Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

We are just over a year into our reboot, the club needs stability, it's no surprise Clowes backs his man 1 year into a 4 year project. I don't think this is the dreaded "vote of confidence" either, what with the January transfer window being mentioned. This is our chairman's decision, we need to accept it and get back to supporting the team, at least we can then say we did our bit as supporters.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       In the summer i voiced my concern ( and others) about recruitment in the midfield and forward areas, powerhouse / ballwinners / playmaker/ goalscorers etc, this has to be the focus come January, which won't be easy on our budget. I would also like to say to everyone who is down and frustrated with the performances', manager, players and i include myself in this-  i get it, we are around the lowest position our club has gone in history, we don't want to be here, but the division and toxic vibe between supporters, players and staff is not helping. We will turn the corner, we will rise again and sticking together will make it all feel worth it. Clowes style is not chop and change like Mel, we need to back him with some patience. Keep the faith UTR   

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He doesn't need to be. There's an academy director and a staff for that. Warne only needs to be interested once a player from the academy is ready for the first team.

He had a game at notts county to put some on. But as we were winning 2 - 1 he didn’t put them on. Cocu and Rooney would have trusted them and bought them on. We had games in the championship where we were winning by 1 goal and Rooney threw them on. 

ehat a great confidence boost for academy players to know that the manager doesn’t trust them. He could easily have stuck one on. 

21 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

in my opinion,clowes has pinned his hopes on some sort of disney/holywood style miracle, which if most likely fails,could condem us to years in this god forbiden league.failure to get out this season means next season we have a full on warne/league one squad,far worse than we have now,and the longer you stay in this league,the harder it is to get out

Can you imagine a full on warne squad once he’s had another 2 windows to then employ a manager who wants to play football on the ground. Will set us back another 2 seasons worth of transfer windows 

23 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I look at Portsmouth perhaps? I know Oxford have spent a bit. Bolton manager reckons their budget is half of Wednesday and Ipswich’s last season (they’d have been huge for this level tbf). I’m just can’t see who else would have a bigger budget. 

All 3 teams that come down at a guess

Based on Warnes business over the summer I don’t hold much faith even if he did have a few pennies to spend - his signings have hardly set the world on fire have they ? Apart from Nelson who has been excellent.

Also January is a notoriously difficult time to sign players - is there really going to be a decent forward available ? 

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do know we've been to the wire as a Club more than once. This time Clowes rescued us, previous times it was someone else. It's the Club that matters and that is being debated, not what a good guy Clowes was for rescuing us.

It's definitely the club that matters and right now Clowes knows exactly what he can and can't do to safeguard the future of the club, whereas the people calling him a moron don't have a clue.

Right now Clowes could well be calling himself a moron for saving the club followed by so many nobheads. 

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

He had a game at notts county to put some on. But as we were winning 2 - 1 he didn’t put them on. Cocu and Rooney would have trusted them and bought them on. We had games in the championship where we were winning by 1 goal and Rooney threw them on. 

ehat a great confidence boost for academy players to know that the manager doesn’t trust them. He could easily have stuck one on. 

is that Cocu who left us in relegation zone and Rooney who we were relegated under?

Make your mind up, do you want a manager to win? or do you want a manager to play kids?

You do realise that since Cocu and Rooney, our academy has been plundered/pillaged for the most talented?

We no longer have the Ebiowei, Plange and co.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

is that Cocu who left us in relegation zone and Rooney who we were relegated under?

Make your mind up, do you want a manager to win? or do you want a manager to play kids?

You do realise that since Cocu and Rooney, our academy has been plundered/pillaged for the most talented?

We were not relegated due to performances we were relegated due to points deductions so get the whole context out please. Even though we were relegated I sure as hell preferred that season than this one 

Edited by Barney1991

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

That's disingenuous given the circumstances and you know that.

We do still have Brown, Robinson, Radcliffe and Bardell who haven't had a single minute.

Just now, Barney1991 said:

We were t related due to performances we were related due to points deductions so get the whole correct out please. Even though we were relegated I sure as hell preferred that season that season than this one 

I'll give you that on Rooney, we looked to play fast and attacking, but no way on Cocu, we were abysmal and as bad as we are now, if not worse. Tried to play a slow dutch way, and failed badly.

Sticking with Warne isn't safeguarding the club.  Look if we really can't afford to sack him then we are stuck until we can sell a player to fund it - but if Clowes has put us and himself  in that position it's of his own making.   I'm sure Rosenior would have taken a rolling 1 year contract probably on lower wages than Warne. 

What is the best case scenario with Warne - he recreates Rotherham here and takes us up in 2025 or 2026.   Look what his teams did in the Championship.    It's not a long term strategy and giving him time risks necessitating starting from scratch but this time with a load of players we can't shift  let alone sell - we would be worse off than the Summer of 2022 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

That's disingenuous given the circumstances and you know that.

We do still have Brown, Robinson, Radcliffe and Bardell who haven't had a single minute.

not that it makes a difference, I don't recognise any of those names and do not know if they are any good. My point, disingenuous or otherwise is that Warne is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. People's minds are made up, so highlighting his supposed lack of interest in the academy is futile and moot.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Neither came through our academy we bought them in on frees as young senior pros.   

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'll give you that on Rooney, we looked to play fast and attacking, but no way on Cocu, we were abysmal and as bad as we are now, if not worse. Tried to play a slow dutch way, and failed badly.

Cocu ball was a hard watch but at least under him we made a late push for the playoffs a league above and he trusted the academy. Again sometimes a hard watch but give me that over this season 

20 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Or maybe he doesn't want to put them on the pitch when there are so many fans there waiting to boo if we don't win?

Great confidence boost for the players having their own fans booing them and hurling abuse at them.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

not that it makes a difference, I don't recognise any of those names and do not know if they are any good. My point, disingenuous or otherwise is that Warne is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. People's minds are made up, so highlighting his supposed lack of interest in the academy is futile and moot.

It's absolutely not futile and moot. Fans are more receptive to errors if youngsters are being used and the effort is there. If they can see things about being built for the future and that investment is coming onto the pitch. Couple that with the tried and tested (old) players not performing and the obvious lack of pace and athleticism throughout the team, and it's completely right to wonder why on earth no academy players have had even a few minutes. At the very worst, they prove to be no better and we've lost nothing in trying - and frankly, personally, I'd rather see Darren Robinson at 18 being no better than Conor Hourihane than watch Conor Hourihane.