, his CV will earn him respect, let’s not needlessly slander the guy because we’re not signing players that we want and he may have no interest in.

That last bit just won’t wash with some people I’m afraid, despite the amount of sense in your post. 

27 minutes ago, David said:

Couple of things here, last season was our first in League 1, not only would incoming players be sold the bounce straight back up dream, Rooney was still around whilst deals were being lined up.

18 months later, are we to believe Warne hasn’t signed any quality players, players which have us 2 points off the automatics? Nelson, Wilson, Ward, are they crap?

Nelson and Wilson decent, jury still out on Ward….

54 minutes ago, David said:

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

1 hour ago, David said:

Well said but you won’t change the mind of a couple…. We could win the league and Warne would still be terrible 

1 hour ago, David said:

I agree it’s way too early this window to be throwing toys out the pram. But I know for a fact if we end up replicating last January I’ll have steam coming out of my ears. 

Think Warne’s defensive recruitment has been very good.

In the forward areas it leaves a lot to be desired and as that’s the area we all want to see strengthened, I can see why some are getting agitated.  

Also doesn’t help that after the Stevenage match Derby Telegraph ran a story saying funds would be given to Warne in Jan to strengthen. Comments like these only raise expectation.  

Anyway so far this window Warne is not guilty of any wrongdoing. But let’s hope for everyone’s sake we sign a couple of decent players for the final third by deadline day.