Looking abroad

RYRAM

10 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

So the gaffer as stated he will be looking abroad "looking into it" 

I wonder if we do gave any targets abroad? 

I for one would look a unknown player to come to derby. 

German CB anyone lol 

French striker lol 

Can but hope lol

Unknown South American with a questionable passport……😆

I'm no doubt being far too ambitious with these suggestions, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're signed by some top division sides within the next year, however...

Tashreeq Matthews - 23 year old winger playing fir Sirius in Sweden. Former Dortmund youth player who has 10 goals and 10 assists in 30 games this season

Sebastian Nanasi - 21 year old winger playing for Malmo in Sweden. 11 goals and 7 assists in 29 games.

Jeppe Okkels - 24 year old winger for Elsbord in Sweden. 11 goals and 6 assists in 30 games. 1 year left on his deal.

Faris Moumbagna - 23 year old forward. 24 goals and 9 assists in 36 games for Bodo in Norway. Made his Cameroon debut last month.

Alexander Lind - 21 year old CF playing for Silkeborg in Denmark. 10 goals and 3 assists in 19 games.

9 hours ago, RYRAM said:

So the gaffer as stated he will be looking abroad "looking into it" 

I wonder if we do gave any targets abroad? 

I for one would look a unknown player to come to derby. 

German CB anyone lol 

French striker lol 

Can but hope lol

There was a story at the start of the season about possibly relaxing the post Brexit rules on work permits. Under the old rules we would have zero chance of signing anyone from abroad.

Anyone have the details of what the new rules are? 

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

There was a story at the start of the season about possibly relaxing the post Brexit rules on work permits. Under the old rules we would have zero chance of signing anyone from abroad.

Anyone have the details of what the new rules are? 

We can take players from Rwanda if we send them some from here.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm no doubt being far too ambitious with these suggestions, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're signed by some top division sides within the next year, however...

Tashreeq Matthews - 23 year old winger playing fir Sirius in Sweden. Former Dortmund youth player who has 10 goals and 10 assists in 30 games this season

Sebastian Nanasi - 21 year old winger playing for Malmo in Sweden. 11 goals and 7 assists in 29 games.

Jeppe Okkels - 24 year old winger for Elsbord in Sweden. 11 goals and 6 assists in 30 games. 1 year left on his deal.

Faris Moumbagna - 23 year old forward. 24 goals and 9 assists in 36 games for Bodo in Norway. Made his Cameroon debut last month.

Alexander Lind - 21 year old CF playing for Silkeborg in Denmark. 10 goals and 3 assists in 19 games.

Matthews would be possible I would guess! Nanansi will be way to expensive.

Problem is I can't see any of them being Warnes type of player really.

(I really like them though...).

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Have you ever seen these players play ? Just wondering why you rate them so highly.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Buying from abroad is risky business if you don't have the scouting setup out there and connections that can give you the inside track on their life off the pitch.

Not sure the days of Jim Smith watching a VHS and saying sign him up is the way to go.

Agreed, But Jim didn't do too badly out of it

11 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Agreed, But Jim didn't do too badly out of it

He didn't, I don't want to be disrespectful and put it all down to luck, there was some judgement, just think that for every 10 players you sign with no background checks and in depth scouting, 8 out of 10 will be duds and wasted money.

If Warne has no established connections outside of the UK, it's definitely risky business.

8 minutes ago, David said:

He didn't, I don't want to be disrespectful and put it all down to luck, there was some judgement, just think that for every 10 players you sign with no background checks and in depth scouting, 8 out of 10 will be duds and wasted money.

If Warne has no established connections outside of the UK, it's definitely risky business.

FIFA, CM and wiki surely count as established connections in this day and age ?

29 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

FIFA, CM and wiki surely count as established connections in this day and age ?

Do you mean FM....Football Manager?

I've never been near it but heard the founder/inventor say that it was originally purchased by geeks to play in their bedrooms but now, the stats are so accurate and wide ranging, that about 50% of sales are to professional clubs.

No idea if it's better to get an old geezer with a cap and a lanyard to watch Pablo Al-McSheznyski in the flesh once or look at his lifetime stats.