Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

47 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

WTF!?  There is zero wrong with what he’s said. It’s an honest assessment of the performance. Some people have an agenda …..it was a shocking first half performance - he’s said as much - but we won - and keep pace with the top teams despite the performance. 

It's an honest assessment and he too thinks we got a fortunate victory because we have more class than the opposition.

That's great. He understands us.

Or does he? Or is he just saying what he thinks those booing at half time want to hear? 

Does anything change as a result?

Edited by May Contain Nuts

30 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I think the performances need to improve - which is why I said his assessment was spot on. 

I also think we need Nyambe and Fozzy/Elder back asap - to give us the solid base on which the winning run was built. And my own view is we need the extra midfielder for a little more control earlier in the games - Tommo or Fornah at the moment - and then 2 from CBT, Nat and Tom B. 

That answer enough? 🤔

Wildsmith for one thats all im saying as were sh!t again and cant be arsed with people licking arses 

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well he didn't and I think you know what he meant. He was agreeing we were poor in the first half.

Poor until we scored even then wasnt great the free kick the wall disppeared ( good strike) but if the wall stand it would of been blocked then a class finish from carlo to win the game ( even the ball wasnt great it was behind him)

37 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It's an honest assessment and he too thinks we got a fortunate victory because we have more class than the opposition.

That's great. He understands us.

Or does he? Or is he just saying what he thinks those booing at half time want to hear? 

Does anything change as a result?

No - nothing changes as a result - the performance was cr@p, the game has gone and the result stays the same 2-1 to Derby - and be that lucky, poor or whatever it ….it’s still 3pts in the bag with only 2 defeats and 2 draws in the last 14 games. We remain 3 points away from top - and 7 points clear of 7th with 17 games to go. 👍🏻🐏

33 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

No - nothing changes as a result - the performance was cr@p, the game has gone and the result stays the same 2-1 to Derby - and be that lucky, poor or whatever it ….it’s still 3pts in the bag with only 2 defeats and 2 draws in the last 14 games. We remain 3 points away from top - and 7 points clear of 7th with 17 games to go. 👍🏻🐏

Fair enough on you looking positives,but we are poor! If the results were based on the performances we have been putting out and losing instead of grinding out results he would have been gone by now

I struggle with Warne. I see nothing in the way we set up that gives me any confidence. I don’t really understand what the style of play is, we never seem to have any in midfield, yet somehow we look short up top and in defence. We get results, so I guess something must be right, though I do suspect that it might be due to our players just being individually better, but it’s not a great watch. We’ve won today, but it’s another unconvincing performance. I can’t think of many games over his tenure where I think we’ve played well and we look no different to the way we were after his first few games. If he left tomorrow I wouldn’t be upset 

13 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Fair enough on you looking positives,but we are poor! If the results were based on the performances we have been putting out and losing instead of grinding out results he would have been gone by now

I don’t think we are poor. However, our performances and, in turn, the entertainment factor in the last few have been very poor. Add to that the fact we’ve missed opportunities to go top against lower in the table opposition and it makes it feel worse. 

if we were not winning as many games and still playing that brand of football - I agree with you entirely that he would be gone.

but it’s primarily a results business for managers and the table shows (for now) he’s getting them. 

32 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

I struggle with Warne. I see nothing in the way we set up that gives me any confidence. I don’t really understand what the style of play is, we never seem to have any in midfield, yet somehow we look short up top and in defence. We get results, so I guess something must be right, though I do suspect that it might be due to our players just being individually better, but it’s not a great watch. We’ve won today, but it’s another unconvincing performance. I can’t think of many games over his tenure where I think we’ve played well and we look no different to the way we were after his first few games. If he left tomorrow I wouldn’t be upset 

I feel very similar !

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Poor until we scored even then wasnt great the free kick the wall disppeared ( good strike) but if the wall stand it would of been blocked then a class finish from carlo to win the game ( even the ball wasnt great it was behind him)

Forest tw@

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

"All about results".

No, it isn't.

Playing game after game so badly that, even after a win today, it actually feels worse than a defeat.

Sorry. Warne out. Let's play football.

Lol, yeah, let's play football and lose, we'll all feel better about that won't we?!

Is this still a DCFC forum?

Not going to happen so focus on something else.

Football is worse since B Davies and we somehow come up with another win.

As soon as I saw the teamsheet today I knew we were in trouble. We need something in the middle and Tommo brings that in abundance.

I won't single out players as many were woeful but I will give a shout out to Sonny. I watched him v closely and he brought control to the team when he came on. I think he has lost some of his aerial ability but that wasn't needed towards the end.

We have been bitten hard by injuries, and that's what happens when you shop at bargain basement and pick up 30+ and injury prone.

Fwiw I feel we will be top 6 at best and may or may not go up. It will require another transfer window with the handbrake off to get the team in good health.

Do I like the style of play? Hell no

Would i make a change if I were in charge? Probably not

Will Warme get us up? Not sure

What tactical change would I make? Legs in the middle as the tactics are clearly to bypass the middle

I feel for CBT. If I were him I would have lost my s***. It was almost as if the tactic was to ignore him. Sibley (MOTM.....) opted to ignore him and try and beat 10 players on his own each time.

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lol, yeah, let's play football and lose, we'll all feel better about that won't we?!

Is this still a DCFC forum?

What?

Let's get this straight. We've got one of the best squads, best support, best resources in a tin pot league - we're near the top because of that, not because of Warne's management and style of play.

With decent management, we'd be cruising, getting results while still playing decent, entertaining football.

Would you feel better about watching this dross just because of us getting enough results that put us in with a good chance of the play offs?

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

What?

Let's get this straight. We've got one of the best squads, best support, best resources in a tin pot league - we're near the top because of that, not because of Warne's management and style of play.

With decent management, we'd be cruising, getting results while still playing decent, entertaining football.

Would you feel better about watching this dross just because of us getting enough results that put us in with a good chance of the play offs?

Where's your evidence for that? When did we last "cruise" to promotion? The last 4 I remember we won effectively in play-off games, at best 2 games before the end of the season. "Cruising"? Not since 1969.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

"All about results".

No, it isn't.

Playing game after game so badly that, even after a win today, it actually feels worse than a defeat.

Sorry. Warne out. Let's play football.

Who said it was “All about results” ??