Derby County versus Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

S8TY

Think we will win this one.  Stevenage away was a massive banana skin.  We could've had a good start to the season and still lost that match, they're the exact type of team we struggle against.  Aside from the free kicks Stevenage didn't create a lot and I think we will be pretty solid defensively at home.   

This isn't any kind of pro-Warne stance by the way. Ive always thought that the football he has served up has been poor I just think with the likes of Ward and Wilson now fit we have more options going forwards and might offer a bit more threat.  The football will still be pretty dire, I just think we might start to see it becoming a bit more effective which was all I really hoped for at the start of the season.   

9 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Bradley Forsyth 

Fornah Hourihane 

Barkhuizen Bird NML 

Brown 

It’s got to be about time for Brown to get a go considering how pants the rest of our strike force has been. Warne won’t do it mind. 

I suspect we will win this one - anything less and things will get ugly. The fixture list could actually do Warne some favours with two inconsequential cup games after tonight, followed by a tough test against Barnsley. Reading away on Nov 18 might be the next time pressure is really turned up again. 

Warne more likely to play himself up front. More in the age bracket he likes. 

Think we'll win this one comfortably.  We are still a top 3rd side at home in a division where the gap between top and bottom is more marked than the Championship. 

At some point I expect Warne to go back to his wingbacks system - if Ward was fully fit this might have been the one.   

20 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

What plenty of people have been saying about James Collins (minus the comfortably best finisher bit) but most of the time he's still everywhere except the penalty area when chances emerge. I think he'd be a much more effective finisher and player for us if he was told to cut out the build up the play, which he's not that good at anyway, and goal hang a bit more.  

Tbf to Warne et al, they have told him that. 

Come on then lads, todays the day it clicks! Todays the start of a 20 game unbeaten streak with 15 wins included. Todays where I start to cook my big humble pie to eat in 20 matches time when we’re 3rd and chasing down the autos. 

Come on Derby!!! 

Wildsmith 

Nyambe Nelson Foz Elder 

Fornah 

Bird Hourihane 

NML Collins Barkhuizen 

Wildsmith is in last chance saloon. Vickers comes in for me if he has any more crisp packet wrist moments. 

Think Warne will favour Foz over Bradley which would put the writing on the wall for Bradley if I was him. 

Collins over Washington because I don’t think there’ll be any space behind their defence tonight to run into… 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

...Come on Derby!!! 

Wildsmith 

Nyambe Nelson Foz Elder 

Fornah 

Bird Hourihane 

NML Collins Barkhuizen 

Wildsmith is in last chance saloon. Vickers comes in for me if he has any more crisp packet wrist moments. 

Think Warne will favour Foz over Bradley which would put the writing on the wall for Bradley if I was him. 

Collins over Washington because I don’t think there’ll be any space behind their defence tonight to run into… 

Think the back four might be a five again.

Wildsmith

Ward Nelson Bradley Nyambe Elder

Bird Hourihane

Wilson Washington NML

or not. It's impossible to guess who Warne favours or who he will pick where. And that's another problem after over a year.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think the back four might be a five again.

Wildsmith

Ward Nelson Bradley Nyambe Elder

Bird Hourihane

Wilson Washington NML

or not. It's impossible to guess who Warne favours or who he will pick where. And that's another problem after over a year.

If there was a vomit reaction emoji for that line up, I'd use it

Making the trip over the A52 for this, not been able to much recently. Wouldn’t say I’m excited, I’d almost call it a ‘trudge’ this evening. But I keep reminding myself - I felt so low a few years ago when I wasn’t sure what would happen to our club. I’ve still got that club, and I can go, so I should.

Would like to see some more play ‘between the lines’, instead of the one dimensional attack of get it wide. At least have an inside option for the winger to drive into the box.

I was in Bristol at the weekend and thought I’d go and see Chris Martin playing for Rovers v Northampton. First half he was the best player on the pitch by far and scored a great goal and missed a sitter.  Northampton pass it around a bit but had nothing at all upfront. Second half they scored when CM went off and Rovers looked a bit lost. 
It should be 3-0 minimum tonight…

Therefore I predict 0-0