Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

If DC sacks him now, is that a sign that he'd already made a bad business decision, by bringing Warne in in the first place?  

I suspect it would... and I suspect this is in the back of DC's mind. 
The only chance (however slim) DC has of proving this appointment to have been a good decision is if he holds fire for now... and keeps his fingers well and truly crossed!

Scary s***, innit!  😲   

Admitting you made a mistake is not a bad business decision.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There are also others (🙋🏻‍♂️) who accept that he’s a limited manager but hope/hoped Warne’s experience at this level, the good game he talks at times, and some consistency alongside a period of stability after a couple of years of turmoil would be tolerable and necessary for the club. 
I still feel that way but understand the growing concerns of others. 
As I’ve said many times before it doesn’t have to descend into a binary argument with people looking to score points.
I am starting to wonder if his position is becoming increasingly untenable as the lacklustre performances continue, not that I want him sacked but I can see the argument of those who do.

Yeah, I'm not claiming that applies to all the pro-Warne lot or anything.  But there are absolutely people talking themselves into stuff like us having a tiny budget for this league, or a squad full of League 1/2 players at best, or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

And the other players? What have they done? 

You'd be hard pushed to say that any of the midfield or attack warrant a start in the next game based on what they've produced today, or at times in other games.

When everyone looks crap, it's not the fault of the individual players 

Nothing … but we were talking about sibley and the apparent clamour lfr his signature

well actually it is.. no reason a player of his supposed ability cant stand out at this level

bird manages it 🤷

Edited by NottsRam77

Can’t wait for the excuses from the manager - let’s guess - the international break affected preparations, I gave players a chance and they failed so others will get a chance on Tuesday -they are a good side especially at home with some big lads and we knew what to expect and we were prepared properly - we have players returning from injury soon etc etc etc - let’s see 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There are also others (🙋🏻‍♂️) who accept that he’s a limited manager but hope/hoped Warne’s experience at this level, the good game he talks at times, and some consistency alongside a period of stability after a couple of years of turmoil would be tolerable and necessary for the club whilst also leading to promotion from this league in time. 
I still feel that way but understand the growing concerns of others. 
As I’ve said many times before it doesn’t have to descend into a binary argument with people looking to score points.
I am starting to wonder if his position is becoming increasingly untenable as the lacklustre performances continue, not that I want him sacked but I can see the argument of those who do.

This^^^

🐏