Safe Standing Is Coming to Pride Park

Caerphilly Ram

Could the club have put up clear signs outside the ground to indicate where the checks would happen?

Will this happen for you South Standers every game?

ST fiasco aside - just curious to know if the usual fans up there preferred it or it made no difference?

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Could the club have put up clear signs outside the ground to indicate where the checks would happen?

ST fiasco aside - just curious to know if the usual fans up there preferred it or it made no difference?

No real difference, although leaning on the bar is alright - would personally like it sligtly higher for leaning purposes as I'm tall but get why it isn't!

Thoughts and prayers for those mildly inconvenienced by having to show a ticket, that they already have to hand having needed it to get in, two more times. The delay of seconds in getting to the ‘seat’ must be a terrible imposition and a clear breach of their human rights. #prayforthesouthstanders

Sorry ~ only pulling yer legs. You should see how angry I get every week being made to walk a few extra metres because of the stupid fence they put up along the part of the East Stand. And those poor buggers who get stopped from leaving the bottom car park - I now it’s coming but doesn’t stop getting angry every week.  

I imagine the biggest issue is not really having the ticket checked but just not being clear why or what benefit it brings (same with the fence - they have explained the logic but I think it’s nonsense). But it will either peter out or people will get used to it, realising that it’s probably not a very big deal (just like I do by the time I’ve got to the car).  Change is uncomfortable but rarely worth bothering about.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

No real difference, although leaning on the bar is alright - would personally like it sligtly higher for leaning purposes as I'm tall but get why it isn't!

Ooh... good point... which I'll take off at a tangent, if I may...

Now that this standing malarkey is all official and above board, does anyone know if they'll allow folk to take in their own milk crates?

Asking for a short arsed mate of mine.  😁 

Wildsmith

Ward Nelson Cashin Foz

Bird

Wilson     Hourihane    NML

Collo.   Barks     

Bird playing deeper so he has the game in front of him (he doesn’t attempt or score enough to be playing higher up). Use Hourihane’s strengths further up the pitch (I.e. not taking it off the CBs and having to defend the final third). Barks said it himself on RD (“Once upon a time I used to be a striker”). Fox in the box Saturday, might get on the end of the myriad crosses from Ward/NML.

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

Wildsmith

Ward Nelson Cashin Foz

Bird

Wilson     Hourihane    NML

Collo.   Barks     

Bird playing deeper so he has the game in front of him (he doesn’t attempt or score enough to be playing higher up). Use Hourihane’s strengths further up the pitch (I.e. not taking it off the CBs and having to defend the final third). Barks said it himself on RD (“Once upon a time I used to be a striker”). Fox in the box Saturday, might get on the end of the myriad crosses from Ward/NML.

8Hoa1r.gif

9 hours ago, therams69 said:

Not everyone has the time to watch a video.. There was no separate message out there..

The checks were excessive. Bottom of the stand and then walk up the stairs for another check and another at the top if you were at back.

Communication poor, again.

There were two videos produced and at least two separate website articles, with the information also included in the match day preview on the website. 

It was also featured prominently on BBC Radio Derby & on DerbyshireLive, I believe. 

What more do you want the club to do?

The checks are part of parcel of the terms of the safety certificate. Without those you don’t have safe standing, which supporters have been campaigning for for 10+ years. 

45 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

There were two videos produced and at least two separate website articles, with the information also included in the match day preview on the website. 

It was also featured prominently on BBC Radio Derby & on DerbyshireLive, I believe. 

The checks are part of parcel of the terms of the safety certificate. Without those you don’t have safe standing, which supporters have been campaigning for for 10+ years. 

He wants to be consulted. He’s important don’t you know.

I’ve just had a barrier fitted to my armchair to stop me wandering. No pre-advice, or user guidance. The wife has put the TV remote 2 meters away too. Evil she is.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Think you have summed it up nicely there 😂The checks are there because a number of fans can’t be trusted to stand in their allocated space, and just stand in the aisles or top of steps or whatever they see fit. Others have already mentioned that people have been just squeezing in wherever they want. 

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

16 hours ago, rammieib said:

I preferred it.  It meant I could do a bit of ballet exercise at halftime.  The whole row will be doing it by the end of the season, mark my words!

11 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

Owen,

For the record its been a long 12 years since I brought Jon and the Safe Standing Roadshow to the Navigation Pub who presented the safe standing rail seats so yep its been a very long and overdue campaign to get to this stage.

Fast forward and we are not quite there with it as we have barriers, granted its a start but it's not rail seats like what Wolves / Celtic have or pretty much every European Club with it. I understand the cost implications though and of course the cheaper option to pass the required checks was needed.

What more do I want the club to do? Interesting question and something I will be raising at the next SCG meeting. Personally feel that this was something that could and should have been raised within the group for feedback and opinion to how best to assist and portray the message. This is what the club wanted so interesting to note it was ignored this time around.

I wasn't personally affected and my annoyance was more at the other fans who felt it and received quite a few messages that night. Pretty much every supporter in there is a long standing season ticket holder in there from Day 1 and you could clearly see that they were annoyed. It was an overkill and excessive and from speaking to stewards prior to the game it was clear that the message to them was nothing but pressure to get it right. Which begs the question, get what right exactly? Nothing has changed but a rail in front of the same allocated seat that a fan has had for many years. No one had moved seats and no message was ever out there that because there is now a rail its a free for all. Granted we have a problem with migration but every club has that and checks were in place in a specific area over the past few games but this was the whole stand.

I understand that certain checks have to be made for a certificate to be issued but I also have the opinion that these decisions are made without a voice of a football fan who then experiences it. I would love to understand how long these checks will be in place for and how long other clubs with rail seats had the checks in place - i.e Liverpool we had no checks in the Cup. Cardiff in the league we had no checks.

I guess my issue is with the SCGA as it always has been now for years. Decisions made upstairs if you like. A bit like non slip foil only being used at Pride Park but normal foil is okay 30 miles down the road at the City Ground. Or a large flag allowed in one ground but not another etc etc

I am not digging at your communication, you know I would never do that. I am digging at the reasonings and decisions made prior to your communications.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I’ve just had a barrier fitted to my armchair to stop me wandering. No pre-advice, or user guidance. The wife has put the TV remote 2 meters away too. Evil she is.

Absolutely important! 😉

End of the day the SCG is there to make things better for us all. Its a liaison between the club and fanbase as much as possible. Not everyone is represented but as much as possible.