Derby vs Port Vale

B4’s Sister

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hourihane has played a couple of lovely passes from deep, but that’s about it. 

With the space he has, if he could take it and stride forward to draw out defenders to meet him it would change the game. But he can’t do that. 

It’s tough because they’re are so compact and not giving us space in any forward area, so we’ve found it tough on the wings too. Maybe TJJ or Sibley to help us centrally would do wonders. 

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

That was fine. Not great, not awful. They've not had a shot on target have they?

One, but we have had several. Kane Wilson is the stand-out player for me. Downside is Sean Barker - Ukpeazu bundled Cashin to the ground and Barker thinks Cashin was lucky. Hasn’t Barker ever seen the brick outhouse before? Ikpeazu is a thug who has a future on the Olympic diving board.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Good first half. We’ve had the upper hand for quite a lot of it, but with some contentious refereeing Port Vale are ripe for being given a win.

Referee aside we should win this.

I thought Cashin was lucky to get a free kick against Ikpeazu in the box 

Just now, Srg said:

With the space he has, if he could take it and stride forward to draw out defenders to meet him it would change the game. But he can’t do that. 

It’s tough because they’re are so compact and not giving us space in any forward area, so we’ve found it tough on the wings too. Maybe TJJ or Sibley to help us centrally would do wonders. 

Good shout. Potentially set up for one of Barkhuizen’s good games, his occasional guile might help unlock their defence. 
I just feel too many of our players lack conviction in those key moments to play the pass with purpose or get the shot away. A tiny bit more belief and intensity should see us win this.

7 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Playing OK. So much more quality in our team than theirs but are we set up to use it? At times we do but it doesn't feel like a concerted effort .

Ikpeazu is f****** dogshit, can't believe some people thought we should sign him.

That might come back to haunt you…

Just now, DavesaRam said:

One, but we have had several. Kane Wilson is the stand-out player for me. Downside is Sean Barker - Ukpeazu bundled Cashin to the ground and Barker thinks Cashin was lucky. Hasn’t Barker ever seen the brick outhouse before? Ikpeazu is a thug who has a future on the Olympic diving board.

I thought Cashin was 'lucky' there too. But hey it's all about opinions. 😄

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

On the tv I thought Wilson, Collins, Fornah, Bird and even Forsyth have all been involved in trying to get things going. NML being the main threat but others around him too was my take, appreciate that might be different to what you’re seeing in the ground 

I saw the opposite no movement whatsoever no one willing to take a man on. Collins anomalously walking round 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

I saw the opposite no movement whatsoever no one willing to take a man on. Collins anomalously walking round 

Wilson getting doubled up on. Tried to beat them both early on, failed, and hasn't tried since. We need to find him some room, Nyambe needs to get closer maybe, to draw the extra man.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Fair enough, you’re there. Just isn’t how I’ve seen it and from other comments on this thread I don’t think I’m imagining things. Not saying we’re playing well, but there’s been a number of nearly moments and others are involved beyond NmL

Edited by Caerphilly Ram