Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

It's odd. His passing never really seemed to be an issue in the Championship or at the start of last season when we were more of a possession based team and he saw more of the ball? 

He used to find Didzy making clever runs all the time. Regular as clockwork. What's he meant to do now, make use of Collins' intelligent movement?

That being said, he should be doing better.

Half time.

Really hard watch, Derby have had a couple of 5 mins spells, same as them really. We cant string 3 passes together for most of the time.

3 chances for Derby, one of them a worldie save from the goalie stopped us taking the lead. Penalty to Shrewsbury for nothing, missed by them so justice served but I am still scratching my head about it.

Change 4 at half time, for me Sibs, Fornah, Smith & collins can be changed out.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

They're playing long ball and every time it seems to find a man.

I'm gonna say it... I think 3 at the back might be sensible for the 2nd half.

Made myself sick saying that.

The usual plan isn’t working, we can’t play round them, time for Warne to change something….question is… will he? 
I’d maybe sit Bird deeper in midfield, move Sibley to 10 and get NML on for one of Smith or Fornah to start with.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Funny too see us struggling against a team who sit back again. Warne is a manager who can only win games counter attacking them 

But they're not sitting back - and we're making them look dangerous every time they come forward!

Fornah and Smith just letting the game pass them by. Barks and Sibley really providing very little, Collins not looked dangerous at all.

No hoof ball...just pedestrian and lacking in intensity. 

We better come out 2nd half looking more interested.

What was Sibley doing for their penalty ? He made no effort to tackle in their half. As it was ...absolute disgrace of a dive.

Game still there to won.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Funny too see us struggling against a team who sit back again. Warne is a manager who can only win games counter attacking them 

That’s exactly why we have a problem with our home games, there’s little point in us putting crosses into the box when there no one there to get on the end of the cross's 😳🐏🐏🐏

Just now, Chester40 said:

Fornah and Smith just letting the game pass them by. Barks and Sibley really providing very little, Collins not looked dangerous at all.

No hoof ball...just pedestrian and lacking in intensity. 

We better come out 2nd half looking more interested.

What was Sibley doing for their penalty ? He made no effort to tackle in their half. As it was ...absolute disgrace of a dive.

Game still there to won.

Fornah has been dire but Smith has got a grip... of every Shrews midfielder who's gone past him! 

I'm still not convinced he dived - maybe tripped himself up and couldn't believe the ref gave him a penalty for his mishap?

Ugly ugly ugly football from both teams but one of the teams actually know how to play it ugly effectively. 
Everything we are doing is so slow and laboured. Painful to watch.  

Max Bird looking good. Cashin looking shakey and none of the front 3 could argue with being taken off. 

Our manager has been bloody crap at our club. Obviously he has talents hence the Rotherham promotions but he has underperformed by every metric for me in the last 13 months.