January Reinforcements

sage

Surprised we haven't been in for Josh Onomah or even Ravel Morrison since his release.

Exactly the type of player we've needed in midfield - Morrison should have seen his growing list of clubs and lack of form and realised this could have been his long term home.

Edited by Papahet

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Surprised we haven't been in for Josh Onomah or even Ravel Morrison since his release.

Exactly the type of player we've needed in midfield - Morrison should have seen his growing list of clubs and lack of form and realised this could have been his long term home.

I keep coming back to Josh Onomah, he ticks a few boxes - CM, only 26, free agent, has played at a higher level. Surely, a 6 month contract would be tempting.

But, I've glanced at some articles on his situation and he appears to have a lot of money in the bank, so maybe he just can't be *rsed! It seems odd that he hasn't ended up somewhere, maybe it's his injury problems.

An accepted part of transfer fees are the 'add ons', in our case promotion to the championship and throughout the leagues it could other promotions or avoiding relegation.

Let's take our situation, promotion will be worth an extra £6m minimum, so a few hundred thousand paid out on promotion will hardly be noticed. But, say we sign Moxon with this add on and we need a win on the final day of the season to guarantee promotion, Carlisle who are already relegated play a load of youngsters and collect a nice 'add on' bonus to spend on rebuilding their team in lg2. The system is open to abuse or perceived abuse.

Transfer this situation to the championship/premier promotion/relegation situation and those 'add ons' are then counted in millions.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I wonder if it's the lad from Brentford - Olakigbe - came on in the first half of extra time in their cup game vs. Wolves.

Just listened to the same clip and found a couple of points interesting. It was a wide player he went to see and a striker recommended to the club also played in the same game and did well, says other clubs are in the mix for them and can maybe offer more in terms of finances and playing time so we have to convince the clubs to loan to us. If it’s loan players that suggests prem or champ clubs right? 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just listened to the same clip and found a couple of points interesting. It was a wide player he went to see and a striker recommended to the club also played in the same game and did well, says other clubs are in the mix for them and can maybe offer more in terms of finances and playing time so we have to convince the clubs to loan to us. If it’s loan players that suggests prem or champ clubs right? 

Yeah, loan screams Champ and above to me too, but in this market I guess you can't rule anything out. Weghorst to United last season, for example.