January Reinforcements

sage

Whilst i would have loved a new striking option,I do believe that in waghorn,wash and Collins we have enough firepower going forwards.

The most crucial problem warne has fixed was having a new enforcer in the midfield who also had the proven capacity to score goals.

I think we will see an immediate improvement once teams realise that we don't have a soft midfield underbelly anymore.

Hopefully we will see the benefits tomorrow 🤞

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Indeed any budget is by definition restricted and so given a chunk was used in the summer, January was going to be a residual.

I wasn't intending to pounce on your post, but a number of comments have been made about EFL restrictions, which hint at hopes of a future material uplift. I am merely questioning that really is the owner's intent.

Managing to the budget has to be the responsibility of all. We appear to have done so poorly imo. I understand that some players are not Warnes signings but he's been playing them nonetheless, rather than shipping out. It's the recruitment gambles and injuries which are draining the coffers as we're getting zilch for all the outlay.

The lot of them need to up their game significantly.

It may not be the owners intent you’re right, but Warne will have a much bigger chunk of budget to play with this summer if he wants with those players I mention out of contract

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but in the position we are in we cant just go out and replace him.

We took a risk extending his loan, I'd imagine with a view to persuading him to join us next season, and it has backfired.

Tough titty. We have to accept injuries as part of the game and also understand the reason we have been getting players prone to injuries.

he must have trained like ronaldo,because he did nothing on the pitch to warrant a stay

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We have Barkhuizen and NML who could play up top if we were desperate. 

Then we have Washington and Waghorn returning from injury.

Then we could use u21 strikers.

So its ridiculous to say that we've got nobody.

Wag and wash sounds like there about 3 weeeks away then also having to get match fit, barkhuizen i agree i would like to see more of him in that role. Nml is hit and miss down the middle better out wide

Credit where it’s due- I thought PW’s interview today was good. Told it as it was. Still feel the Club overall perhaps didn’t get everything right re the striker issue but, hey, I don’t know all the ins and outs and it’s always easy to criticize after the event or from the bleechers….

So, we move on …….

COYR 🐏 

I think Warne’s update this afternoon also to some degree validates Big Trav’s credentials as an ITK (for those who feel it needs validating personally I appreciate the info he posts). He was on here yesterday mentioning a medical pencilled in for a name (that wasn’t Lee Gregory or Michael Smith), clearly we did have someone the club had kept under wraps lined up and it didn’t happen. Maybe one day BT will reveal the player 😉. Keep on posting what you know and what you can BT. 

Corey Blackett-Taylor - Stats and titles won - 23/24

Current season statistics (2023/2024). 78% Impacting goals 9 Goals. 50% Impacting assists 6 Assists. 30 Played matches 2460 Minutes played.

Could he be our striker if coĺlins needs a rest.

Desperate to know who the Championship forward was that was on his way to us and then wasn't at the 11th hour.

Obviously wasn't Ennis as Warne says the Champ manager decided to keep him in the end. 

I don't think it was Gregory/Smith either because those deals tanked quite early and this sounded like it was all going well until very late.

Looking at the list of Championship clubs, one does't come to mind. Who could it be?

My wild guess would be Kayden Jackson at Ipswich. Or perhaps a Scott Hogan at Birmingham? Hmm. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we exclude our U18/21 signings:

22/23:
19 yeo Rooney
19 yo Oduroh who was given limited game time by Rosenior, then binned off by Warne

21/22:
None signed

20/21:
22 yo winger - cost £4m, sold for £2m

19/20:
21 yo Bielik - cost £8m, sold for up to £1m

18/19:
None signed

17/18:
None signed

16/17:
None signed

Up until 2019, MM gambled on the experienced route. Some players such as Lawrence and Holmes just missed the age cut off. Whilst the plan was for any signigns aged 21 or youngesr to come throguh the U18/21/23 squads first - Hutchinson, Plange, Ebiowei (all excluded from my list)

So the rationale was the chairman who wanted instant success ? Could that not have been applied at PWs time at Rotherham ? 

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

We could of kept brown tho. At least until we managed to sign someone. I do think its a good move for brown but if we dont get someone on a free now we are struggling

The Brown loan to Gateshead includes a 28 day notice call back, but if Collins gets injured this Saturday, we would wait 4 weeks to get him back!!!!

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Desperate to know who the Championship forward was that was on his way to us and then wasn't at the 11th hour.

Obviously wasn't Ennis as Warne says the Champ manager decided to keep him in the end. 

I don't think it was Gregory/Smith either because those deals tanked quite early and this sounded like it was all going well until very late.

Looking at the list of Championship clubs, one does't come to mind. Who could it be?

My wild guess would be Kayden Jackson at Ipswich. Or perhaps a Scott Hogan at Birmingham? Hmm. 

He said a young lad so I think it’s one of Kion Etete from Cardiff or Harry Leonard at Blackburn. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Potentially, if the Rotherham chairman classes instant relegation from the Championship as success.

And young players don't guarantee that ? 
Seems strange that you use it as a stick to beat him with, yet our time under our previous chairman seems to be a similar theme ?

I get pboro have a good track record, but realistically how many good young players have we signed over the years that have gone onto better things, the only time you could argue when we had no alternative.

It may be utopia but it seems an unfair barometer that seems a more long term plan than someone who has been tasked of getting us out this league. 

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think Warne’s update this afternoon also to some degree validates Big Trav’s credentials as an ITK (for those who feel it needs validating personally I appreciate the info he posts). He was on here yesterday mentioning a medical pencilled in for a name (that wasn’t Lee Gregory or Michael Smith), clearly we did have someone the club had kept under wraps lined up and it didn’t happen. Maybe one day BT will reveal the player 😉. Keep on posting what you know and what you can BT. 

Big Trav = Clinton Baptiste

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Then why the f*** do you think he’s had a season ticket for years. Surmising what exactly.

Might i suggest you save such anger for actual important issues in life? As I said it wasn't an accusation, just wondering whether it was a good bit of PR at the time.

I would have thought we learnt our lesson on 100% trusting local lads in charge. Or just because he saved the club should he be exempt from anything other than blind faith?