Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

Just now, DiggerB said:

Could be worse, we could be Pompey! Oh….no….wait….

Exactly.

We had 32 shots but according to some on here all we did was put crosses in that didn't find a target. Only 8 on goal but there were a fair number of good blocks from their defenders. 

I thought particularly in the second half we tried really hard to play with variety through the middle into the box. The ref was also very lenient with some of Crewe's "marking" and they did seem to have the rub of the green with loose balls, ricochets etc.

Pompey, as you say are out to a non-league club. 

We kept going. Luckily the players panicked less than some on here and we have a replay against a team doing well in League Two, and with much younger players than us. 

But for some very poor defending for their first goal, I thought we did okay. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Warne sets the game plan. It's like they had collectively forgotten what worked against Northampton.

How many aimless crosses got headed away without a Derby shirt anywhere near it? The two goals we actually scored were when the ball was on the deck and moved at pace.

The players play the way they are told.

Can't believe what robots our players are. Can't they think for themselves? Warne told them precisely what to do vs Northampton, they follow his instructions to the letter, and we win easily and play good stuff.

Then for sone reason today, he tells them to play totally differently and we are 2-0 down to Crewe reserves. Thank god Warne woke up in the final 5 mins and told them how to score 2 goals. But, you have to ask, why did Warne tell them the players to keep scuffing their shots for 85 mins plus?

Anyway, the future is bright, our squad is worth a fortune. No group of footballers has ever been able to follow out precise instructions so perfectly. We can sell them each for millions.

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I think Crewe got away with that one.

We totally dominated the game.

We have a lot to answer for with the shocking defending which allowed them to score twice, and given how easily they caved under real pressure, we very clearly didn't set up the right way to break them down. That's all incredibly disappointing from our side.

But 2-2 overall does flatter Crewe, even accounting for how hard they worked.

I meant 2-0 down until the 88th minute - we got away with it in terms of shooting at the goal as Crewe’s efforts were very decent ours weren’t 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah buts thats probably because you wasnt praying for a defeat so you could spend the next 6 days moaning about the manager.

No. I'll moan about the manager either way because I believe that he is fundamentally flawed and the wrong fit for our club. Our aspirations as a club exceed his ability to meet them.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We absolutely dominated. Crewe did literally two things in an attacking sense and scored twice. Never seen such one sided stats and not won. 71% possession and 33 shots. Up the Rams. 

Wonder what the people that wanted us to have more possession because that will win us games make of this?

Sure they've moved on to the next thing to moan about...his interviews maybe, his hat possibly 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No. I'll moan about the manager either way because I believe that he is fundamentally flawed and the wrong fit for our club. Our aspirations as a club exceed his ability to meet them.

Moan away. The rest of us, including the person that matters most will carry on supporting him.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have the players to play on the deck and through midfield. The stats back up our strengths and weaknesses. 🙂

More composure needed, A bit of guile, Less step overs from NML and a back line that can defend, Their 1st goal was shocking, Their 2nd goal was shocking.

I had the game on my Laptop and watched the Crusades on TV, The slaughter of the Crusades was more entertaining 😁   

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wonder what the people that wanted us to have more possession because that will win us games make of this?

Sure they've moved on to the next thing to moan about...his interviews maybe, his hat possibly 

I do think those huge poppies on the armbands are rather OTT. It's only Bonfire night too, plus I not even done my Xmas shopping.

Just now, TheTinMan said:

Sorry but that game doesn't end 2-2 if their keeper didnt spill Nats daisy cutter. Their heads and legs went after that. We lose that 2-0 and you can forget your 32 shots which probably had a collective XG of 2 goals

Well he did spill it and it did end 2-2 so every other stat is irrelevant, as it has been in football since the game began.