January Reinforcements

sage

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'll stick my neck out, it isn't difficult, it's very long.

I don't think we will sign CBT, Langstaff or anyone we have heard of.

We will end up with a couple of deadline day kids on loan.

We seem to have made players, who are going to cost more than we can afford, our top targets. Basically arsing about and wasting time...similar to last year.

Prove me wrong Paul and Stephen..please.

The vast majority of January business is done at the end of the window. Especially when trying to buy a player on a permanent. 

Between the other members of the top 6 Portsmouth, Peterborough, Bolton, Barnsley and Oxford. There’s been a total of 0 permanent transfers where a fee was paid. 

and the only actual deals done are Pines to Barnsley on a free from the MLS.

Oxford signing a winger and goalie on loan to replace players they’ve lost this January and making edwards permanent on a free from Ipswich. 

And lastly Jed steer on a free to Peterborough.

I’m very confident we will get 2/3 good players in to improve us. 

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

So some more information I’ve heard.

CBT - almost done 

- Langstaff is the top striker target as is Devante Cole 

- wide players - two youngsters from Brentford  , dobra and one from Mansfield - 

CM targets are Moxon , Dobson at charlton and loan deal for a guy at Sheffield United 

If we pull Devante Cole off start calling me Meg

No Idea Idk GIF by goodfortunesonly

21 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

The vast majority of January business is done at the end of the window. Especially when trying to buy a player on a permanent. 

Between the other members of the top 6 Portsmouth, Peterborough, Bolton, Barnsley and Oxford. There’s been a total of 0 permanent transfers where a fee was paid. 

and the only actual deals done are Pines to Barnsley on a free from the MLS.

Oxford signing a winger and goalie on loan to replace players they’ve lost this January and making edwards permanent on a free from Ipswich. 

And lastly Jed steer on a free to Peterborough.

I’m very confident we will get 2/3 good players in to improve us. 

Thought Oxford had signed Goodwin for 400k from Cheltenham 🤔

In the dangerous position of suggesting a player having never seen him play or really know anything about him but...

Keanu Baccus from St Mirren, Aussie international in his mid20s described as a defensive midfielder. Almost moved to Bolton in August but it feel through for some reason. Contract up at the end of the season. On paper sounds quite handy...

Any SPL experts on the forum that might know more about him?

13 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

In the dangerous position of suggesting a player having never seen him play or really know anything about him but...

Keanu Baccus from St Mirren, Aussie international in his mid20s described as a defensive midfielder. Almost moved to Bolton in August but it feel through for some reason. Contract up at the end of the season. On paper sounds quite handy...

Any SPL experts on the forum that might know more about him?

Our record on Australians isn't the best.  We've even broken the one that was supposed to be a championship regular.  A pass from me.

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

Ladapo to Charlton - Thought we'd have been all over this if avaliable.

Why are they signing players being so far behind the top 6?

I suppose if they go on a run second half of the season they could give themselves a slim chance at the playoffs and/or carry momentum into next season. They’ve still got 60 points to play for