Safe Standing Is Coming to Pride Park

Caerphilly Ram

11 minutes ago, therams69 said:

When you ask someone who has worked in travel for 23 years including 16 years at an airport............. 

Just curious really as it seems you took exception to having your ticket checked 3 times so not sure how you would handle traversing through airport security on a regular basis thats all 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just curious really as it seems you took exception to having your ticket checked 3 times so not sure how you would handle traversing through airport security on a regular basis thats all 

Well I did it for 16 years on a daily basis and going through airport security there is only 1 check of your boarding pass so I get what you are getting at..

Actually thinking about, more checks to watch a game of football with a rail than getting on an aircraft. Crazy world we live in.

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Well I did it for 16 years on a daily basis and going through airport security there is only 1 check of your boarding pass so I get what you are getting at..

Actually thinking about, more checks to watch a game of football with a rail than getting on an aircraft. Crazy world we live in.

Ask yourself why is there checks, you admitted there is a problem with migration, which is the root cause of most crowd problems especially at away grounds.

If fans went to their allocated seat/ standing area and stayed there then there wouldn’t be a problem, and there wouldn’t be a need for checks.

Unfortunately a number of fans think the rules don’t apply to them.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Ask yourself why is there checks, you admitted there is a problem with migration, which is the root cause of most crowd problems especially at away grounds.

If fans went to their allocated seat/ standing area and stayed there then there wouldn’t be a problem, and there wouldn’t be a need for checks.

Unfortunately a number of fans think the rules don’t apply to them.

Only in an area towards the away fans, no where else. This is nothing new and is a small area and is where the previous checks took place some weeks ago.

I agree but as we all know its fairly simple to go up your correct gangway and then move across over the seats.

7 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Only in an area towards the away fans, no where else. This is nothing new and is a small area and is where the previous checks took place some weeks ago.

I agree but as we all know its fairly simple to go up your correct gangway and then move across over the seats.

Which is why you’re getting the extra checks 🤷🏻‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Which is why you’re getting the extra checks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Indeed, and anyone found not in their allocated seat should be removed from the ground. It will be the same people every week who think they can do whatever they like. Full marks to the club for trying to deal with it.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

It's been a couple of years since I took a flight but I'm pretty sure (from my fading memory) that boarding passes are checked at least twice: - once at the departure lounge when your section of the aircraft is called forward to board and then again at the actual entrance to the aircraft. If there was a risk/history of flyers just choosing to sit wherever they liked rather than carefully seeking out their correct seat then perhaps there would be another level of checks implemented on aircrafts. But, there isn't so I don't think you can compare the two experiences.

In any event, although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, I can't help but feel this was more of "getting use to the new procedure minor irritation" rather than anything really worth getting worked up and complaining about.

3 hours ago, therams69 said:

Absolutely important! 😉

End of the day the SCG is there to make things better for us all. Its a liaison between the club and fanbase as much as possible. Not everyone is represented but as much as possible. 

I didn't vote for you. You don't represent me

2 hours ago, therams69 said:

Your comment about “near the away fans” is spot on.  I’m at the back of SS next to SW Corner.  Only 1 check for us, at bottom of stairs.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It's been a couple of years since I took a flight but I'm pretty sure (from my fading memory) that boarding passes are checked at least twice: - once at the departure lounge when your section of the aircraft is called forward to board and then again at the actual entrance to the aircraft. If there was a risk/history of flyers just choosing to sit wherever they liked rather than carefully seeking out their correct seat then perhaps there would be another level of checks implemented on aircrafts. But, there isn't so I don't think you can compare the two experiences.

In any event, although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, I can't help but feel this was more of "getting use to the new procedure minor irritation" rather than anything really worth getting worked up and complaining about.

Once prior to security and once when at the gate. It used to be fairly common to also have it 'checked' when boarding the plane, but it seems to rarely happen to me nowadays (probably because I have bags in one arm and a toddler in the other.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Once prior to security and once when at the gate. It used to be fairly common to also have it 'checked' when boarding the plane, but it seems to rarely happen to me nowadays (probably because I have bags in one arm and a toddler in the other.

Though to be honest - as long as you’re on any plane for the next few hours, the security check one is just to get you into security. Only one check to make sure you’re on the right plane.

Not had it checked on a plane for about five years. I fly maybe once a month on average.

33 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Whats the SCG? I've never heard of it?

In brief, it's a bunch of lads & lasses from the SS, NS, ES, WS, and even the NEC and SWC(U).  Not the SEC though... sod them!
They liaise/consult with DCFC, the FSA, and eventually, a newly formed SB (Not the one with the bust).

Get with it, dude!  🤓

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/proposal-for-derby-county-supporters-boardsupporters-charter-group

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

In brief, it's a bunch of lads & lasses from the SS, NS, ES, WS, and even the NEC and SWC(U).  Not the SEC though... sod them!
They liaise/consult with DCFC, the FSA, and eventually, a newly formed SB (Not the one with the bust).

Get with it, dude!  🤓

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/07/proposal-for-derby-county-supporters-boardsupporters-charter-group

Ducking splitters 

2 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Was aware of the supporters board, but not the SCG. I've never had the chance to vote for members of the SCG, they certainly dont represent my views!

Been around for many years, surprised you have never heard of it considering there has been so much consultation with the SCG over the supporters board - all detailed in every press release by the club surrounding the board. It could have been in a video though in which case you may have missed it.

Generally all minutes from the SCG meetings are posted on here as well or have been over the years.

You dont vote for a member of the SCG. When it was setup its prime goal was to try and get as much representation as possible so groups such as Ramstrust, Punjabi Rams, Supporters Club, Disabled Rams, BWAT etc etc and a few singletons like myself.

If you have a specific question you would like to raise so you feel represented then easy to join any of the groups and put it out there. @angieramcan also advise. Feel free to DM me as well and happy to raise something at the next meeting. Before this you had @Davidat the meetings who represented the forum and he would often put a thread out asking for questions to raise etc.

It by no means represents every supporter as that is just impossible. Its just a go to between the club and fans at best as has in my opinion been successful over the years.