Derby County versus Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

S8TY

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not optimistic with Washington upfront on his own. It was a clear issue at the weekend, so I had hoped Warne would change it - either Collins on his own or with the two together.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I'd like to see him use his pace more to work the channels and give us options across the whole of the front line. He could easily stretch them, cause problems and let the wide men make runs into the box.

Hopefully he'll not just stand still and hope to win the long aimless balls we hoof forward, like we did Saturday.

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'd like to see him use his pace more to work the channels and give us options across the whole of the front line. He could easily stretch them, cause problems and let the wide men make runs into the box.

Hopefully he'll not just stand still and hope to win the long aimless balls we hoof forward, like we did Saturday.

If we’re playing long balls up to Washington then we really are losing the plot!

So underwhelmed when I look at that line up. Not sure if it's formation, players, tactics or a combination. Totally lacks bite for me. Honestly looking at what's available I'd be going 2 up top with either Collins or Brown up with Washington. 

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

So underwhelmed when I look at that line up. Not sure if it's formation, players, tactics or a combination. Totally lacks bite for me. Honestly looking at what's available I'd be going 2 up top with either Collins or Brown up with Washington. 

Exactly what does Collins offer?

Might as well have a Labrador up front if all you want is running around and an occasional unnecessary biting of ankles.

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Its a crap line up however u look at it.

the lack of attacking quality is frightening

but thats where we are 

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

I think it’s the man on the touch line that makes you feel like that.

If a proper manager was in charge and we were playing football, then you could see plenty of goals from the likes of Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing and Hourihane.

As it stands, you can envisage 90 mins of lumping it up to Washington with no success.