How do we get investment into the club

Poynton ram

4 hours ago, bcnram said:

I am grateful for him stepping in for his company to buy the club. I think the time has come for him to sell at least a controlling share to bring in new investment. In football terms he hasn’t made good decisions and is holding the club back. In long or even medium term, fans rarely make good owners, that has certainly been the case at Derby. 
The potential of the club is a great opportunity for investors to get a good return, particularly if we can get back to the Premier. I would hope that feelers are being put out for potential buyers / investors. I doubt it though, but if that was the case, we may as well hang on to our inept manager & his coaching team until a new owner gets shot if them. 

Wow. Words fail me.

23 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

100% on the money.   

Club is worth £30m, Clowes was generous to save us, none of the other party's were offering more at the time he bought.

With regards to the sale of the club or additional investment its a matter for DC himself to consider....

Mel said he lost £200 million trying to get DCFC into the Prem . Could be B S but if somebody invested £20 mill , Warne could spend his way out of Tier 3 . That’s when the problem starts . Us Rams fans would soon start clamering for the Prem football , which would take another £50 mill to compete with the “Parachute Teams”. Is David ready for the Rollercoaster ?

Bird, Sibs, Cash. All out of contract in the summer. From January they are allowed to talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement. It's far from impossible that they will not sign any new deal and let their contract run down so they can negotiate higher wages and signing on fee in the summer. We'd get whatever pittance a tribunal decides to award us for the money spent on their development. It won't be a lot.

DC won't, IMO, sell the club to someone cut price. He's going to want to break even at least.  That will only happen if we get back to the SBC and do reasonably well...

On 29/10/2023 at 14:19, bcnram said:

I am grateful for him stepping in for his company to buy the club. I think the time has come for him to sell at least a controlling share to bring in new investment. In football terms he hasn’t made good decisions and is holding the club back. In long or even medium term, fans rarely make good owners, that has certainly been the case at Derby…

Wow!

I’d say it was way too early in his tenure to come out with those sort of statements!

First off, there’s the whole stepping in to literally save the club from extinction. Then the EFL spending restrictions/mutually agreed business plans. 
Heck, in reality, it’s even (technically) too early to state that employing PW was a mistake, as he has neither succeeded or failed to achieve his target(s) thus far!

No idea what other “not good decisions” you may be referring to?  🤷‍♂️

… And your last statement infers DC has already been proven to have been a bad owner!
I repeat… “Wow”!  😲

Oh my god - what a ridiculous thread. We are in league one - a handful of wins from the top two and everywhere fans think it’s not good enough. We have fallen to the first round of the FA cup and tbh i don’t think any match is a given in this league. The bookies made us favourites to go up based on nothing. 

we are not entitled to win matches and that won’t change. We have to earn them. Investment isn’t going to come and I don’t want it. Investors want returns on their money. 

If we are desperate for investment why doesn't every Derby fan invest an extra £500 for nothing in return? We'll be the ones that benefit. It's the safest thing for the future of the club. Or maybe some kind of shareholder model - I think the Green Bay Packers do something similar.

Hold on a minute, I can't afford it, and even if I could, my wife would have serious problems with it. I expect most of us are in the same boat.

Mr Clowes invested a hell of alot more than that in a third tier club that has been pillaged. Absolutely no one else would. He's the reason I can still take my children to watch the Rams. I'll never forget that, he's got free reign as far as I'm concerned.

We should be concentrating on being sustainable so we're never in that position again. I would like us to only use players from the local area, similar to Athletic Bilbao, that would be something to be really proud of.

I mentioned them on another thread and I’ll do it again here because as a club I think they are getting lots of things right…

Plymouth nearly went under and were “saved” by a local businessman. He wanted a lot of land deals around the club and from the city and it seems he wanted to use this as the sweetener. Before any starts I am not accusing David Clowes of this at all, not in the slightest.

Then and this is where I think it is comparable they were gradually bought out by a “fan” albeit a successful one who was living in America. He said from the start that it would have to be a sustainable club within 5 years living on its own income. He also said it would be run as a business based on data and numbers not on feelings and emotions. He said when it got too much for him he would either sell or bring in investment but only on the terms they would continue that ethos. 

Now all clubs have mocked them, called them Loan FC and generally sneered but to be fair to them they have stuck to that model. Managers recruited on data, players the same, a strict budget and use of a loan market to supplement players who suit their system. They also sold the idea To other investors and got a large injection which has allowed them to purchase and improve infrastructure and develop their academy to produce players for sale and the first team… sound familiar…

I think that model applied here with us would work…. But and here’s the big but it has taken time and would take time here. Granted we have the infrastructure but not the system and the ethos. DC needs to set that with the support of people who know the game and also share the vision. Let’s be honest he is wealthy enough to save us but not to be a long term owner with the financial commitment and risk that brings so the club has to be sustainable so that’s what should be implemented now and growth comes from that. 

As DC owns all of the shares any sale of the shares, then the cash would go to DC and NOT THE CLUB

The only way an investor could put money in would be for fresh shares to be issued and then the  cash raised could be used by the club, however as DC owns 100% of the shares with a face value of say £1 per share then someone investing £25 million at a pound a share to match DC would only own, 33% of the club. 

No outside person(s) is going to invest, it will be all or nothing before DC relinquishes control.

DC owns the club and he can run it as he wishes so all his critics out there can suck it up.

FWIW DC probably has got buyers remorse with PW but will not throw good money after bad at the moment.

Do we need investment at this time?   Surely the club generates enough income to outspend the competition in league 1 especially given the rules on spending relative to income.   

Let's get the club run right first - recruitment and just as importantly selling players at the right time (which over the years we've been shocking at), academy.    Once it's run right then investment will bring a return on the pitch.  We've seen to our cost pumping money in doesn't guarantee anything.