Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I don't where we go from here. We are pottering about in midtable and as near to the bottom 3 as the top 2. The toxicity between (some) fans and players/management is becoming a real issue and the whole atmosphere around the club is awful. Something has to change and change soon because we can't go on like this. 

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There are also others (🙋🏻‍♂️) who accept that he’s a limited manager but hope/hoped Warne’s experience at this level, the good game he talks at times, and some consistency alongside a period of stability after a couple of years of turmoil would be tolerable and necessary for the club whilst also leading to promotion from this league in time. 
I still feel that way but understand the growing concerns of others. 
As I’ve said many times before it doesn’t have to descend into a binary argument with people looking to score points.
I am starting to wonder if his position is becoming increasingly untenable as the lacklustre performances continue, not that I want him sacked but I can see the argument of those who do.

Good post this but the issue being the consistent lacklustre performances and it’s been 18 months of it which indicates something isn’t going to be better and he has had funds to spend unlike most of the league this season 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Don't you think Collins makes most centre halves look good? 

He does but I still find it hard to criticise him in games like this when he's given zero support from the midfield and just hopeful crosses. I always think back to the Oxford game this season where he spent a good 70/80 minutes trying to win blind hoofballs against that 6'5 giant at the back. It feels to me that the way we're setup to bypass the midfield just gives him a nearly impossible task every game.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

I don't where we go from here. We are pottering about in midtable and as near to the bottom 3 as the top 2. The toxicity between (some) fans and players/management is becoming a real issue and the whole atmosphere around the club is awful. Something has to change and change soon because we can't go on like this. 

In my opinion I t’s either a rapid (and potentially quite unlikely) turnaround of performances and results over the next couple of games or some of our fellow fans may finally get their wish and see a change of manager in the not too distant future.