January Reinforcements

sage

The more I think about the Jonson Clarke-Harris thing, the less likely I think it might happen. Their chairman is all mouth, and boy does he love himself. It may well be we think we're deep in good faith negotiations to sign JCH before the deadline, but I would not be surprised for a second if MacAnthony turns round at 11pm and says "of course I'd be mad to sell a star striker to our promotion rivals - I was just stringing them along so they didn't buy anyone else". Time will tell...

24 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Agreed on Smith, should have picked him for nothing when he was out of contract at Cambridge. Looks like Azeez is on his way to Plymouth mind...

The problem is that if a player has his heart set on a certain move for one reason or another you've got a lot on to change their mind.

Even knowing Reading were a mess he still chose to go and sign for them along with his fellow Cambridge freebie Knibbs, similarly May was always going to go to Charlton. What can you do in those circumstances?

If anyone else came in for CBT they'd have had the same problem.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

The more I think about the Jonson Clarke-Harris thing, the less likely I think it might happen. Their chairman is all mouth, and boy does he love himself. It may well be we think we're deep in good faith negotiations to sign JCH before the deadline, but I would not be surprised for a second if MacAnthony turns round at 11pm and says "of course I'd be mad to sell a star striker to our promotion rivals - I was just stringing them along so they didn't buy anyone else". Time will tell...

But maybe they want Sibley or Fornah and a swap could be on the cards 🤷 would look different altogether if they think they’re getting a good deal 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

£2.5 mill for a player , you can have for free in a few month , and stays anyway - Incredible result . Would have guessed at £0.5 tops . 

He would not of been free. As has been said many times we would have been entitled to a substantial development fee which is why DCFC could knock back low ball bids 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

I’m choosing to look on the positive and my glass is half-full.  The Bird deal didn’t just crop up today.  Talks ongoing for probably a week or more.  It obviously wasn’t dependent on getting the Adam’s deal done as it’s a loan back.  Although I do wonder if we have view to a permanent with Adam’s.

I wonder if we’ve been in discussions about a permanent striker over the last week or so. And it’s a case of if we can get a striker in our price range, we’re prepared to sell Bird now to fund it.  Plus, as it stands the only striker we have on the books next season is Washington, so it would ease the summer window.  I guess we’ll find out in the next 3-4 hours.

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

But maybe they want Sibley or Fornah and a swap could be on the cards 🤷 would look different altogether if they think they’re getting a good deal 

Word is Sibbo's wages are too high, which I'm pleased about as I'd hate him to go there and shoot them to promotion and be sold for millions to a lower Prem team for Peterborough to profit. Maybe they want Wardy back?

Just now, Big Trav said:

So not great news unfortunately, Niall Ennis was the player booked in today for a loan to buy. However he got a late bid and looks to be off to Stoke. Can only imagine we are scrambling around to find someone 

Brilliant.