Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

56 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Not in a league full of average players.

If an entire league is full of average players, the team that wins out is likely the team that has the work ethic, the team that is set up the best, and the team that plays with belief.

Do you seriously believe that League One is full of players that are better than average? That is why they are playing in an average league is it not?

This is the reason why we are able to achieve results with average performances as that is all it takes to win games in an average league.

Learn what the word average means I beg.

All sounded good for to me. 5 in a row, in the playoffs comfortably, good goal difference, game in hand over some. Keep up the good work

i’ll now leave the thread so we can discuss: 

1) See, I told you Sibs is a 10

2) Collins missed again, while it’s had luck on JJ for scuffing one

3) Bradley is a liability 

4) Warne won’t be able to prosper in the Championship 

5) It was only Orient 

6) Cashin wants to stay

🤣🤣🤣

49 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Early on when Oxford merely messed with us there was a feeling that we were miles off where we should be to challenge at the top. Frustration was increased by glimpses of what the team was capable of before crashing back to the dreadful stuff that typified the first part of the season, and the “Warne-outers” hit maximum volume after Crewe and Stevenage - quite rightly, because we were terrible. We were watching players getting more in a week fir under achieving than many fans earn in an entire year for working hard for 40 - 60 hours a week, and who, if they under achieved like our beloved footballers would be out of work in no time.

The vocal criticism if Warne and his tactics surfaced, but a week or so layer we started on this terrific run. And the difference? Some point to Smith being unavailable, which might have a bearing because our pace and tempo is much higher. But mainly we have started to play football on the floor, and we are involving our midfield. Which us all the disgruntles fans were asking for.

There is still more needed, but today we reaped the benefits of playing football instead if embarking on an aerial bombardment without any missiles.

To my eyes, and to his credit, it seems that Paul Warne has listened to the criticism and changed how were are doing things.

So in an even first half we could have been two down, but could just easily ended up 3-2 ahead. The red card helped us, but without hitting any peaks we ended up comfortable winners, even allowing fir the numerical advantage.

Well done you Rams!

I'd suggest the people working 50 to 60 hour weeks, and earning less than our players are on a week, should look up the rules on minimum wage!

As for the change in performances, personally I think you are trying to see things which make you more comfortable with your sustained attacks on Warne a few weeks back.

Happy to be proven wrong but to my eyes we played as many long balls today as we did back then.

The only difference is when we play through the middle we are more incisive and more clinical up top.

Granted we have reduced the number of pointless crosses into the box but Id attribute that to Wilson using the better from wide areas.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

0.5 for Leyton Orient, 2.64 for derby on FotMob, so pretty in line with the result.

Is that xG goals? 🤷‍♂️
That's nigh on 30% out, compared to  reality, innit?  That's quite a chunk out of line, in my book!     🤷‍♂️

A good solid performance today but feel Bird is slightly ineffective in the advanced role.

Doesnt make runs beyond Collins and doesn’t really know when to come and show for it.

Would prefer him deeper but that does leave a dilemma of who to put in the 10 spot. (As I don’t want Korey Smith anywhere near the team!)

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Alas and alack, this is one of the fixtures I have got on my patch..... however, I am writing this post from Carlisle Bay in Barbados having been hectored into another 2 week Caribbean cruise.

So I will try to follow through free WiFi whilst sipping rum punch and spotting sea turtles through a glass bottom. At least I think that's what the tour company promised.....

That explains why your score prediction arrived around half-time! 

9 hours ago, roboto said:

Depending which road you choose good luck getting out easily. Can get congested on match days around here. I live a 20 minute walk away from the ground and a lot of Orient fans prefer to park a bit further away to get a clean run out after the match.

I got lucky to be fair. Didn’t realise some were mon to Say and others to the Friday. Got there at 2.35pm, someone pulled out and I got a spot immediately. Home really quickly as well.

33 minutes ago, ossieram said:

If you put the ball into the opposition net 3 times and the opposition don't score, it's impossible to win by 1.

Maybe if you score two own goals? Then it surley would be possible? 

Can't explain why this feels so important to clarify though...

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is that xG goals? 🤷‍♂️
That's nigh on 30% out, compared to  reality, innit?  That's quite a chunk out of line, in my book!     🤷‍♂️

You can't score part goals so it's never going to be "bang on" but the xG is pretty well reflective of the game.

49 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Early on when Oxford merely messed with us there was a feeling that we were miles off where we should be to challenge at the top. Frustration was increased by glimpses of what the team was capable of before crashing back to the dreadful stuff that typified the first part of the season, and the “Warne-outers” hit maximum volume after Crewe and Stevenage - quite rightly, because we were terrible. We were watching players getting more in a week fir under achieving than many fans earn in an entire year for working hard for 40 - 60 hours a week, and who, if they under achieved like our beloved footballers would be out of work in no time.

The vocal criticism if Warne and his tactics surfaced, but a week or so layer we started on this terrific run. And the difference? Some point to Smith being unavailable, which might have a bearing because our pace and tempo is much higher. But mainly we have started to play football on the floor, and we are involving our midfield. Which us all the disgruntles fans were asking for.

There is still more needed, but today we reaped the benefits of playing football instead if embarking on an aerial bombardment without any missiles.

To my eyes, and to his credit, it seems that Paul Warne has listened to the criticism and changed how were are doing things.

So in an even first half we could have been two down, but could just easily ended up 3-2 ahead. The red card helped us, but without hitting any peaks we ended up comfortable winners, even allowing fir the numerical advantage.

Well done you Rams!

I'd suggest the people working 50 to 60 hour weeks, and earning less than our players are on a week, should look up the rules on minimum wage!

As for the change in performances, personally I think you are trying to see things which make you more comfortable with your sustained attacks on Warne a few weeks back.

Happy to be proven wrong but to my eyes we played as many long balls today as we did back then.

The only difference is when we play through the middle we are more incisive and more clinical up top.

Granted we have reduced the number of pointless crosses into the box but Id attribute that to Wilson using the better from wide areas.