Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I didn’t know we’d signed Elder’s mate? Was it recent? Or a recommendation from one of the players (presumably Elder), like Waghorn was?

Elder is bang average but to rest Foz you have to play him now he is fit. 

The rules seem to be basically " you can't try and get out of  this tinpot competition by playing your U18's and losing 3-0 accidently on purpose. If you do we'll fine you two weeks of Hourihanes wages and that'll teach ya"

A competition where they set out fines for trying to lose.  Clearly held in high regard by all.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Let me get this right… we could play players on loan from other category one academies without them needing to have played the game before or after, or satisfying the appearances required, but we can’t just play our own lads from our own category one academy?

These regulations were really not written for a league one club with a category one academy. 

I’d take the 15k hit in EFL fines and let the first team have at least 3 fewer games a season*

*I look forward to getting my ticket for Wembley! 😜

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The rules seem to be basically " you can't try and get out of  this tinpot competition by playing your U18's and losing 3-0 accidently on purpose. If you do we'll fine you two weeks of Hourihanes wages and that'll teach ya"

A competition where they set out fines for trying to lose.  Clearly held in high regard by all.

If you’re not interested why post, and if you are interested try posting on the right thread 😉

25 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If you’re not interested why post, and if you are interested try posting on the right thread 😉

I'm just following the trend of the post for the last 7 or 8 hours and giving an opinion to other opinions placed as is the way of an open forum. Seems I'm certainly not the only one happy to vent at the absurdity of this competition.