Safe Standing Is Coming to Pride Park

Caerphilly Ram

14 hours ago, HeyHudson said:

@therams69

Forgive the ignorance, but what's the difference between the rail seats and what the club have installed? I know that there are some functional differences (am I right in thinking rail seats can be locked upright?), but the end result is still a space for 1 person in which they can either sit or stand. What do proper rail seats offer that we don't get from the barriers which have been provided?

That's fine mate 🙂

So Rail seats are the model pretty much all in Europe and in a section at Wolves & all of Celtic.

They replace the seats. These rail seats are locked so you cannot sit down. Only unlocked (by club with an key) for a game where standing is not permitted (which used to be Uefa games).

This was the model that was first on the market and English clubs haven't taken it up due to costs. They would still have a rail in front of you.

Going forward the rail seat model would allow a 1.5 or 1.7 ratio like they have in Germany (you still have your allocated space). This is not possible with the normal seats we have. This isn't to say that our 'stands' can accommodate this extra increase and I was under no illusion that this would be permitted in England to start with but down the line it would offer an alternative especially for any new stadiums that would be built.

Hope that explains it.

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

We had @David at the meetings did we? Oh right. Sigh.

I think I made more meetings than you did mate in the period I represented this forum, I think I made the correct decision to stop going as they were a waste of time, anything was rarely put out after them, and it caused a us and them atmosphere because we couldn’t say anything prior to the minutes being released.  Which they rarely were.

I think you now know they are a box ticking exercise as you weren’t consulted about the rail seats.

I’d pack up if i was you mate, its a total waste of time, but done because they have to.

Sorry mate and you!! Yes I missed a few due to a newborn at the time 🙂

Not so sure mate but totally see where you are coming from. I think for the issues that I have raised over the years they have come to fruition. See below..

Fan Park

Additional South Stand bar outside (this was in profit after literally 2 weeks!!) - and looks really good now. 

Safe Standing

Football special train! Been banging on about this for years that EMR and the club need to liaise with each other so football fans can benefit. The first one being Lincoln away.

I am still peeved about the issue that was Wycombe at home. It is a kick in the teeth to the SCG in my opinion as if we were consulted one post that would have been on here would have been that.

I don't go to many SCGs as not really my role, but I do value them and certainly the contribution you make, @therams69. Your presence at games and willingness to chat to other fans about issues that you then take into meetings is really valued.

I agree an SCG meeting before the first match with rails would have been helpful, along with a fairly quick follow up review to see how it's going and take feedback. Don't think the latter necessarily needs full SCG but a smaller group of those directly affected.

Two things, I think the Club took an unexpected free couple of weeks due to our FA Cup exit to move the work forward, so there was less time to set this up.

The other is that I still think there is currently a lack of both numbers and experience in the staff team overall to think fan engagement as a given. 

I think that the intention at the top is there, but it doesn't always happen.

A general point it might be worth making at the next SCG! 

And just to add, I wish DCFCfans would consider rejoining now we have a new owner. I'm sure it would be welcomed.

Edited by angieram
Add the last paragraph.

On 05/12/2023 at 17:10, Returning ram said:

Football is now catering for the family, which it didn't back in my day, when you would never dream of taking a young one to a game, but as I alluded to earlier, the swearing, the stupid songs, the standing, the drinking, still have a place, if done in the right way...maybe I'm showing my age though 😏

Safeguarding standards ain't what they used to be......

On 23/12/2023 at 10:48, therams69 said:

That's fine mate 🙂

So Rail seats are the model pretty much all in Europe and in a section at Wolves & all of Celtic.

They replace the seats. These rail seats are locked so you cannot sit down. Only unlocked (by club with an key) for a game where standing is not permitted (which used to be Uefa games).

This was the model that was first on the market and English clubs haven't taken it up due to costs. They would still have a rail in front of you.

Going forward the rail seat model would allow a 1.5 or 1.7 ratio like they have in Germany (you still have your allocated space). This is not possible with the normal seats we have. This isn't to say that our 'stands' can accommodate this extra increase and I was under no illusion that this would be permitted in England to start with but down the line it would offer an alternative especially for any new stadiums that would be built.

Hope that explains it.

Ah right, so there are some pretty significant differences then. Good to know. Cheers for clarifying that 👍