January Reinforcements

sage

Pretty sure Lincoln fans weren’t that impressed by Diamond. Saw one say he had his best two matches against us. 

Without knowing the ins and outs of his alleged misdemeanour it’s impossible to say whether or not we should sign him. But seeing as Warne is so anal about signings having to be a Good Samaritan I somewhat doubt we’ll be in for him. 

One player I'd love for us to take a risk on would be Anthony Mancini at Hartlepool. From what I've seen and heard he's a level above any player in the National League. If we're looking for a creative midfielder, he's the man. Just look at the highlights from the weekend on his return from injury, level above.

12 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

One player I'd love for us to take a risk on would be Anthony Mancini at Hartlepool. From what I've seen and heard he's a level above any player in the National League. If we're looking for a creative midfielder, he's the man. Just look at the highlights from the weekend on his return from injury, level above.

Don’t know he fits in the team tbh watching those highlights I don’t think a single cross went higher than ankle height or anything over 2mph 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

If he's only a 'level above anything in the National League', that means he's still a level below us?

9 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I've said similar already today in one of the transfer threads, but sites like this just seem to slap our name on an article because they know it will drive engagement. It's usually based on a tweet or half arsed unnamed 'source'. We might end up signing one or two of the players we get linked with, but only because we are currently being linked with bloody everyone.

Not having a go at you @Oldben, just noticing a pattern in this window and the way it gets covered.

19 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Still not sure on what grounds Sunderland suspended him after he was charged, pending the outcome of his court case. 

The same grounds as every other employer I suspect. 

39 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've said similar already today in one of the transfer threads, but sites like this just seem to slap our name on an article because they know it will drive engagement. It's usually based on a tweet or half arsed unnamed 'source'. We might end up signing one or two of the players we get linked with, but only because we are currently being linked with bloody everyone.

Not having a go at you @Oldben, just noticing a pattern in this window and the way it gets covered.

Wrexham are flavour of the month as well when it comes to links. 

This is where local journos should earn their corn but they can’t release anything without the clubs permission I imagine.

58 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Looks like the kind of player I'd like us to sign ...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-derby-county-portsmouth-and-bolton-wanderers-make-moves-to-sign-ex-birmingham-striker-ronan-hale/

"The Belfast-born ace won the Golden Boot in Northern Ireland last season with 30 goals across all competitions.

He picked up a ligament injury during pre-season which forced him to miss the opening 11 games of the campaign, but the 22-year-old has gone on to score 11 goals in just nine starts.

He enhanced his goalscoring reputation after he notched a hat-trick in Cliftonville’s 3-0 win against Coleraine last Friday (5 January) in the Irish Cup.

Hale’s exceptional form for Birmingham’s under-21s, where he scored 28 goals in 23 appearances, earned him a promotion to the under-23s.

However, his Blues contract was terminated by mutual consent in January 2019 before his return to Belfast-based side Crusaders – his first club."

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

The same grounds as every other employer I suspect. 

Which isn't true though.

I have been involved with at least two instances of employees carrying on their normal duties without predujice pending their court cases - both instances were serious allegations, in one case the person was jailed but their job was kept open for them after they returned from their prison sentence. 

The workforce was also warned about making any sort of comments to the person on their return as it would be deemed as harassment which is gross misconduct.

This is all in the "real" employment world which football clubs seem to be exempt from.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

just noticing a pattern in this window and the way it gets covered.

... and the previous God knows how many windows. All the usual clickbait sites have us interested in a plethora of players. Whether it's a position we need new players for seems irrelevant. Whether we have an embargo on transfer fees is of no import despite the palyer's club wanting 7 figures... Their latest wheeze is suggesting players we MIGHT be interested in or listing players we won't be able to keep hold of.

Even worse, some numpties then go and post the link to the non-story on all the various pages/forums etc on "social" media. The same people posting the same link to the same non-story in 27 different places online. I have a theory that they are part and parcel of whatever clickbait site it is they keep posting up. Even suggested a couple of time in comments... nobody has yet denied it.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Which isn't true though.

I have been involved with at least two instances of employees carrying on their normal duties without predujice pending their court cases - both instances were serious allegations, in one case the person was jailed but their job was kept open for them after they returned from their prison sentence. 

The workforce was also warned about making any sort of comments to the person on their return as it would be deemed as harassment which is gross misconduct.

This is all in the "real" employment world which football clubs seem to be exempt from.

I too have been involved with people who were facing potential serious criminal proceedings who were suspended from duty until criminal investigations were completed either way.