January Reinforcements

sage

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not to be different, just because I respect that a local businessman has rescued us from the mire and, despite losing millions in the first 9 months, on top of his £50m + original outlay, already has some fans screaming for more.

Yes, the same fans that in hindsight lambasted MM for his reckless spending.

Yes, the same fans that have spent most of the season saying how great our squad is and are being held back by our poor manager.

So, yes, if going against is standing up against these spoilt brats who want everything I'm happy to do that. 

If we can't afford someone within our business plan, then we don't buy, it’s a simple as that. 

Thats fine but at no point since the summer has that been the message from the club so people are going to be disappointed.

If they’re at the limit of the business plan then just say that? Don’t tell everyone two weeks ago you’ve put in a very good offer for Michael Smith. If he is the only player they could identify with this very good offer then what on earth is going on. 

The optics of selling Bird are bad too. I’m sure it makes sense and the club shouldn’t be run on how things look externally, I admit, but it isn’t great. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Warne been banging on about a striker for literal months, pissing around with grandads from Sheffield. Then we end up with absolutely nothing, other than shipping out the only backup striker we had. Something doesn’t add up whatsoever. 

The rest of the business has been fine and understandable. This just doesn’t add up at all. Why fixate on two old blokes from one club? Why has it taken til the last day? Why be so brazen about what you wanted just to be left with egg on your face? I struggle to believe the party line we will be fed about getting in players who will improve us. It’s just not true. If Collins gets injured Saturday we are up the creek with no paddle. 

Are the u21s playing without strikers?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed, we should definitely be gambling our future, I mean it served us so well in the past, what could possibly go wrong?

I despair.

You're clutching with that reply, it's not going to be a Mel like gamble is it, even 500k of the Bird money (if true) would be more than a sensible gamble and not one person would disagree.

8 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Am I the only one not worried about not getting a striker? We're the second highest scorers in the League and we have Washington and Waghorn coming back soon. I think we will be fine, keep the faith. 🐏

I’m on the same page as you. I’d have liked us to sign a striker for sure, but don’t think it’s as terrible as some are making out (whilst respecting their right to that opinion).

We’ve added a couple of players, have some to come back from injury. All I can do now is wait and see how the season unfolds. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Feel for Paul Warne tonight. He has been totally let down by the club here. Not a chance he would have wanted to end the window like this. Awful stuff. 

He’s the reason we can’t bring in premier league loans in. No other managers trust him with their decent players. 
the on my loans we’ve had are crocks or rejects going nowhere in their careers. 

Just now, nottingram said:

Thats fine but at no point since the summer has that been the message from the club so people are going to be disappointed.

If they’re at the limit of the business plan then just say that? Don’t tell everyone two weeks ago you’ve put in a very good offer for Michael Smith. If he is the only player they could identify with this very good offer then what on earth is going on. 

The optics of selling Bird are bad too. I’m sure it makes sense and the club shouldn’t be run on how things look externally, I admit, but it isn’t great. 

It was said last week when we signed CBT, that the reason he was signed on loan is because there was not enough left in the permanent signings pot unless we sold someone. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not to be different, just because I respect that a local businessman has rescued us from the mire and, despite losing millions in the first 9 months, on top of his £50m + original outlay, already has some fans screaming for more.

Yes, the same fans that in hindsight lambasted MM for his reckless spending.

Yes, the same fans that have spent most of the season saying how great our squad is and are being held back by our poor manager.

So, yes, if going against is standing up against these spoilt brats who want everything I'm happy to do that. 

If we can't afford someone within our business plan, then we don't buy, its a simple as that. 

He’s great for saving us but doesn’t mean we can’t question some of the decisions he makes. 
the keeping on of Stephen Pearce for one. Coming out backing the manager and then stating he will be backed in January and has failed to deliver. In an interview saying we have a near top 2 budget yet lately it looks more like a mid table league 1 budget. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are the u21s playing without strikers?

So you want to play the back up under 21 strikers, as the first choice is the one we loaned out? That seems like a solid strategy. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yes I agree - the silence is very strange 

But I’m deciding to take that in a way that suggests something is happening. We do normally get an indication that nothing is happening when the journos know. I’m guessing they haven’t been told anything yet because the club are STILL trying…

Said multiple times in the past that this window will determine whether we go up or not. Look how Portsmouth and Bolton have strengthened. This could cost us automatics.

also found the strange vague post from @MACKWORTHRAMearlier a bit concerning…

Nothing to be concerned about mate. It's good news.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

So you want to play the back up under 21 strikers, as the first choice is the one we loaned out? That seems like a solid strategy. 

I don't know much about the u21 strikers, that is why I asked the question. 

My only real recollection is that Warne was an awful manager 2 or 3 weeks ago for not playing Weston?

Edited by G STAR RAM

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

It was said last week when we signed CBT, that the reason he was signed on loan is because there was not enough left in the permanent signings pot unless we sold someone. 

Ok?

It was also said we put in a very good offer for a striker (a loan offer I assume) which didn’t transpire. So presumably they couldn’t identify a single other striker to direct said resources too.

We also did sell someone. Presumably for a very good fee.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I cant stand the entitled attitude of some of our fanbase.

Because them pots are limited and the players we went after were not available within our constraints?

I don’t think it’s entitled for the fans to want a striker in, a position that everyone, including the manager had highlighted as a priority.

Plenty of clubs in this league with less money than us signed a striker. We needed bodies in as we literally have no fit backups. 
This month was purely and simply a failure 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

There’s nothing hysterical about being furious that the club has failed to sign a player in a position that was deemed the biggest priority before the window began. It’s pathetic from all involved. Not the first time it’s happened either.

Name names then as obviously you have more of an insider knowledge then the average fan - who are "all involved" 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

He’s great for saving us but doesn’t mean we can’t question some of the decisions he makes. 
the keeping on of Stephen Pearce for one. Coming out backing the manager and then stating he will be backed in January and has failed to deliver. In an interview saying we have a near top 2 budget yet lately it looks more like a mid table league 1 budget. 

Imagine if he isn't the die hard derby supporter we were told he was? Puts a whole new spin on things... (not accusing btw, just surmising) 

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

What about CBT who was apparently linked to championship clubs. 

Curtis Nelson, Sonny Bradley and Ryan Nyambe who apparently had championship interest.

this “pull” narrative is such bs. Nearly every player who signs for us says how current players have told them to sign because of how good it is. If players didn’t like Warne I don’t think they’d be telling mates to come to the club.

Same thing happened in the summer ppl saying mcgoldrick left because of Warne but him and Warne still talk regularly. 

Its a lazy made up argument fans go along with because they don’t like Warne for his style of football etc.

You say that but Adam Bolder seemed to think that would be a factor for some players.    

It's part of the package - some players will care about the size of the club, some the style of play, how far away it is and of course money.   Young loanees might even look at how much game time Osula et al got.