Derby County Versus Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 - Match Day Thread ( EFL Trophy )

S8TY

I would expect us to go with something along the lines of -

Vickers - Ward Cashin Bradley Wilson - Fornah Robinson - Sibley Collins Barkhuizen - Brown

Loach Nelson Elder Smith Bird Radcliffe Davidson Washington Waghorn

Does it go to h2h or goal difference if level on points? If it is h2h then we're through whatever the score

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Vickers - Ward Cashin Bradley Wilson - Fornah Robinson - Sibley Collins Barkhuizen - Brown

Does it go to h2h or goal difference if level on points? If it is h2h then we're through whatever the score

It’s goal difference first 

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Points obviously, then goal difference, then goals scored, then head to head.

A one goal defeat would see us through at the top of the group, a two goal defeat would see us behind Lincoln on goal difference and behind Wolves on head to head.

Top of the group gets a home draw in the knockout stage.

11 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Nope, I'll be here.

So will I . I have been to all the Papa cup games and I will be at the Crewe replay. Why ? Because if you can’t get out of your armchair , how can you moan that the club can’t afford to buy a decent striker . About 3,000 tonight and about 8,000 v Crewe ? Are we really such a “Massive “ club?

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So will I . I have been to all the Papa cup games and I will be at the Crewe replay. Why ? Because if you can’t get out of your armchair , how can you moan that the club can’t afford to buy a decent striker . About 3,000 tonight and about 8,000 v Crewe ? Are we really such a “Massive “ club?

Here in Amsterdam I have an annual subscription to RamsTV and will be watching from my armchair. Flown back for 2 games this season so far. Back in March for Reading and Bolton. Will do between 2 and 4 more games during the season.

With regard to the bit in bold. East Stand tickets tonight are £6, RamsTV stream is a tenner... Stay home, buy the stream and you increase the club's cash flow 

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Dont draws go to penalties? Not sure how many points you get for winning/losing them though. 

You get 2 points for a penalty win.  Wolves need 3 or Derby are through.  A 1 goal defeat sees us through but a 2 goal defeat sees us out and Wolves and Lincoln through 

Edited by Curtains
Predictive text

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Dont draws go to penalties? Not sure how many points you get for winning/losing them though. 

One point for a draw, one extra point for winning the penalty shootout, which would be irrelevant because Derby would already be through and Wolves would already be out.

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

Here in Amsterdam I have an annual subscription to RamsTV and will be watching from my armchair. Flown back for 2 games this season so far. Back in March for Reading and Bolton. Will do between 2 and 4 more games during the season.

With regard to the bit in bold. East Stand tickets tonight are £6, RamsTV stream is a tenner... Stay home, buy the stream and you increase the club's cash flow 

Fair play to you . But what about fans who could take kids to their first game ?Don’t  let them support City or Liverpool. Our fan base does seem to be ageing rapidly .

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

That's a fair point and not criticising you, as I know you put a lot of effort and expense into coming over to see Derby play live, but surely bums on seats in the stadium will help create a better atmosphere to spur our young lads on to the win? 

Plus most people who attend spend money in the concourse, too. 

54 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I can understand a smaller crowd tonight. Not everyone has spare money to use to fund a wolves academy development game. I bet we have one of the bigger crowds Vs an academy side too, so yes we are absolutely massive.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Vickers

Ward   Nelson   Cashin   Wilson

Barkhuizen   DRobinson   Fornah   Sibley

Collins   DBrown

Subs: Wildsmith, Bradley, Elder, Hourihane, Bird, Washington, Waghorn

Why not use this as an opportunity to play Sibbo in his best position, not out wide…

Going off the tactics that Warne is seemingly trying to play, I'd be going with something like:

Vickers
   Ward  Nelson  Bradley  Elder
                    D. Robinson
           Sibley            Fornah
Wilson                                 Barks
                      Collins

Fornah and D. Robinson playing the Hourihane / Bird role of interchanging as an Anchor, Sibley playing the Smith role of being the most advanced / overlapping CM