Derby County Versus Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 - Match Day Thread ( EFL Trophy )

S8TY

40 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why not use this as an opportunity to play Sibbo in his best position, not out wide…

It'll be a starting 11 made up of players who haven't been in the side much recently (except for either Nelson or Bradley at CB alongside Cashin).
That means the likes of Forsyth, Nyambe, and Mendez-Laing will be rested.
Elder and Waghorn only returned to training on Monday, so I can't see them being risked from the start, and will likely come on for the last 20 mins.
That leaves only Ward, Wilson, Sibley and Barkhuizen and viable fullback and winger options.
An U21 player could be used on the wing to move Sibley into the middle, but that would mean one of Collins and DBrown won't start - one of which needs to top up his match fitness, the other needs to be given first team game time.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

So will I . I have been to all the Papa cup games and I will be at the Crewe replay. Why ? Because if you can’t get out of your armchair , how can you moan that the club can’t afford to buy a decent striker . About 3,000 tonight and about 8,000 v Crewe ? Are we really such a “Massive “ club?

I reckon 3,000 tonight and 8,000 against Crewe wouldn't be too bad. If that doesn't make us "massive" (assuming that is important to some) then so be it. 

Regarding not having the right to "moan that the club can't afford to buy a decent striker" if we don't attend, what rubbish. As you can probably guess, I won't be there for either game but, as a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember, I think I've got nearly as much right to complain (if that's what I wanted to do) as folk attending these games. Having said that, credit to those that will be attending. 

The only players benefiting from this will be Wolves U21's - unless of course Warne does include at least half of the U21's/U18's in his squad.

A competition without Premier League first teams but designed to strengthen Premier League first teams. 

I'm surprised we've sold 3000 tickets tbh. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Fair play to you . But what about fans who could take kids to their first game ?Don’t  let them support City or Liverpool. Our fan base does seem to be ageing rapidly .

I was replying to a post saying folk should go rather than watch it on telly to put cash into the club's coffers. The stream is dearer than a ticket...

1 hour ago, angieram said:

That's a fair point and not criticising you, as I know you put a lot of effort and expense into coming over to see Derby play live, but surely bums on seats in the stadium will help create a better atmosphere to spur our young lads on to the win? 

Plus most people who attend spend money in the concourse, too. 

Merely a reply to the post saying go rather than watch on TV pointing out that the stream costs more than a ticket. My two, now aged 29 and 31, were born 15 miles from the Ajax ground and they support.... DCFC (and England). They too, will be at the Reading and Bolton matches in March. Also bringing my brother in law for his 6th Rams game and 2 friends to their first. "Spread the word, keep the faith" is my mantra

Edited by MadAmster

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The only players benefiting from this will be Wolves U21's - unless of course Warne does include at least half of the U21's/U18's in his squad.

A competition without Premier League first teams but designed to strengthen Premier League first teams. 

I'm surprised we've sold 3000 tickets tbh. 

The under 18s have an important FA cup game on Friday.

We haven’t sold 3,000 tickets.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

For the price of 3 pints , you can get a Wolves and Crewe match ticket. 

Sounds good.

Problem is, I either

a) Go by myself, which means using a train for both games which is around £30 a pop, plus potentially hotel for tonight depending when the last train is.

or

b) Bring the Mrs and a 2 and 3 year old, add the petrol money, bribes to get them to sit and watch the game the game without getting bored.

or finally 

c) Just enjoy the 3 pints with the game on my phone?

Dilemma Idk GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

1 minute ago, David said:

Sounds good.

Problem is, I either

a) Go by myself, which means using a train for both games which is around £30 a pop, plus potentially hotel for tonight depending when the last train is.

or

b) Bring the Mrs and a 2 and 3 year old, add the petrol money, bribes to get them to sit and watch the game the game without getting bored.

or finally 

c) Just enjoy the 3 pints with the game on my phone?

Dilemma Idk GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

It's good that you now have genuine reasons for missing games.

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

1 hour ago, Srg said:

You willing to sort me finishing work earlier and get a babysitter for me to go watch these meaningless games Mr Number 1 Fan?

I could give you a job , if you are ok working on roofs through the Winter . And I would let you go early on match nights , if that helps ?

49 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The under 18s have an important FA cup game on Friday.

We haven’t sold 3,000 tickets.

There will be some surprises tonight. 

18 hours ago, S8TY said:

Wednesday 8th November  

Pride Park Stadium  - Kick Off 19:00

Opponents    Wolverhampton Wanderers U21

Current Group Standings 

P   W   D   L    GD   PTS

1 Derby County            2   2     0   0    3       6

2 Lincoln City               2   1     0    1    0       3

3 Wolves                      2    1    0     1    -1      3

4 Notts County            2    0   0    2     -2     0

So after a close FA Cup 1st round battle at Crewe we move onto the EFL Trophy against Wolves U21 at Pride Park.

I never quite know what to make of these sort of games but for me just reminds me of the level we are currently at ( we really do need to get out of this division !!) I have to admit i have not taken much interest in this competition so far this season but we look like we will progress in the tournament .

This game will no doubt give Paul Warne a chance to try a few players out with the main priority being the big game on saturday at home to Barnsley.

So i expect quite a few changes including Vickers in goal and maybe starts for Sibley,Fornah and a few others who have not played as much recently.

I think this game has probably come to early to give Thommo and JJ a run out although Warne has said they are both back running on the grass.

Hopefully for continuity it would be nice to stay on our unbeaten run and go into the game on saturday in a positive way.

Apologies for lack of stats on Wolves U21 but I will be back on form for the Barnsley yardstick tester on saturday after we win this game 

COYR

... Brought to you in association with Bristol Street Motors

FTFY by adding that bold bit on the end!  👀

17 hours ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

Vickers

Smith.     Bardell.     Bradley.    Elder

Wilson.     Robinson.  Fornah.   Barks

Sibley

Brown

Thought bardell was injured ?