January Reinforcements

sage

People saying we're stronger now at the end of the window, but before it opened we said we needed a striker, we've since lost our only two backups in TJJ and Brown, and only have one fit centre forward at the club.

People joked as we went along that we'd reach this point and say "we tried but couldn't get it over the line", but I didn't think anyone was serious. For that to be the eventual outcome smacks of a remarkable level of incompetence. Is the recruitment guy still in his probationary period? Surely not worth keeping on. And such a shame Warne has no ability of his own, or contacts in the game, to attract players. 

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Just read this, too late to check accuracy but pretty damning fact. 

"The transfer window has officially slammed shut, meaning that Derby now won't have signed a striker under the age of 30 on a permanent deal for SIX YEARS."

Marriott I guess

Something seriously isn’t right at the moment. I don’t even believe this is on Warne but the people above him. We as fans just seem to be fed constant lies at the moment. Feeling very disconnected at the moment. I’m sure I’ll find out what happened tomorrow and tell you all but right now I’m a bit deflated to be honest. Hope you all have a happy Friday 🙂

1 minute ago, strawhillram said:

At least Warne hasn’t wasted the club’s money on a crock. And wendies didn’t hold us to ransom

Perhaps Clowes didn’t want Warne to waste what was in those pots …perhaps he’s seen enough 

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

So Dom said we’re done for the window. Unless we sign Dwight Gayle on a free over next few days we’ve a tough few weeks to slog through. 

Hope fans realize Warne will just be as annoyed as us. Poor from the club to not get a deal done with any striker. 

The players have to be interested in coming as well. Come on there was easily time today to get a better striking option than Lee Gregory if we had a manager with a pull factor would have jumped at the chance to play for us. When rosenior was here players turned down championship clubs to come here 

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not wishing to be a party pooper but Barkhuizen said when he joined he was looking forward to playing out wide as he was crap as a ten or up top and would rather eat his own turds than do it. Alright I added the turd bit but the rest is true.  

I thought he’d done an interview with Rams TV early in the season that he didn’t expect to be here in his preferred central position 🤷‍♂️.

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Perhaps Clowes didn’t want Warne to waste what was in those pots …perhaps he’s seen enough 

Could be saving up to pay him off and bring in a proper manager 😏

Edited by strawhillram

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Something seriously isn’t right at the moment. I don’t even believe this is on Warne but the people above him. We as fans just seem to be fed constant lies at the moment. Feeling very disconnected at the moment. I’m sure I’ll find out what happened tomorrow and tell you all but right now I’m a bit deflated to be honest. Hope you all have a happy Friday 🙂

Appreciate it as always Trav, have a good weekend.

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Thanks @Big Trav yes something doesn’t t apppear right quite embarrassing and other rivals will be laughing …

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Why would we sign another midfielder we have about 8

If you can't outscore you may as well out bully to try and get results.  I think we have 6.  One grossly overated and already in a red shirt. One who's injured for a long time and the mythical Fornah who's crap included. He has great form in this division for Plymouth and Sunderland with back to back promotions.  Would have been a good signing.

Disappointing but some of the reactions are, as usual, a little OTT.
Even with all our massive constraints and limitations, and DC’s desire to run the club sustainably (something some fans don’t really want to see because it means we have to live within  our means and not fritter money away) it’s still a little surprising there’s not a soul out there who could come in and do a job. But hey ho. Maybe we just don’t have the cash or pulling power. I’m not going to start slagging the club off over it. We got to spitting of autos with what what we have. Going to be tricky to do the next step without that extra striker, but who knows. Not the end of the world. 

Edited by LazloW