January Reinforcements

sage

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I took it to mean “so long as the people involved with pursuing and making signings at the club are attempting to do so then who cares whether it’s reported in the press or not”…. But I could have been mistaken 

I am sure you werent 😂

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

For me I think Fornah is very limited and I have no idea what Warne saw in him to give him a permanent contract - when he came on as a late substitute in the Wigan away game he appeared to have a very can’t be bothered  attitude and completely didn’t mark his man or challenge for the ball at all leaving Forsyth being overloaded and giving Wigan easy opportunities to put the ball in the box which could have cost us the win. Three days later we played at OXFORD and Fornah was put through a long period running and chasing individually by a coach two hours before kick off which was very strange and no fitness test which resulted in him not being selected even for the bench that day. I think he has annoyed Warne to the point of wanting rid of him - just an opinion but maybe he is not a warne Good egg 

Wants rid but subbed him on on Saturday?  Good one.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Well nothing happening so back to this. Please are you subtly suggesting there is drama going on or have I gone all conspiracy theory in the boredom of no transfer gossip?

Sorry - I have no idea as to what's going on  🤔

The window, like last January has been an overhyped shitshow.

I have no idea what we saw in John Jules to extend the loan, then send Brown out (without getting Waghorn fit).

The thing which I can't fathom is we have limited forward options, yet Tony Weston etc will get totally dismissed a place on the bench despite scoring goals in the u21s and looking like someone who is different to what we have.

Zero insensitive IMO.

Edited by Papahet

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Apparently we've snuck in a new midfield signing that's gone completely under the radar:

The young midfielder from Wigan must have had a very impressive debut! 🤣🤣

Must have been part of the swap deal which resulted in Cashik being in the TotW for them last week 

Edited by Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Tom Ince available on loan, would 100% bring him back if we let Ward leave. Ince would be quality at this level imo

1 million percent not a Warne player or could we afford his wages 

With Sheffield Wednesday bidding for a striker I can see them letting Smith go if they are able to get their man. It will probably be a minute before the deadline but that’s what I can see Warne waiting for. It will be utter madness not bringing in a midfielder as well. Hoping Ward and Smith both leave. 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

1 million percent not a Warne player or could we afford his wages 

It would be a loan so i guess we would only offer what we could afford.

As for a Warne type player, I think Ince got tarnished as a lazy player but he wasnt. His body language isnt always the best but you could also say that about NML

I wonder if something changed last minute with our finances, perhaps since the release of our accounts?

The noises leading up to January, similar to last year, were that we would be strengthening across the pitch.  I am sure Leigh Curtis had provided some positive updates leading up to Jan.

Warne was talking again about how he doesn't need to sell the club to players, they want to join.

Clowes was saying Warne had funds to strengthen.

Bids had gone in for players, Warne was watching someone who had been recommended to him, the ones we want would be starters and not squad players, etc.

Brown went out on loan, which surely was done on the understanding someone was about to join, otherwise it is a strange decision.

So what has changed? Were we shopping in Harrods with a quid all along, have our targets decided to go elsewhere, or has the rug been pulled from under us?