January Reinforcements

sage

It pains me to say it, but if we aren't signing anyone good, we may as well not sign anyone at all.

This year really is about quality, not quantity. I'd be offended if Warne signed kids from other clubs on loan when we seemed to have our own decent lads ready to play.

Top 2 looked a really possibility, but the last few weeks, especially lack of urgency in the window, have curbed that possibility for me.

May aswell keep our powder dry, see if by some miracle we go up this year and if not, hope our summer recruitment is a damn sight better than last years, hopefully helped by the sale of Bird and Cashin.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It pains me to say it, but if we aren't signing anyone good, we may as well not sign anyone at all.

This year really is about quality, not quantity. I'd be offended if Warne signed kids from other clubs on loan when we seemed to have our own decent lads ready to play.

Top 2 looked a really possibility, but the last few weeks, especially lack of urgency in the window, have curbed that possibility for me.

May aswell keep our powder dry, see if by some miracle we go up this year and if not, hope our summer recruitment is a damn sight better than last years, hopefully helped by the sale of Bird and Cashin.

You do know we are 3 points from the top of the league with a game in hand.

If we're being out bid by the likes of Bolton and Portsmouth(embargo still here)then who are we after?, An aging CF or CM, Maybe a shelf filler...yes shelf filler...someone to come in who's struggling in their parent squad...you know like those aisles that Aldi and Lidl have cheap and cheerful but not much use cop after you've had them a week 😉

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You do know we are 3 points from the top of the league with a game in hand.

You may wish to check that table again.

We DID have a game in hand, but we ballsed it up if you remember.

We have played the same as Pompey and it is everyone else who has a game (or 2) in hand on us.

We threw the advantage away and continue to play very badly.

So my points still remain.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A midfield 3 of Powell, Van Der Laan and Carsley was always friendly.

Met the football legend Darryl Powell on a domestic flight back from Spain 

I was with my West Ham mates and after summoning up the courage to speak to him at the baggage reclaim he asked me if I was also a West Ham fan and I said no and explained myself being a Derby fan 

he was brilliant to talk to very humble and grounded and said he was a massive West Ham fan but would have followed TBE anywhere as he said at pompey he was inspirational and like a father figure and incredibly funny and honest …I asked him what he thought about the  “ Darryl Powell’s a football genius” chant and he said he loved it with a wry smile lol top top bloke …what we’d give to have a character like him in midfield now ….great bloke and very underrated 

Edited by S8TY

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You may wish to check that table again.

We DID have a game in hand, but we ballsed it up if you remember.

We have played the same as Pompey and it is everyone else who has a game (or 2) in hand on us.

We threw the advantage away and continue to play very badly.

So my points still remain.

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bird goes on a free doesn't he?

Regarding Ward …. Why exactly did we sign him ? Hes not a RB he’s classified as a RWB and posh fans warned he was not good defensively…just why did we sign him ?? Warne obviously f***** it up thinking we would go 3 at the back so Nyambe rescued us enabling us to play 4 at the back 

I never understood why we signed Ward if we wasn’t going to have the conviction of playing 352 or 532 regularld we don’t 

hes not a bad crosser but do we need him ? I feel we’ve wasted his time and ours because he doesn’t fit 

more Warne nonsense like Fornah….lets sign him …don’t play him then possibly offload him ….christ alive …what I’d give for a manager with vision and conviction of knowing how to do it and what players are needed to do it ….dont trust any signings he makes 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bird goes on a free doesn't he?

Think we would get some sort of compensation if Bird goes at the end of the season. Only a “derisory offer” has come in for him so far , so it looks like he is staying for now.